steroids via coinbase

ultraclassic

Can someone help me out here. I put money into coinbase. Bought btc wallet. steadly losing monies there. So i put money into cash account cant use it either. How do i get a working bitcoin account to buy products without losing my money or access to it? Need Help,

admin

Staff member
Hello,
Usually they are holding the first funds for a period to be sure the transaction is from a real user and not a fraud.

Dolf

I don't ever put money in my wallet until I'm gonna use it. Bitcoin is too volatile to put money in it and let it sit.

Zewi

I use Coinbase when i transfer to my bank, but i use Binance as my primary Crypto exchange.

bigjerseyd

I usually hit a bitcoin ATM the same day i place my order so it never sits in the wallet for more than a few hours.

Yeah that stuff is such a pain in the ass. I mean its kinda cool once you get the hang of it, think i even made money today off bitcoin but I cant send what I just deposited and wont be able to for 14 days, which is not what I wanted. Sorry to hijack the thread or whatever, I can relate to the frustration of it ultra, wanted to punch my computer earlier. I have a random question guys, so some of you say you dont keep money in the wallet until your about to send, so if I leave it as cash that's not technically in my wallet right...maybe thats a retarded question..i guess what i'm asking is is how safe is my money just sitting there in cash form, not coin or whatever? Also Any apps where i can send bitcoin immediately without limits? i get i can do debit on coinbase but its like a $100 limit and im on a mission to buy lots of gear lol

Papa.Smurf0311

I would like more info on coinbase as well. im sick and tired of western union and money gram. i just dont know how to set up a coin base. i know I would never even put money in it until right after I place an order because i know the bitcoin market goes up and down like a roller coaster.

AnabolicStoreUK

Coin base is pretty cool, could seem troublesome during your first transaction, but afterwards it is smooth. Additional info, it is not acceptable in some countries, so you may want to check that it works in your country.

Mublor

I don't ever put money in my wallet until I'm gonna use it. Bitcoin is too volatile to put money in it and let it sit.

It´s not that I move BTC usually, just when buying some things but I do the same. It really doesnt worth to take the risk of losing part of the hard earned salary, though.

So just a couple tricks i've learned from using coinbase.

1) add a debit card

(it might be wise to use a debit card you can keep a good eye on just in case or one you dont have a ton of money on but can transfer to easily) If you add a debit card you can have instant access to up to $100, least that's what mine is, but if i link a bank account and use that instead of a debit card it takes a long time before your money is available, last time I made that mistake I waited two weeks for those funds to be available. I believe it is possible to link several debit cards so you could have instant access to send bitcoin for several hundred dollars but im to paranoid to link my other debit card to be honest.

2) Add a BTC vault ..

When you do this you can keep some bitcoin in there until ready to use and its a little bit safer this way from what I've heard, its still subject to market swings but harder for someone to hack your account n shit and steal your money...least I heard that anyway. I wouldn't put a ton of money in there but depends on your needs. Also mine even makes me wait to pull from the vault and put in my bitcoin wallet so that i can send it (have to wait 48 hours) but thats better than two weeks. Also coinbase will want you to approve the transaction of moving money from the vault to your bitcoin wallet (where you send it from) in your email or it cancels after 24 hours, make sure to approve it from every email you have linked to your coinbase, if you have two, you will get two approval emails and if you ignore one the transaction cancels after 24 hours and you have to redo it, which means you just added a day to your process of getting gear.

3) there are some benefits to linking an account instead of just using the debit cards.

If you have a checking account that you dont use much or keep much money in, link it to coinbase so if you need to pull money back out of bitcoin you can do so, after a waiting period.....there is waiting periods for everything, it kind of sucks. Just be careful you dont use the account to put money in if you want to have instant access to the funds, i did that one time and I was so pissed. I ended up adding even more money but used my debit so i could send it right away and then when the other amount came through like a week later I transferred it back to my bank.

Sorry for the long post, thought that might help maybe. Either way its kind of a bitch and i guess you could leave the money in cash form in your coinbase account but I can't remember if that's another damn waiting period to buy bitcoin...I think you could buy a shitload but not be able to send it immediately...anyway once you figure it out and get into a rhythm you can make your transactions happen a lot quicker overall rather than western union because you dont wait long for the person on the other end to pickup the money.

Last edited:

ImmMax

if you dont feel safe, keep cash there then buy btc whenever you need to. On the other side i think btc is one of the best long term potentials out there in the market, Im talking 2 plus years