Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the scene

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the scene

Hello. First of all, thank you for all the great info here. Already have learned alot.

I'm a 48 year old former athlete. Typical American kid, football, basketball, baseball, played football in college at 6'2" 255lbs. Began lifting at 16 but stopped after injury in college. Fast forward 15 years, left a job working construction for a desk job and never changed my poor eating habits which led to significant weight gain. Woke up one day with a heart palpitation and was admitted to hospital for Atrial Fibrillation and heart failure. Had no idea how much i weighed as the home scale only went up to 350. Shockingly, i weighed in at 493 pounds. That was Summer of 2016. Turns out was diagnosed with an extreme case of sleep apnea which was causing my heart issues. Got my act in gear completely changed how i look at food and started to work off the weight and got a cpap machine. Really kicked my exercise into high gear in October of 2018, and as of March of 2020, I weighed in at 316 lbs and have been cleared of all heart related issues by my cardiologist. Pandemic hit and all the gyms closed so I put on almost 20lbs, but have dropped all by 7 of those since them opening back up. Goal is to get back down to 255 and see how i look and feel.

Been reading the forums for a couple weeks and have decided it's time to jump in and get serious about my plans for 2021. Look forward to continuing to learn and grow while putting my life back together. Thanks in advance for any info your willing to share.

Welcome to our community! and thank you for sharing your life story with us. Keep working hard and wish you all the best!

Comment

Working...
    X