Arimadex vs Nolvadex

ShaneT

I’ve been told to cycle a quarter of an arimidex tablet daily whilst on cycle, and then continue for 4 to 6 weeks post cycle.

Is this standard?

I’ve noticed that Nolvadex seems to be a common choice for PCT. Is this substituted for Arimidex?

suppsforlife

I’ve been told to cycle a quarter of an arimidex tablet daily whilst on cycle, and then continue for 4 to 6 weeks post cycle.
Only if you get high estrogen issues. No need to use arimidex as long as you don't have any symptoms of high estrogen. Definitely won't need to continue use post cycle if, then again, no estrogenic symptoms.
I’ve noticed that Nolvadex seems to be a common choice for PCT. Is this substituted for Arimidex?
Arimidex is used during cycle to reduce estrogen levels
Nolvadex (and often with Clomid) is used for PCT to boost natural testosterone production.
Arimidex is used for PCT only if you still get high estrogen symptoms after cycle, otherwise you only run Nolva (with or without Clomid).

ShaneT

Thanks
Only if you get high estrogen issues. No need to use arimidex as long as you don't have any symptoms of high estrogen. Definitely won't need to continue use post cycle if, then again, no estrogenic symptoms.

Arimidex is used during cycle to reduce estrogen levels
Nolvadex (and often with Clomid) is used for PCT to boost natural testosterone production.
Arimidex is used for PCT only if you still get high estrogen symptoms after cycle, otherwise you only run Nolva (with or without Clomid).
Thanks for the information!

So with Nolvadex, what would the dosage be, and is it best taken in the morning or before bed?

I’ve used Clomid before, and I did half a tablet every second day, before I went to bed.

Cheers

suppsforlife

Thanks for the information!
glad i can help
So with Nolvadex, what would the dosage be, and is it best taken in the morning or before bed?
timing isn't really important. dosage is different for every individual, depending on your response to it, the steroid cycle you ran (a harsher cycle requires a harsher PCT plan, thus higher dosage) etc.
But generally, most people find it good enough at 40 mg a day for the first 2 weeks of your PCT plan and then 20 mg a day for the last 2 weeks.
I’ve used Clomid before, and I did half a tablet every second day, before I went to bed.
Clomid should be taken daily for best results. especially when you just start PCT plan.
and btw, "half a tablet" isn't very informative considering that clomid comes in various strength variants per pill. but i can assume you talk about 50 mg per tablet as is by far the most popular version. So you were using 25 mg EOD which is not enough for a harsh cycle.