Opinions on my current shake

JesseTX

Looking for some feedback.
I use Optimum Nutrition- Gold Standard whey
I mix that with 2 tbsp of powder peanut butter,
1/2 cup egg whites, one cup of 1% milk.
I get 330 calories, 58g protoes, 5.5 g fat, 20g carbs.
I don't have one every day, but I do try- especially if I have a heavy workout.

This current shake is cut back a lot from what I used to make.

HGH.to

sounds good IMO. could try throwing in a banana or two for more calories. if you love bananas of course

JesseTX

and yeah, you need something like a blander (I have nutribullet and it does a great job)
I have a blender. I used to do two large scoops of peanut butter, about a cup of frozen tropical fruit, 10-20 gram protein almond milk, 15 g protein yogurt, scoop of protein, and 3 whole eggs.
I cut back from those because I wasn't working off all the excess calories and was getting flabby

HGH.to

I have a blender. I used to do two large scoops of peanut butter, about a cup of frozen tropical fruit, 10-20 gram protein almond milk, 15 g protein yogurt, scoop of protein, and 3 whole eggs.
I cut back from those because I wasn't working off all the excess calories and was getting flabby
lol, what you mentioned is extremely similar to what I was used to do

JesseTX

lol, what you mentioned is extremely similar to what I was used to do
Awesome.
I'll give it a go again once I get settled in my new job and finances and time are more stable.
I wasn't able to workout near as much due to time constraints.
Taking this test/deca has blasted my workout like I never thought possible!

D

Deleted member 45086

I have read several times that the body can process around 30-40 grams of protein about every 3 hours. So this thread made me think about it. How much protein at once is too much?

HGH.to

heard about similar thing. But I don't think the excess is a waste, it just that the body absorbs it "later". a continuous surplus is a waste though. that's why i usually have my protein shakes hours before or after meals

Twizted

I have read several times that the body can process around 30-40 grams of protein about every 3 hours. So this thread made me think about it. How much protein at once is too much?
I've wondered this also. I would assume 30-40 is for a natty so for us it shoukd be higher right? Increased nutrient partitioning/feed efficiency should mean we can handle more if I'm not mistaken.

HGH.to

yep, almost all steroids increase protein synthesis rate. a natty is 8-12 g per hour. so, it should be higher during a cycle

JesseTX

I have an opinion that protein, as well as any nutrient consumption would vary depending on metabolism.
The bar being set to the 30-40 grams every 3 to 4 hours as I have seen it referenced in many places is a median measure to the average person with an average metabolism.
I don't think it should be used as an upper limit of measure to someone who is doing 60 to 90 minutes of heavy weight training 5 to 6 times a day...and eating 5 to 6 times a day.

D

Deleted member 45086

I have an opinion that protein, as well as any nutrient consumption would vary depending on metabolism.
The bar being set to the 30-40 grams every 3 to 4 hours as I have seen it referenced in many places is a median measure to the average person with an average metabolism.
I don't think it should be used as an upper limit of measure to someone who is doing 60 to 90 minutes of heavy weight training 5 to 6 times a day...and eating 5 to 6 times a day.
I think you're correct. I consume 300g daily so I hang around 50g a meal if I can plus a shake

Hchero

That’s probably too much whey at once, you end shitting a good portion of it out. Shoot for 30 g or so of whey per shake with other longer digestion proteins for the best results