Shitty news

Pedrito0906

I've got a bit of an update guys, not really the update I was hoping to give. So the dr ordered like 15 different blood tests and the results of a few of them are really concerning. My ANA test came back positive which means I likely have an autoimmune disease, the ANA positive triggered another test and that test also came back positive. The ANA test doesn't identify what autoimmune disease I have so more tests will need to be ran.

My creatine kinase test came back really high which means I have muscle, heart, or brain damage of some sort. I am hoping this is just from working out. My aldolase test came back high which means muscle, heart or liver damage is present. I'm hoping the high aldolase is from working out also, but from everything I've read it says to stop workouts 12-24 hours before the test and I had stopped workouts for like 3-4 days. I have a follow up on the 14th I'm assuming more tests will be ordered then if not before.
Hey bro sorry to hear about that, we quickly think about the worst.

Did you noticed on the blood works that you've done any high increase in your liver enzymes?

Regarding your heart you can have an ekg to see how's your heart.

Gainz.

Did you talk to the doctors about your weight lifting? Or 70lbs of muscle gain in a short time?
And as far as the aldolase I heard you should stop exercising several days before.
But all that aside, I know it sounds cheesy... but you have to stay positive and keep your mental health on point! Worrying constantly and spinning your mind like a top is only gonna make things worse. I'm a big advocate for mental health, and I truly believe in the power of thought.
Its actually proven that you can make yourself feel better by saying it. Like if you're in the middle of workout and you're just tired and don't feel like doing it, if you start to tell yourself "I feel great, this is easy" you will absolutely feel better. I'm not saying this thinking you can cure what ever is going on with you. But I've seen people get bad news like this and literally worry themselves into the hospital.
It's so important to stay positive. We're all pulling for you brother, if you feel overwhelmed at any point come here and vent! Its good to get it out.
But judging by what you've already been through, how you've been single handedly driving the cost of peanut butter up...I think you're gonna be ok. What ever it is you'll manage it and continue to be a monster.

Twizted

Thanks fellas. I'm not counting myself out yet, everything thus far is all very inconclusive anyway. Just gotta nail down why I'm triggering a positive in the ANA and the reflex test that came with it. My x-rays looked like shit as well but I was already prepared for that part. I have alot going on with my bones, this is part of the reason I got back into lifting. Resistance training is proven to improve bone density and health.

rosoo

Like what other stay, try not to worry so much first, wait until the actual results is out and I am sure there will be a treatment plan to be implemented for you by the doctor. Just hang in there stay positive and try not to worry to much.

Hope you feel better real soon.

Cheers brother.

Twizted

Going today for more blood tests and more x-rays, and they scheduled me for an EMG on Tuesday. My follow up is still scheduled for the 14th

D

Deleted member 45086

Going today for more blood tests and more x-rays, and they scheduled me for an EMG on Tuesday. My follow up is still scheduled for the 14th
So on the 14th you should have a much better understanding of what's going on, correct?

Twizted

I've got my follow up tomorrow at 3:15. I'm sure we will discuss the positive ANA'S and the high values so I should know a little more tomorrow evening. Wish me luck

Twizted

I guess I should post an update now that I've had a chance to see my rheumatologist. Nothing really solid came from the appointment, he said I have arthritis and osteopenia in my back, neck and shoulder. My neck is starting to look like an s, it has the normal curve in the correct direction and then it curves back the opposite way(I think its called Kyphosis).

The last blood test I had popped positive for another antibody, according to the dr this particular one has something to do with muscular diseases. Gonna have to get an EMG to further evaluate it. So basically no autoimmune diseases have been identified clearly which is good, just alot of concerning results that don't point in any real direction as of now lol. He wasn't overly concerned with the fact I got a positive on the ANA because that can evidentally happen with healthy ppl and none of the orher disease specific tests came back high.

Gainz.

Except for the neck thing, I'm taking this as good news! 12 vials of blood they should of figured out something by now!
But still no word on your eye, or what's causing it?
That's the worst part of doctors... hurry up and wait!

Twizted

Yea he said I may have an autoimmune disease that's staying just in my eye which may be causing the scleritis. Who knows, looks like it's something I'm gonna have to live with. They are talking about chemo drugs to knock it out if my eye and prevent it from getting bad but I don't know how I feel about that. I guess scleritis can get really bad if left untreated and can lead to permanent vision loss or even loss of the entire eye. Right now mines just blurry as fuck and really red 24/7