2018 Cruise

blastthru23

It's time for a long, sweet cruise again. I'm running Test E 250mg/week, Primo 150mg/week, and Deca 100mg/week. I ran this last time, and really liked it. So, round two. This will go until late August/early September.

For the first 8 weeks, I will be training with a moderate volume, and each muscle group will be hit twice to three times per week (a "week" means roughly 10 days since the training frequency dictates what a "week" is; a micro-cycle as it were), with progressive overload of course.  I am aiming during this time to work extra on lat width and depth, biceps size, and quad sweep. Abs will be targeted as well. Training 5-6 days/ week. Once I am satisfied, I will likely modulate to strength training. I am leaning toward the Gironda style, but will likely modify it somewhat. (I like to get a little creative myself, instead of following a plan to the letter).

My TDEE has increased with my new job (a lot of up and down ladders carrying various tools and material), so, I'll be increasing calories to 3500/day for two to three weeks then ramp up to 4000 (which seems to be my new TDEE). I want to first test the waters with a lower amount, and increase as needed. My scale weight is 203-204, 8%bf according to caliper measurements (adjusted up from a near death of about 4%, definitely not 4%!) Below is my meal plan, yes, I still hand write it. It is an outline for 4000 cals/day, so I will be lowering carbs and fat to meet the 3500 mark. (Chix = chicken breast, Dex = glucose, Rice = white rice). Fats will be from olive oil, avocado oil, or whatever is on sale that fits my needs (not vegetable oil or crap like that just to be clear lol). Chicken breast is my mainstay, but sometimes lean beef (ground or steak) or salmon will be thrown in for variation. I'm using pure, flavorless whey isolate, oats, glucose and spirulina in my morning and 5th meal shake.If I do start to pack on too much fat, modified mini-cuts may be utilized to adjust weight gain according to look and feel. Ultimately, the goal is to maintain, and perhaps add to, my current FFM, which is floating in the vicinity of 28 +/-. I will be allowing myself an occasional kit-kat, or pack of peanut M&Ms, and a so-called cheat meal once in awhile, which is usually a 1 pound hamburger, and some fries.

Supplements are few, and are NAC, taurine, BCAA,iodine, and D3. No pre-workouts for me any more, just a 200mg cap of caffeine. I may include creatine later on down the line.

I'll update this log when I can, and when there is something interesting or noteworthy. The continues as though this is day 1 :)

;)[[{"fid":"36830","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]

SemperFi

Blaster your pen and paper technology makes me have hope in humankind!

Thanks for sharing buddy... I have to give you a +3 for the details. I have been following you since day one and your body composition numbers are outstanding! With your above numbers at 8% I have your adjusted FFMI at 28.06. Thats scary crazy in a good way. Keep up the hard work.

SEMPER FI

strong

Way to keep it together after that long cycle... Its not easy to come off and stay positive... Good Man Blast...

blastthru23

I had lasagna with my daughter this past weekend... I ate most of it! Gained 4 pounds (It was rather large and mostly meat). Now, I am back on Earth, going for it. Seems it’s never ending, this “going for it” thing that I seem to enjoy a tad bit more than meaty lasagna lol. The fun filled ride continues, I’m on your heels SF, or getting kind of close maybe ;)

btw, those carbs made my strength come back hella fast!

blastthru23

Yeah, it’s a little weird just on a cruise dose. I don’t if I could handle the intensity of it much longer than I did. The saga continues into infinity, or death, which ever comes first. Wait infinity can’t come first! Oops, already in the infinite. Star dust...

Dolf

I like it! I like it a lot! Once technology fails or gets knocked out by a amp at least you'll have pen and paper to do it the old fashioned way. 

blastthru23

So, here I sit in front of (or is it behind) the computer, listening to some Black Metal, Wolvhammer from Finland. Thanks ESMetalhead for the suggestion! My old Ford Explorer is about to kick the bucket, so I had to start looking for another work truck; might settle on a Ford F150; it's lifted four inches, looks pretty bad ass. My daughter is off with friends, she's growing up I guess. It's a good time to give a little update.

The transition from cycle to cruise was smooth as silk. I ramped up the carb calories from rice primarily, and somewhat with oats, over time. Started with 60 grams of cooked white rice per carb meal to 120 grams, and oats went from 1 cup to 1 and a quarter cups per shake. I also adjust carbs depending on how I feel; an intuitive carb-cycling as it were. I am staying rather lean even with the increased cals. I am sitting between 206 and 208, which makes good sense given the cut I did. Muscles are definitely more dense I'd say.

I settled on the RP-21 program with a little twist. I do the heavy compounds to start (deads, squat, presses) or I start with weighted dips, or pull ups. I then do the 6x5 exercises, but, tack on extra at the end depending on whether its an upper, lower, front or back dominant day. Then throw in some abs if it isn't too late. Strength and stamina are both steadily increasing. I did start on the low end of total load for compounds to avoid injury mostly, or because I was just simply exhausted from working 10+ hours. I am enjoying the process quite a bit, and I do like the new approach very much. Nice change from the grueling high-volume training I had been doing for about 30 weeks.

As far as gear stuff, I do like the SF stack. Works great! So long as everything else is in check ;)  

Big Nasty

Love following your posts when I get a chance Blast. Trying to catch up with everyone and always miss hanging out here. 

blastthru23

Updates are few and far between mostly due to being very busy at work (a damn good thing, love the project I'm working on, and the crew is really cool, good stuff). Love my new-old truck, 4x4 ford with a 4" lift. Beastly. In general, things in life are on a nice and steady upswing.

I've been rolling with a version of RP-21, and I am really digging it. Strength is steadily moving upwards. while, in light of a caloric increase, I am staying rather lean, muscles are definitely fuller, but fat is not accumulating really at all. Some definition has disappeared, but not by much since the cut. I figure, it basically summer, so I will just stay this way until its time to bulk up again. Scale weight is floating between 206 and 208, but leaner than last year, which I was pretty steady at 209 for a long period of time. This leads me to believe that I made some wonderfully loyal muscular gains, while maintaining a great metabolic set point. It took a lot of effort, but the fruits of that effort are very satisfying and rewarding to say the least. My diet is tight, however, I do add more or less carbs from time to time based on how I feel, the same goes for salt. I do indulge in a Kit-Kat, a couple of cookies, or a bit of ice cream here and there with no physically visible repercussions. On weekends, I take a break from chicken, and have beef, and/or salmon, and I put shellfish (usually shrimp) in my eggs at night. I did go with canned tuna one night and regretted it the next day, as did anyone else in the vicinity.

The following is the layout of my training program. It changes a little bit from time to time (reps, sets, load, accessory exercises) but not by much. Rest period between sets is typically less than one minute, more like 30-45 seconds. I did a deload this week, though I am not so sure I actually needed to, but, I want to practice intentional deloads so it becomes part of my overall training repertoire. Last cycle, I experienced accumulated fatigue, and instead of intentionally deloading, it was by default, and too late

LOWER 1.

Squats: 7x3-4

Glute Raise: 6x5+

Seated leg curl: 6x5+

Leg Press Calf Raises: 6x5

Leg Press: 6x5+

Leg Extensions: 6x5+

Biceps

Incline curls: 3-4x8-12

Barbell curls: 3x8-12

Cable curls 1 1/2 reps: 3 sets to failure

Upper 1.

Weighted dips: 7x3-5

Weighted pull ups: 6x5

Dumb bell incline press: 7x5

Bent over rows at 45 degrees: 6x5

Hammer Strength Decline Press: 6x5+

Abs: variety of exercises

Lower 2.

Dead Lift: 7x3

Seated Leg curl: 6x5

Glute Raise: 6x5

Leg Press Calf Raise: 6-7x5+

Delts: [Giant set] (3x10 each exercise, no rest between)

Dumb bell over head press: 55lb plate front raise; Dumb bell lateral; incline rear delt flye

Abs (time permitting)

Upper 2.

Weighted Pull ups: 7x3

Dumb bell flat press: 7x5+ (I have to keep the challenge going as I have reached the dumb bell limit at the gym, 100 lb)

Single arm row: 7x5-6 (same as above)

Seated French press: 7x5

Barbell curl: 7x5

Extra Back work:

Lat pull machine (Not the cable): Pyramid sets with minimum rest [180 -->260-->210]

Standing Rope Press down: 3-4x15

Incline Super man: 3x10

Lateral super man: 3x10

Reverse Super man: 3x10

blastthru23

Figure I’d write a quick update. Not much to report, however, the RP-21 program I came up with is working rather well. The load on almost every lift is steadily increasing each week though I can’t really say much about dumb bell presses or single arm rows since the weight only goes up to 100. For those lifts I’m increasing reps. Weighted pull ups are the slowest to increase weight, but weighted dips are a whole other story. Bent over barbell rows are going really well, and barbell shrugs are at an all time high. I’m really enjoying this approach quite a bit, and may continue through the better part of summer with it. I love the intensity and the pumps, and sweat! It’s a great time saver given the short rest period leaving time for abs and isolation work. Definitely happy that I ran with this approach. I may switch up some of the compound movements soon, though I don’t foresee a plateau any time soon.

Diet is going well, especially since taking Grizz’s suggestion of utilizing Effrrdings Monster Mash. Big thanks to all of you who chimes in on that thread, saved my ass from unnecessary self inflicted hell.

Also, scoring pretty high on happiness levels lately. Life is going pretty fucking well. Love work, digging the new old truck, my daughter is kicking ass, relationship is taking turns for the better, drinking plenty of water, and the last few interactions with the ex show some progress in the communication department. Looking forward to going down to San Diego for a weekend and a visit to World Gym again, and eating cake by the ocean with my Lady.

Im glad to be part of this crazy little community called MG. You folks really make difference.

blastthru23

The RP-21 program is working well. This week was intense, every body part was sore as hell, especially the back. But the only thing not sore was quads. So, I deviated a little and did a quad day on thursday. Blasted the hell out of quads and hit a PR on leg press at 1485 for 5 reps after pyramiding up from 630. Then I went back down to 450, and at that point I did single leg presses down to 225. Calves went from 630 to 810, and when coming back down I started hitting them again 540. Yesterday, still a bit fatigued, I did biceps and triceps. ALL of the lifted were markedly heavier than in the past while keeping reps in the 8-15 range. The pumps were fantastic! I came into the gym feeling a little drained (working lots of hours lately), but felt awesome at the end of the session. On a side note, I really love the monster mash with smashed chicken, different every time, thanks again Grizz. Scale weight is back up to 209-210. Feeling great :)

SemperFi

Sweet!!!

[[{"fid":"35580","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"Skillet - Monster (Official Video)","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

Staying quite lean thus far, which has been my intent for the most part. About 2 weeks ago, I woke up with a radiating pain from the subscapularis region down my arm and to my forefinger and thumb. Figured it would go away like most “upon waking pains”. Well, it’s still there, and after finally having time to research it, I found the likely culprit is a pinched nerve at C4-C5. The interesting phenomena is that the only lift that causes a flair up is dead’s. All last week I went through my training routines gingerly looking to ascertain what I could or could not do. Seems any lift that works or involves upper traps will be a big no-no for now. I’m looking for a chiropractor or a shiatzu practitioner to fix this. 

I may switch up my training program to moderate loads with moderate volume, while training groups twice weekly, and focus on accessory work as well. About to plan the training week shortly. See where I go with it :)

That im staying lean yet getting stronger tells me that my diet is on target. I’ll just keep trucking with the current plan until mass gain season starts in September.  I’ll admit I’ve been tempted to run a quick test/tren/mast blast, but see absolutely no reason for it.  Doing so would be a waste, and pretty much abusive.