Abdominal hernia recovery

flagcia

Greetings friends of freedom,

today I had surgery to remove an abdominal lipoma, which after opening my belly turned out to be an small hernia (3mm). It's called EPIGASTRIC HERNIA. The tissue that was out was part of a lipid layer that is just after the abdominal muscle wall. Instead of removing, doctor has pushed it into its place and then I have been placed a mesh to close the abdominal wall, finally sew up every tissue for 15 minutes.

Apart from the hernia, I've been dealing with a forearm tendonitis for 2 months. I'll try to fix both.

Doctor (surgeon) told me:

• one month without exercise: no bike, no gym, not even carrying more than 5 kilograms when going to supermarket.

• meds: only painkillers: Nolotil and Paracetamol and Omeprazol just in case I need it. (I will only take Nolotil, not friendly of taking too much meds)

Here I detail my recovery. My hernia was just a few mm length, DO NOT follow my steps/timing. If turning your core some degrees (20-30-40º) or extend it and you feel little pain: STOP, you could break your stitches.

1st day [friday]: had surgery at 11a.m. went home on my feet since I refused sedation. Just took a couple Nolotil caps after arriving and before going to sleep because feared to have huge pain when local anesthesia gone. Didn't take anymore painkillers since that day.

2nd day: pain only when moving or stretching my core but bearable so no painkillers: no Nolotil, no Paracetamol. Did a bit of research and decided that:

1. From today I'll do 250mg/week of Nandrolone Decaonate. Reasons: 1: I still have a forearm tendonitis. 2: it promotes all kind of collagen synthesis, while other anabolics inhibit that. [Note: since I had my tendonitis I have pinned 2 doses of 250 the past two weeks so my serum concentration is high enough. If you start from scratch I'd frontload with 500mg first pin]

2. After removing tomorrow my gauze (leaving only the 'steristrips', will start with IGF-1 and   IGF-2 injected close with all cautions: alcohol etc. (not need to inject close since is IGF-LR3 but will do anyway) while at the same time I'll do 3 daily shots of 200mg of both GHRP-6 and CJC-NODAC. (HGH releasing peptides.) Reason: 'Systemic administration of IGF-I enhances healing in collagenous extracellular matrices: evaluation of loaded and unloaded ligaments.' <> Link to the study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1851714/

3. Finally, I've ordered BPC157 (10mg) and TB-500 (10mg), expecting it in one week. Will do 2 shots of 5mg of each with 4-5 days separation. [custom problems of my source, didn't received during all this 2 weeks so no used.]

3rd day: removed the gaize, just steristrips holding the scar where I have put a bit of Betadine. Area is swollen mostly by liquids: blood, serum.. but not any pus, not any fever (=>not infection) and not any pain except when moving my abs. Will not inject the IGF's there until that inflammation is gone. Dont want to make a multifluid shake in there haha. Can walk, sit and stand up, climb stairs without any pain.

--> First week

4th day [monday]: went to the gym with an abdominal belt. Did back and biceps in all the machines where I could support the chest on the machine cushion. (e.g: https://e47e73936d9bc46ec67d-c5c68a32ab45fa184ec602c2e155bc61.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/images/product/detail/bsgsrm40.jpg) Only felt a bit pain when stretching to reach the weight/handgrip/lever in some machines where there´s a bit distance. [don't tell my mother nor my surgeon PLEASE!!! hahaha]

Since yesterday I'm sleeping with the belt on. It's recommended to make pressure over the injury to avoid "holes" replenish with body fluids, blood, etc.

5th day: similar to day 4: trained legs without any problem. Just machines. (no compounds)

6th day: no gym. My abdominal wall seems almost OK since I can wake up from bed without having to roll haha.

7th day: Trained chest and triceps with machines. Neeeded just help for prevention when lifting heavy in a inclined upper chest machine. Still wearing my belt. On the other hand I still have my tendinitis, maybe isolated exercises are worsening it.

8th day: no gym. Went walking and tried to run 100 meters but a strange pain (like flatus) in the left part of the abs appeared and decided to stop. Will give it another week at least before trying cardio.

9th day[saturday]: Trained shoulders and traps. All OK, even shoulder press machine was confortable just making a bit force to keep abs on their place and not inhaling huge quantity of air.

Picture current day: https://musclegurus.to/member-pics/epigastric-hernia-1-week-post-op.

--> Second week

Did similar routines as first week. Finally on day 14[thursday] I started leg day with squats in the rack machine. Went up to 120kg without any problem. Focused on keeping ribs in their place, abs activated during all the movement and wearing the belt. I still don't dare to do non-guided (free weight) compound exercises but I think I could without a problem.

--> CONCLUSIONS

1.- GHRP and IGF's helped my tendonitis, but any sudden movement like placing back a heavy dumbell worsened it. Finally what helped me the best was doing eccentric exercises as I show in this pic: https://musclegurus.to/member-pics/eccentric-for-forearm-or-biceps-tendonitis It feels like you're worsening it but indeed you're stretching your tendons and increasing blood flow to them.

2.- GHRP and IGF's, as well as Nandrolone helped rebuilding my abdominal muscle wall very fast, so after first week didn't feel any pain and could move freely, even did some static abs planks.

Titanings

I have a friend at the gym who just had hernia surgery as well. He had to take a week off, then went back into the gym with 5 pound weights and started doing tons of reps with super low weight on everything. He has slowly worked his way up to like 20 or 25  pounds after like 5 weeks. He said he honestly feels like he is getting more out of the low weight high rep method than he was before.

So best of luck to you brotha, and look forward to seeing the results :)

flagcia

Thanks Titan! I've just updated what I'm gonna do. Instead of posting a lot I'll add it on the first post.

I expect to be moving weight in 2 weeks maximum, and probably wearing a belt everyday to avoid 'inflating' my abdomen, which I have tendency to do when dealing with high weights. Probably wont do any compound movement until a month passes.

SemperFi

Flagcia,

Just out of curiosity is your personal stats accurate? I ask because you have to be pretty lean at 5'6" (66") and 140lbs but your BF% is listed at 15%.

I would be very cautious with weight training too soon with a soft tissue injury. Soft tissue takes much longer to heal to the point of stability than bone.

I will post up a body weight training regimen in the training section later that may peak your interest.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Here you go Flagcia...

https://musclegurus.to/forum/training-nutrition-and-diet/training/130501-work-out-of-the-day-wod-bodyweight-training

Stay Strong and get well soon. 

SEMPER FI

flagcia

Yeah, I've gained 1,5kg of fat during this cruise; I'm eating a bit more than I should because I am doing my final master project while working at same time and I need my brain all day fueled! ( this was a month ago or so: https://musclegurus.to/member-pics/current-sefie-67kg.)

I'm 1,69meters (67") and currently 71,5kg (157lbs) - sorry but usually I just multiply 70kg x 2 instead of 2,2, that's my mistake.

Hmmm... I thank you for that but my plan is just to use machines, not free weights, trying to imply the core as less as possible and wearing a belt; but anyway it wont be until 2 weeks pass (or 1 depending how I feel) and obviously maintaning my abs in their place all the time, not inflating my guts when inhaling air, not bad posture, back always perfectly leaning agains the wall... (is it right the expression lean against the wall? just translated it but never heard it before)

Thanks SemperFI

SemperFi

Ok. Now I remember seeing that photo. Machines make perfect sense. Thanks for sharing.

SEMPER FI

flagcia

With this last update, even if my tendonitis isn't completely recovered, I end this thread. Any question is welcome ;)