Acne on trt

CarrotJuice

So I’m about a year in and am experiencing symptoms of acne on my face. I take between 100mg-200mg test C a week. Any advice on control would be good.

Aussie

50mg of zinc a week is good to keep E2 under control. I started taking 25mg 3 years ago and my back acne disappeared

mountsinai.org/health-library/supplement/zinc

Last edited by a moderator:

JesseTX

I've been taking zinc at 50 mgs each day for a couple of weeks now...sometimes I miss a day but for the most part I'm consistent.
I have noticed it has cleared some but I still get some new breakouts and I haven't completely cleared.
People have different bodies that respond differently to treatments...so I plan to keep taking the zinc. It's just taking a bit longer to clear me up than it has you.

Aussie

I've been taking zinc at 50 mgs each day for a couple of weeks now...sometimes I miss a day but for the most part I'm consistent.
I have noticed it has cleared some but I still get some new breakouts and I haven't completely cleared.
People have different bodies that respond differently to treatments...so I plan to keep taking the zinc. It's just taking a bit longer to clear me up than it has you.
I seen people taking 75mg a week to help keep E2 under control. Possibly you need more. I only take 25mg. Was on 50 mg and I had a lot of shoulder pain. My guess is low E2. Dropped back to 25mg a day and my shoulder pain stoped.

JesseTX

I seen people taking 75mg a week to help keep E2 under control. Possibly you need more. I only take 25mg. Was on 50 mg and I had a lot of shoulder pain. My guess is low E2. Dropped back to 25mg a day and my shoulder pain stoped.
What is E2?