Alcohol use and Steroids

MRFIXIT

I had a few drinks for the first time in a long time the other nigh and wanted to put this out there. Personally i think using alcohol and steroids is a BIG no no ! I would love to hear if anyone drinks, why they drink on AAS and do you think its detrimental to your progress? Any thought and opinions would be appreciated.. I know my views on this subject but wanted to know everyone elses opinions

R

ruxgear

MRFIXIT,

Although I am new here I would offer the opinion that drinking while doing any serious training (natty or AAS) is detrimental to progress. I do not want to sound preachy but alcohol consumption has zero benefit to the human body. Alcohol is pure sugar and causes crazy things to happen in the body. By looking at your picture you are doing a LOT right so I am probably preaching to the choir.

BTW- I break my own rules a have a cocktail on occasion but usually only in a social setting.

malthouse5656

Also new here but I would have to agree with you both, I do not drink at all, but nothing good comes from it. As ruxgear said above its pure sugar and that converts to fat. Just my 2 cents. Also doing my first cycle now and i wouldn't put anything i wasn't sure was safe In my body while experimenting with AAS.

ramdisck

You'll probably find that the majority of us here don't touch it.  I myself drank enough for my lifetime in my 20's. I still walk a fine line with addiction and AAS.  It's easier to justify if I'm doing everything i can to be healthy and improve my life.

still a fine line, and I'm the first to remind myself of that.

Dolf

Alcohol interferes with revovery, protein synthesis, hydration, and nutrient intake. Not good if you're an athlete or bodybuilder of any type. Not to mention more undue stress on the liver if you're currently taking a c17 oral.

Thaistick

I drank more before I was 21 than I ever did after. Drunks really irritate me so I stay away from them and therefore alcohol. As far as training, recovery, etc drinking can certainly interfere with that. And nobody should ever drink if they are on an oral steroid. I bet more people use opiate painkillers that contain acetaminophen while on cycle than drink alcohol heavily. But I don't want to drag this off-topic. 

Outlawthing

I might have a drink every blue moon it just makes me feel crappy and dehydrated  no nutrients at all   combining with aas prob doesn't help your bodies stress level  I got too much to do  for all that mess 

Anabol-Steroids

Not sure if you're saying you're sober but if you are, congratulations on that, I'd say that is one of the most impressive things a person can do.  As for being on AAS I agree, at least you are more focused on your health than 90% of other people are in their day to day lives.  Definitely makes it easier to justify whether or not it's right

Anabol-Steroids

I'll openly admit that I will have drinks but would NEVER do it if I was using any C17 oral...no freakin way!  Not saying it's right but it's my own choice and I would never recommend it to anyone else, BUT, I absolutely do try to keep it to a minimal because I'd say my biggest issue is the stupid shite I'm doing to myself during and after that drunken night...lack of sleep, dehydration, eating shi**y food because you just don't give a damn at the time, not having the energy to hit the gym the next day because I'm lethargic, etc., and to me that is the most dangerous part of it.  The danger of taking me out of my routine that I worked so hard to get to in the first place.  My two cents

Anabol-Steroids

WTF?  how did i wind up being the last person to comment on this??  I was honest!   Nobody is here to judge...we just want to hear the truth (myself included). 

I LOVE to drink, so I struggle all the time.  Someone share about how they do or don't deal with this problem...NO JUDGEMENTS (at least I fucking hope not) will happen because this ain't the right forum to judge someone's opinion or way of life. Just sayin...

F

Frankie-knuckels

I got your back ...lol......!!! I too like to drink and did so with much frequency I have an alter ego called Saturday Night Frankie that used to make his appearances on Saturdays on this forum. But luckily SAT NIGHT FRANKIE has been locked up in a cage for a while now and with good reason. But I still do have my drinks from time to time but with much less frequency and intensity....you know what I mean..!! But for some reason now I can't stand the way I feel the next day which is like total shit..Don't get me wrong I'm no angel i was the guy that fell asleep with one and woke up with another in hand ready to start the day all over again..I have slowly tapered off on my drinking to the point I am now and I feel great especially when I wake up ready to kick ass and not dragging ass. I didn't get help in the traditional way just slowly realized it wasn't doing me any good if  i continued on that path I was going to continue going nowhere fast..SHIT when I finally get everything in order with my license I won't be able to drink at all because I'll have an interlock system installed in order to get the car started. THE THIRD TIME IS THE HAT TRICK I could lose my license for 10 years and six months in jail if i take it there my friend. I'll have drink only on vacations or plan that shit 3 months in advance..lol.....!!!!! well that's a bit of insight as to where i come from ...hope that helps

F

Frankie-knuckels

I got your back ...lol......!!! I too like to drink and did so with much frequency I have an alter ego called Saturday Night Frankie that used to make his appearances on Saturdays on this forum. But luckily SAT NIGHT FRANKIE has been locked up in a cage for a while now and with good reason. But I still do have my drinks from time to time but with much less frequency and intensity....you know what I mean..!! But for some reason now I can't stand the way I feel the next day which is like total shit..Don't get me wrong I'm no angel i was the guy that fell asleep with one and woke up with another in hand ready to start the day all over again..I have slowly tapered off on my drinking to the point I am now and I feel great especially when I wake up ready to kick ass and not dragging ass. I didn't get help in the traditional way just slowly realized it wasn't doing me any good if  i continued on that path I was going to continue going nowhere fast..SHIT when I finally get everything in order with my license I won't be able to drink at all because I'll have an interlock system installed in order to get the car started. THE THIRD TIME IS THE HAT TRICK I could lose my license for 10 years and six months in jail if i take it there my friend. I'll have drink only on vacations or plan that shit 3 months in advance..lol.....!!!!! well that's a bit of insight as to where i come from ...hope that helps

Anabol-Steroids

Great honesty brother, that was exactly what i was looking for.  I think sometimes people on these sites get too scared to be judged so they transform their answers to what they think is what people wanna hear.  F**k that...let's hear real talk and see if we can give each other some REAL help.

Keep Saturday Night Frankie in check brother!  He sounds like trouble! lol

M

Mister A

Drinking while on a C-17 Oral is fucking crazy. We live in a toxic world and its best to minimize the toxicity we face on a daily basis. Its impossible to be free of all toxicity - even if you live on a remote island in Fiji - there is too much mercury in our atmosphere now. I read a book called Achieving Victory Over a Toxic World by Mark Shauss. Eye opening. Dont read it if you prefer to not know the truth about our world. But in it he talks about toxicity being a loaded gun and we have to do what we can to keep the barrel close to empty (itll never be empty), and drinking while doing orals is like playing Russian Roulette with 6 bullets in the chamber!

When alcohol is introduced your body stops doing everything else not vital to survival to get rid of the alcohol. You cannot drink and make gains. You cannot drink and get lean. If youre on AAS it should mean youre trying to maximize your gains. Drinking is the antithesis of that so youre better off saving your money or giving your gear to me. I promise Ill make gains.

I drink from July 4th to Labor Day once or twice a week. This is my off cycle time. I like Devotion Vodka. Its gluten free. Sugar free. Infused with casein protein. And the tiki tea flavor tastes like fucking iced tea. Were almost there boys!