Alligator Jambalaya:

1 stick butter
1 large onion
1 bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chicken broth or bone broth
1 cup rice
1 1/2 lb. alligator fillets

Saute onions, bell pepper and mushrooms in a rice cooker with butter. Add alligator meat and cook 30 minutes. Add chicken broth and rice, stir. Cover and cook until rice cooker kicks off. Allow mixture to sit a few minutes before serving. 

SEMPER FI

Dolf

I love gator! Gator Etouffee and Gator Sauce Piquant are delicious too! You can also do these dishes with crawfish or shrimp as well.

SemperFi

Étouffée, Jambalaya and Boudin..... Some of the best grub on the planet. There is good étouffée and there is great étouffée. It's all in the roux. 

I prefer crawfish jambalaya & étouffée but gator is certainly a great variant.

Miss the old style crab boils! :(

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

I was doing my best not to open this thread for the mere title made my stomach growl! Well, I opened it, and doing such has just made me crave this jambalaya!!! I loves me some good hearty jambalaya.... Grrrrrhhhggg goes the stomach. I gotta get outta here quick!

Mleblanc

Me and the lady were talking about how when we were kids and crabbing in cameron, rockafeller refudge. We get there before sun came up. The whole family would crab, catch our limits and come home and throw a huge crab boil in the back yard.  Some of the bezt times of my life. 

Mleblanc

Me and the lady were talking about how when we were kids and crabbing in cameron, rockafeller refudge. We get there before sun came up. The whole family would crab, catch our limits and come home and throw a huge crab boil in the back yard.  Some of the bezt times of my life.