Alright I just gotta ask this

• Thread starter Deleted member 45086
  • Start date

dohcsvt

Diesel mechanic/technician only because all trucks are computer controlled now. Haven’t used a sick day since I don’t know when. Not many younger people want to learn my trade and it’s kinda sad. Construction ,electrical work and fabrication of steel , I could go on and on . Never needed anyone to help me do much. Like fixing or making anything. My mind is always thinking about making it better or finding a way to fix it quicker so I can fit more work into my day.

Some older people we have a worth a shit and complaining they don’t make enough money.
I always worked above my pay grade and asked for raises and got them. Work hard don’t look back and you will be successful. Young or old your either worth a shit or your not.
Currently work in a shipyard, welders, pipe fitters, machinists… I work with them all… and was a diesel mechanic MANY moons ago. The younger generation seems to be too interested in instant gratification. Guys here less than a year are talking about being a supervisor. Granted, the work isn’t easy and being in the bowels of a ship in 90plus degree heat with 80% plus humidity sucks, but they get paid well…. Yet they still complain and want to move up before they even know what their damn primary job is. It blows my mind sometimes.🤷‍♂️

Pedrito0906

Currently work in a shipyard, welders, pipe fitters, machinists… I work with them all… and was a diesel mechanic MANY moons ago. The younger generation seems to be too interested in instant gratification. Guys here less than a year are talking about being a supervisor. Granted, the work isn’t easy and being in the bowels of a ship in 90plus degree heat with 80% plus humidity sucks, but they get paid well…. Yet they still complain and want to move up before they even know what their damn primary job is. It blows my mind sometimes.🤷‍♂️

Hey, stop it you're hurting my feelings, stop with those jokes or Imma take you to HR, is that how they act? I know I'm 32 and that has happened to me with all those pussillanimous

dohcsvt

Hey, stop it you're hurting my feelings, stop with those jokes or Imma take you to HR, is that how they act? I know I'm 32 and that has happened to me with all those pussillanimous
Actually, I did have one guy try to get me reprimanded for waste fraud and abuse because I was “making him work too much OT” … let’s just say that when Uncle Sam wants his aircraft carrier back, he doesn’t care how much OT my group puts in.

When shit hits the fan, the first words out of the presidents mouth is always “where are the carriers?”

If he ever asks “where’s the boomers?” … well just stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye😳🤣🤣🤣

rosoo

Actually, I did have one guy try to get me reprimanded for waste fraud and abuse because I was “making him work too much OT” … let’s just say that when Uncle Sam wants his aircraft carrier back, he doesn’t care how much OT my group puts in.

When shit hits the fan, the first words out of the presidents mouth is always “where are the carriers?”

If he ever asks “where’s the boomers?” … well just stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye😳🤣🤣🤣
Out of curiosity, I remember OT is being compensated in the states right?

You can share with them in my country if your salary is above MYR2000 (USD 500) per month, when there is work you can't finished, you need to work and no OT will be compensated.

dohcsvt

Out of curiosity, I remember OT is being compensated in the states right?

You can share with them in my country if your salary is above MYR2000 (USD 500) per month, when there is work you can't finished, you need to work and no OT will be compensated.
OT comes into play with respect to whether you are paid hourly or salaried. There are a lot of rules and regs associated with it, but where I work, almost everyone makes OT. Anything over 8 hours a day at my job will be OT, and it is paid 1.5 times your normal hourly salary.

rosoo

OT comes into play with respect to whether you are paid hourly or salaried. There are a lot of rules and regs associated with it, but where I work, almost everyone makes OT. Anything over 8 hours a day at my job will be OT, and it is paid 1.5 times your normal hourly salary.
Oh cool, at least people get compensated extra for their extra hours, averagely we work 10-12hours daily here with just a normal salary

bobby ricky

I’m salary and work ten hours per day and no extra pay for over 8 hours. They can work me 12 hrs and no extra.

dohcsvt

I’m salary and work ten hours per day and no extra pay for over 8 hours. They can work me 12 hrs and no extra.
That sucks!

Since I am management so I don’t get OT per say, but they pay me my hourly rate for every hour that I work. Which is good, because I have worked 1000 hour OT years and I would not be doing that for free.

Last edited: