Anavar

BobbyO190

Just started a cycle with Test and Anavar. (600mg Test C weekly and 80mg Var daily)

I have some new questions on Anavar and hopefully they may help someone else down the road.

If Var has a half life of just 9 hours how do you handle your dosage? All at once or spread throughout the day?  For example I am taking 8 10mg pills daily.  Should I take 2 pills every few hours? All 8 just before workout?  Some other variation? 

What about days I know I am not going to be able to work out? Should I not waste the drug and skip taking the pills on those days or is it important to keep my body used to the dosage?

What about acne? I have some bizarre acne popping up and I never have that reaction. (small cluster of like 80+ tiny zits in a space the size of two fingers in the middle of my back).

Hunger? I have never been so hungry in my life - which is interesting as I am taking Var as a cutting goal and thus on a low calorie diet which makes it even tougher.

Or are these side not related to Var at all or unique to my chemistry?

Dosage advice is my main goal by the way but I figured why not ask everything.

Dolf

I take my var in 3 doses per day to keep bloods as stable as possible.

Yes take the var on non workout days. The goal is to keep you blood levels as stable as possible.

If you just started your cycle I'm not sure why you'd be getting acne. If you are not naturally prone to acne then on cycle acne is a sign of elevated e2, but just starting your cycle that shouldn't be the case.

I can't say whether var does or does not make me hungry, but my wife says it makes her want to eat constantly. 

BobbyO190

As always thanks Dolf. Huge help and who knows, maybe the acne is a weird side effect for just little ole me :)

I will start to split the dose and take on non workout days. That was my huge question so thank you again for the advice!

SemperFi

X2 and +3... to Dolf for the information and Bobby for asking the questions. ;)

In my experience blood level stability is key in maximizing the benefits of var.

Anavar increased my hunger on every occasion I cycled with it. Not a huge amount but enough that I needed to focus on including negative calorie foods to maintain my cut.

Zits.. Could it be hives? Try taking an antihistamine several times a day if it is possibly hives.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

Negative calorie foods are foods that can require more calories to digest than what they contain or are very low calorie per serving-

https://musclegurus.to/forum/womens-area/female-weight-loss/136750-using-negative-calorie-foods

Let us know if the symptoms are relieved or improved with the antihistamine.

SEMPER FI

BobbyO190

OK not a rash.  It's Shingles.

Seems that shingles can be brought on from use of certain steroids.  So, my new cycle caused my latent virus shingles to break out.

What I can't find is what to do about it.  Do I quit my cycle immediately ?   Do I 'power though' and work from the concept that the damage is already done and the Test and Var will help more than hurt at this stage?

If the virus is feeding off the Var then I need to quit right away.  But I don't think that's the case, I think it was just triggered by the imbalance caused by going on cycle maybe too fast.   So once triggered does it go away when the trigger is removed or is it going to run it's course anyway and blah blah blah....

Anyone have any experience and/or advice?

SemperFi

Thanks for the update Bobby. I had chickenpox as a teenager and fortunately have never had a shingles outbreak.... knock on wood. Man I wish I had some advice for you because I know an outbreak can be painful and uncomfortable. I am sorry for the outbreak and hope it goes away soon.

SEMPER FI

BobbyO190

I decided to just push through. Doctor gave me an anti-viral that will help but mostly it's just a matter of letting it settle down. I will try to remember to mention how it all worked out just in case it ever assist anyone else.

In hindsight I should have ramped up the test and var slowly so as not to exacerbate the virus but I honestly didn't know that a hormone 'jump' could cause the virus to go active.   Live and learn. Thanks for the kind thoughts though!

SemperFi

On a different note... Nice work making Silver Bobby.. Well deserved. Now you can hand out Karma to deserving posts.

SEMPER FI

BobbyO190

How cool is that. Thanks Semper Fi !   Question....how exactly does one go about doing that?

FYI: Anti viral (and time) are working. Quit spreading two days ago and is starting to heal. Workouts were limited, lot of pain with shingles as well as agitation of the rash when sweating through a workout BUT I still got something in everyday and hit a new high for curls that was a goal prior to illness so that's cool. For what it's worth to anyone who ever reads this; if you have had shingles before - major hormone shifts agitate the virus so ramp up your cycle slowly instead of jumping in full boar like I did with the Anavar. I think I would have mitigated it if I hade built up over a few weeks.

THanks everyone for the advice and help, especially SF

Zewi

Is that your whole cycle? there is nothing else like TEST P at the start and finish?

How long are you doing this cycle? If your doing lets say 12 weeks. I would start my Var until week 11 and do 75mg a day min.. split in 25mg every 8 hrs. and run it out for 4-6 weeks. Anavar does not convert to estrogen so id strt in week 11 and end in week 17.. You will end up harder at the end, and get the full benefit without doing it through the whole cycle. 

BobbyO190

Nope that's it. And your advice is close to what I am doing. Can't say I am too excited about the results so far BUT it's early and the 'shingles' kicked my butt for a while. I have high hopes for the second half. Thanks for the advice.

BobbyO190

Not sure where this should be posted but I guess this is as good a place as any.

I wanted to share my VAR experience. Just finished the cycle yesterday. Two more weeks of high Test E and then back to TRT for a few months.

My experience with VAR was NOT what I expected. Still extremely happy but not what I was expecting at all. My goal was to 'cut'. I hoped to finally take that last 20 lbs of belly fat. I did the opposite.  

First I began cycle ten pounds heavy from the holidays (that's my excuse and I am sticking with it). So ultimately I hoped to lose 22lbs during cycle.

Instead I put on ten pounds. As you can see by the photos I added, if you want to bother looking, I feel most of the weight gain was muscle. I am sure some is fat but honestly not too much of it.

Biggest strength gains I have ever experienced and solid size gains. Chest, Shoulders, Back, all are larger. Best growth was biceps - got to 17" pre workout and damn near 18" post workout. For me that is outstanding!

Negatives: I have never been so hungry in my life. Seriously, I was famished!  Other negative, the VAR was extremely hard on my skin! Began with a major breakout of shingles, once that healed my skin stayed dry as all get out BUT on the positive my pigment improved greatly. Some discolorations from age are gone and that is pretty cool!

Who knew Anavar affected skin so much.

So on the positive. Great strength gains - went up over 10% on every lift! Huge for two months.  Size gains were excellent.

For me the negative was zero fat loss and gained weight versus lost and that was on a avg daily diet of less than 2,000 calories - seriously. I would have said it's impossible.

So I know every compound works a bit differently on every person. I am extremely happy but I don't know that I would overly recommend VAR but I definitely wouldn't discourage it's use.

Oh, one final tidbit. I found that I needed 100mg a day. So I took 60mg on off days and 100mg on workout days and that seemed to work very well for me...for what that is worth.

I welcome comments or advice and thanks.

JdDaniel01

I don’t know the specifics of your Diet, and everyone is different, but the simple explanation for you putting on weight and not “cutting” is that you werenot in a caloric deficit. You stated that you were always starving which leads me to believe that your caloric deficit was t large enough. have you calculated your bmr(basal metabolic rate)? youve got to go off that and subtract the necessary Cals for the desired result. Like I said bro, I don’t know the specifics of your diet, but that’s what jumps out at me from reading your post. If you took var while you were already into your cycle, their is no reason that you would suddenly gain water weight. That’s pretty much the only way you would suddenly gain other than Cals

JdDaniel01

Also, there’s no cycle for the average joe that’s make you lose 20+ pounds. The most hardcore tren cycle isn’t going to do that for you. You could run tren/var/mast take clenbuterol and do cardio for an hour everyday and you’re not going to lose anywhere close to that if you’re not in the proper deficit

BobbyO190

Thanks JD.

I don't know what bmr is so I probably need to research that.

As a rule I can lose 20-30lbs in a month if I focus. Without any AAS. Honestly I find it easier without meds!!!

Losing weight is just diet and exercise.   Now to diet. Not the best but an average day:

6am Coffee and cream. Cup of berries. Protien 'shake' two scoops.

10:30am Chicken breast, or 'energy' bar, or protein shake (depends on availability and where I am)

1pm  Same as before

4pm Pre workout, protein shake with creatin and glutamine.

4:30-6pm workout and two scoops of BCAA during workout

6:30pm dinner....varies but usually a pound of meat and a vegetable.

7:30 Dip of skoal and tv time. HA! 

That's it and I should have been a weight loss. Water weight isn't the issue. Must have cheated more than I expected. And feel free to be brutal and share ideas on fixing diet. I am always willing to improve!!!

JdDaniel01

Not trying to be brutal in any way brother. If you can lose that much weight, then you dont need any diet advice from anyone. I’m by no means a diet guru, I just know what works for me. My main point with my post was only that var is t usually known for rapid weight loss, I think I just took a roundabout way about it...

BobbyO190

I can do it...I just lose a lot of muscle with it. My best was 38 pounds in 26 days.

I have only done that five times in my life though and trust me it's mostly water weight. I will gain back half that weight in a weekend.

So at one level I am full of shit as I lose weight like a wrestler....non-sustainable.  Sustainable weight loss is even more difficult that sustainable muscle gains for me. Thus I will always listen to anyones advice!!!! 

Still, new goal for May June 'start of off cycle' - actually will be 200mg week Test E TRT.

I am going to try to cut lifting to three days a week but do an hour or more of cardio six days a week.

Goal is to keep at least 95% of strength gains. Accept loss of mass. And achieve a 30lb weight loss by July 4th and get down to 170 for the first time since I was 17.  Haven't finalized diet yet but I will have to be ZERO cheat days and very disciplined with it. If you have a diet plan you like please share...I would love to steal parts of it.

As always thanks JD. I always appreciate and value your thoughts and input!

JdDaniel01

You should get with Semp. He is my diet guru. He has forgotten more than I will ever know on dieting. He is a strict advocate for keto, but it’s not for everyone. Just wanted to clarify and make sure you didn’t think I was busting your balls. I find that if I lose more than around 2 pounds a week, I start losing beef with it...