Anti-Aging Peptides

SemperFi

Here are is some information concerning the potential benefits of small peptides and the effects that they may have on aging. Two in particular are very interesting - Epithalon and Thymalin. DSIP is another peptide that shows promise. The commonality is that each of these interact with the pineal gland. 

If anti-aging and longevity are of interest to you then I hope you find this information beneficial for your research. I considered breaking the information down in a single easy to read post and quickly gave up.... my own opinions were getting in my way. Take the information for what it might be worth. ;)

PDF icon Effects of thymalin and α-tocopherol on morphofunctional state of neuroendocrine system at the early stages of atherogenesis.pdf

PDF icon Peptide bioregulation of aging- results and prospects.pdf

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

More...

[[{"fid":"36612","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"class":"file media-element file-default"},"link_text":"Peptides of pineal gland and thymus prolong Human Life.pdf"}]]

SemperFi

.....and question everything. ;)

Article source World Scientific Press - Open Source Material

Epitalon’s primary role is to increase the natural production of telomerase, a natural enzyme that helps cells reproduce telomeres, which are the protective parts of our DNA. This allows the replication of our DNA so the body can grow new cells and rejuvenate old ones.

Younger people produce a relatively large amount of telomerase and longer telomeres. The longer the telomere strands are, the better cell health and replication they provide. However, as people age, the production of telomerase falls and consequently cell replication and health decline. This is the main reason that people age.

Numerous studies have shown the importance of telomerase production and telomere rejuvenation in fighting the symptoms of aging. In one such study conducted on 913 pairs of twins, the twin with stronger telomerase production looked younger and had better health than his/her twin counterpart. In another study of 38 people who were 100 years or older, the healthiest participants had the strongest and longest telomeres.

As epitalon has been shown to increase the production of telomerase which in turn strengthens and lengthens telomeres, this means that epitalon can play a vital role in decreasing the aging process and thus extending human longevity.

This breakthrough discovery in understanding telomerase production shows that epitalon is the only known substance to increase telomerase production and telomere strand length, which are primary factors in fighting aging.

Epitalon – The benefits

As a result of epitalon’s effect on telomerase production, the benefits are unique and far-reaching. Benefits of epitalon include: Increase of human lifespan, Significant boosting of energy levels, Promotion of deeper sleep, Delay and prevention of age-related diseases such as cancer, heart disease and dementia, Improvement of skin health and appearance, Healing of injured and deteriorating muscle cells

The range of benefits that epitalon provides are immense and cannot be squeezed into a single article, but the following will indicate what research so far has shown epitalon can do. If there is one particular benefit of epitalon, it is that epitalon lets us live longer and healthier.

Epitalon – A cancer-preventing peptide

Cancer comes in the form of malignant tumors. Epitalon has been shown to inhibit the growth of cancerous tumors, enabling a longer and healthier life in the future.

Epitalon fights cancer by preventing the occurrence of early-stage tumors. This can be explained by looking at the link between the human pineal gland and cancer. The pineal gland secretes a pineal hormone called melatonin, which is responsible for sleep patterns and numerous other functions. According to studies, there is an inverse relationship between melatonin secretion and malignant tumor growth, and epitalon has been found to activate melatonin secretion and therefore prevent cancer in its initial stages. Specifically, epitalon decalcifies and stimulates the pineal gland, enabling it to increase production of melatonin and prevent the growth of malignant tumors.

Epitalon – Promoting normal deep sleep patterns

Epitalon stimulates production of melatonin through its action on the pineal gland, and this is why people taking epitalon have reported better sleep patterns and increased deep sleep, which is essential for the body to repair itself and strengthen the immune system.

Epitalon – A powerful antioxidant

Research has shown that epitalon is a powerful antioxidant that eliminates oxygen-free radicals responsible for damaging and killing cells. This process, known as oxidative stress, is the root cause of a wide variety of age-related diseases. It is important to note that the human lifespan is inversely related to the number of oxygen-free radicals in the human body, and epitalon is responsible for slowing down and killing these killer radicals. Since free radicals are the main source of degenerative diseases, eliminating them prevents diseases such as cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, muscle and joint pain, heart disease, and more.

Epitalon – Increasing human lifespan

The unique makeup of humans is determined by our DNA strands. On the tip of each DNA strand are telomeres, which prevent the loss of vital genetic information that happens each time a cell divides. Every time a cell divides, the telomeres get shorter. The more frequent the cell division, the shorter telomeres become, until they become too short, preventing further cell division, growth, and rejuvenation. Numerous studies have shown that the shortening of telomeres is linked to age-related diseases and is a good predictor of early death.

However, there is an enzyme produced naturally in our body called telomerase (not to be confused with ‘telomeres’) which reverses the process of telomere shortening and degradation. Unfortunately our telomerase production declines significantly as we age.

So, when telomerase production is reactivated, cells can exceed their time limit and continue to divide in a healthy manner, allowing us to live longer. This is exactly what epitalon does. It reactivates the production of telomerase which in turn strengthens and elongates the telomeres in our cell’s DNA strands. This decreases cell death and degeneration, extending the lifespan of our cells and preventing a plethora of age-related diseases.

Early research into epitalon found that people who took epitalon had about a 25% longer life than their non-epitalon counterparts. These early studies triggered further studies which corroborated the initial findings. One of these studies reported that epitalon increased the lifespan of elderly and senile individuals by an incredible 50%.

Epitalon – Allowing a longer, healthier life

Through its stimulating action on telomerase production and the pineal gland, epitalon plays an important role in inhibiting cancerous tumor growth, increasing the effectiveness of deep sleep, preventing a wide variety of age-related diseases through its elimination of free radicals, and, most importantly, increasing human lifespan. In addition to all of this, it also promotes improved skin health and gives joint and muscle pain relief, the latter being a very common symptom of aging.

References

1. Anisimov, V.N., Khavinson, V.K. (2009). The use of peptide bioregulators for cancer prevention: results of 35 years of research experience and perspectives. Voprosy Onkologii[Russia]. 55(3):291-304.

2. Bartsch, C. & Bartsch, H. (2000). Pineal gland and cancer – An epigenetic approach to the control of malignancy: Evaluation of the role of melatoninMadame Curie Bioscience Database [Internet]. Austin (TX): Landes Bioscience; 2000-. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK6233/

3. Christensen, K., Thinggaarda, M., McGue, M., Rexbye, H., Hjelmborg, J.B., Aviv, A., … Vaupel, J.W. (2009). Perceived age as clinically useful biomarker of ageing: cohort study. Bio Medical Journal (online). 339:b5262. Retrieved from: http://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/339/bmj.b5262.full.pdf

4. Dilman, V. M., Dean, W., Fowkes, S. W., & Dilman, V. M. (1992). The neuroendocrine theory of aging and degenerative disease. Pensacola, FL: Center for Bio-Gerontology.

5. Khavinson., V.K. (2002). Peptides and ageing. Neuroendocrinology Letters [ special issue]. p. 144.

6. Khavinson, V.K., Bondarev, E., Butyugov, A.A. (2003). Epithalon peptide induces telomerase activity and telomere elongation in human somatic cellsBulleting of Experimental Builogy and Medicine. 135(6): 590-592. Retrieved from: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A%3A1025493705728

7. Khavinson, V.K., & Morozov, V. (2003). Peptides of pineal gland and thymus prolong human life. Neuroendocrinology Letters. 24:233-240.

8. Korkushko, O.V., Khavinson, V.K., Shatilo, V.B., Magdich, L.V. (2004). Effect of peptide preparation epithalamin on circadian rhythm on epiphyseal melatonin-producing function in elderly peopleBulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine [Russia]. 137(4): 127-146.

9. Kossoy, G., Anisimov, V.N., Ben-Hur, H., Kossoy, N., Zusman, I. (2006). Effect of the synthetic pineal peptide epitalon on spontaneous carcinogenesis in femal C3H/He miceIn Vivo. 20(2):253-257.

10. Labunets., I.F., Butenko, G.M., Magdich, L.V., Korkushko, O.V., Khavinson, V.K., Shatilo, V.B. (2004). Effect of epithalamin on circadian relationship between the endocrine function of the thymus and melatonin-producing function of the pineal gland in elderly peopleBulletin of Experimental and Biological Medicine [Russia]. 137(5):617-619.

11. Terry, D.F., Nolan, V.G., Andersen, S.L., Perls, T.T., Cawthon, R. (2008). Association of longer telomeres with better health in centenariansThe Journals of Gerontology Series A, Biological and Medical Sciences. 63(8): 809-812.

12. Vanhee, C., Moens, G., Van Hoeck, E., Deconinck, E., De Beer, J.O. (2014). Identification of the small research tetra peptide epitalon, assumed to be a potential treatment for cancer, old age and retinitis pigmentosa in two illegal pharmaceutical preparationsDrug Testing & Analysis. 7(3):259-264. doi: 10.1002/dta.1771

Vinogradova, I.A., Bukalev, A.V., Zabezhinski, M.A., Semenchenko, A.V., Khavinson, V.K., Anisimov, V.N. (2007). Effect of Ala-Glu-Asp-Gly peptide on life span and development of spontaneous tumors in female rats exposed to different illumination regimesBulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine. 144(6):825-830.

blastthru23

You mentioned DSIP above, so I wiki'd it. It does show promise for sure. I'll have to read the articles when I'm on a computer later. Here's the wiki link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_sleep-inducing_peptide

Good work SemperFi

I would like to include my personal protocol . 

Epitalon and Thymulin 10mg each daily for 10 consecutive days administered subq.  This is done every 6 months and will continue hopefully well into old age. The clinical data is much to compelling in my opinion not to use these peptides. 

SemperFi

Personal experience is EVERYTHING!

I know from my own research that actual noticeable physical results may be difficult to gauge but I have to ask a few questions because I do not know anyone personally that have used these two peptides..

1. How long have you personally been using this protocol?

2. Can you describe your experience?

3. Have you noticed any physical changes/improvements? 

4. How easy is the peptide(s) to synthesize?

5. Are "fake" peptides prevalent for Epitalon and Thymulin?

Any information from your own personal experience or observations would be great.

SEMPER FI

I have been using this protocol for two years April will be my 4th time using these peptides. My experience has been uneventful and it seems that these products are well tolerated. I have not noticed any physical changes although in the last two years I have not caught a cold or the flu and I attribute this to the strong effect Thymulin has on the immune system. Also I like to think I am ageing well, I have lots of energy and physically look young for my age. That being said the only true way to tell if Epitalon is working would be to have your telomers measured before and after. #4 The creation of peptides increases with the complexity of the peptide. Most labs use a automated solid-phase synthesizer for peptide creation this works good but more important is the purification this should be done with Reverse-Phase Chromatography to make sure all impurities are removed. As long as your peptides have been tested at 95% using 210-220nm wavelength there will be no problems for use in-vivo studies This 95% purity Is also called "receptor grade" 

#5   I have no personal experience with "fake" peptides.  As with anything, there are some people that will try to take advantage just have to be smart. I may in the near future do a write up or a Blog article on what to look for when purchasing peptides.

SemperFi

Thank you for your input and informative information. I will keep going down this rabbit hole and see how far it goes into Wonderland.

Have you experienced improved sleep patterns while on Epitalon? Healthy sleep patterns and deep sleep promotes release of hGH which would be beneficial to most of us.

SEMPER FI

Your welcome  I am happy to share my experience or knowledge of anti-aging therapy or Peptides and I hope it is beneficial to the community.

Yes, I have noticed an improvement in sleep while taking Epitalon. Mostly length and depth of sleep e.g. less movement, longer sleep, less waking up. No noticeable changes in dreams. These effects usually manifest around 48-72 hrs after starting therapy and continue for up 2 weeks after discontinuance. 

SemperFi

For consideration....

Trensomnia and Epitalon... I am wondering if timing an epitalon cycle with a tren blast would mitigate the insomnia effects of tren? Since Epi stimulates the natural production of melatonin and melatonin helps deep sleep?? How about the increased benefits of restful sleep on cycle results??? Rest and a proper circadian rhythm makes for better results, right????

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

What was your cycle protocol and length? i.e.. tren dosage, epi dosage, timing, etc.

Thanks in advance.

SEMPER FI

S

supps

It never helped me while on tren, not even a little bit... I started using it after a cycle because it is supposed to Normalize Gonadotropic hormone levels (FSG, LG, Prolactin, Etc... And it may have helped me with that when i first started cycling,But it does not work now because im Shut down

S

supps

800mgs Wk Test enth 750mgs tren wk  Starting at wk 6 I started taking Epitlon @ 5mgs daily I have heard people take as much a 9 mgs...  If reconstituted it should be stored at 4 Celcius between 2 to 21 days and @ -18 Celcius for use later... I did it Subq  but you can do muscle as well... Its supposed to be like HGH in some aspects, but i didnt see it... I did it for 5 weeks on a total 16 week cycle 1 week on 1 week off... I may not have givin it enough time but i saw nothing so I discontinued...

ESmetalhead

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.  My little bit of experimenting with peptides hasn't been fruitful so I appreciate you being here sharing what you know with us all

SemperFi

Thanks again for sharing. I am attempting to collect as much personal experience on these two peptides as I can. Relying on the general information posted on the internet is rarely a solid source for information and input like this is helpful.

SEMPER FI

The sleeping benefits that I have noticed from Epitalon and DSIP could be summed up as slightly beneficial comparable to 5mg of Melatonin or a low dose benzodiazepine like Ativan. So I do not think this would be a optimal drug for to treat sleep impairment from Tren more like just a beneficial side effect

SemperFi

Thanks for sharing. I was curious if it was even closely as effective as hGH. I sleep rock solid without disruption when on GH. Even when I used to run tren ..... but that's a much different discussion. ;)

SEMPER FI