Any Thoughts on

M

Mister A

I'm not against broscience. I think it is simply anecdotal evidence. The issue with it is when people hear it, don't do their own follow up research on it, and accept it as canon. Angling of the toes is one example of this.

Next time someone makes a suggestion on how to train your legs ask them what the muscles of the quadriceps complex are. I would be surprised if they could even name four of them. If they name all six, you should probably listen to what they have to say.

M

Mister A

Nobody reads anymore. Everybody just wants to be a YouTube star. Nothing paints a picture as well as an HD camera and a stringer tanktop.

blastthru23

That being said, that is, angling of feet or changing grips for triceps may either compromise the knee or not result in full contraction or extension of every head of a muscle group, i have found that i am able to focus on a certain head more effectively by doing so. However, i dont limit myself to one position or another, i do use positions that do allow and promote full ROM for the particular group i am working. 

When i work on a certain machine such as leg press with a toes pointed in, the technique changes so that the focus is on the negative as much as the contractual portions of the movement. In this manner, i feel that my knee joint isnt compromised and i can focus the contraction vastus medalis. For me, i get a great pump and lactic acd increase by doing so. Perhaps the positioning affords a means for a greater mind-muscle connection. And, by no means am I saying that the other heads of the quadriceps (even the hamstrings) are not being engaged, i simply feel a greater response in the VM.

Often, i think of the quadriceps, or any other muscle groups as a jazz band, the other instrumentalists do not stop playing when say the guitarist takes the lead, then when its the pianists turn to take off and jam, the others still keep going. The mind is like Miles Davis, the executive conductor, whether Pete Cosey, or John McLaughlin is the guitarist in a given line up.

swolesam

100% blast & Storm. 

deca's ability to lubricate joints and initiate/induce healing can not be argued. Only a fool would say it doesnt, or some natty person who never used AAS before. bodybuilders and lifters years after years love stacking deca in their cycles, WHY? because the joint lubrication allows them to go VERY heavy without much joint pain! Not to mention the other anabolic effects on the muscles.

A guy like me who used nandrolone (Deconate & PP) on TRT and cycled with it more than 8 times in the past, i can tell you for a fact the lubrication effect can not be argued , its SIGNIFICANT. Longterm effect, i would think it causes healing and construction in the joints & bones, but to be fair long term effects are just plain hard to isolate and attribute because of all the other factors playing in during the longterm period.