Anyone where a mouth guard while lifting?

dohcsvt

I have found myself gritting my teeth so hard it almost hurts. So I was wondering if anyone used a mouthpiece and if so which one to prevent interference with your breathing. Thanks for feedback!

Gainz.

On the rare occasion I max out. Especially for squats for some reason, yes I have a mouth guard.
I ordered a expensive one off Ebay for like $30 bucks and I hated it! It was way too bulky and just... wrong!
So I ended up buying a $2 one from Walmart as a last ditch effort because I refused to spend any more money on a freaking mouthpiece!
Turns out its perfect! I had to cut a tiny bit off the back, but that took 2 seconds with a pair of scissors. Getting it hot and formed is everything!
I've had it a while now and it's still perfect.

You're not doing combat sports, so the breathing and being secure isn't nearly as important.
Just need something to bite down on. Go cheap, you won't regret it! And if you work out at a gym, I promise you're gonna lose it! So buy 2

saltyscrode

Yea man, I used to wear one quite a bit. The thinner the better. The plain old cheap clear ones that you boil to form to your teeth seem to be the thinnest that I could not bite through. Now, however, I just use chewing gum, hate to train now with out gum.

Gainz.

Yea man, I used to wear one quite a bit. The thinner the better. The plain old cheap clear ones that you boil to form to your teeth seem to be the thinnest that I could not bite through. Now, however, I just use chewing gum, hate to train now with out gum.
That's not a bad idea, but I drink a ton of water while I lift. Sometimes gum and water can be the worst combination.

Twizted

That's not a bad idea, but I drink a ton of water while I lift. Sometimes gum and water can be the worst combination.
Any kind of mint gum mixed with cold water sucks. Makes your mouth feel like it's absolutely freezing, or it does for me atleast.

Gainz.

Any kind of mint gum mixed with cold water sucks. Makes your mouth feel like it's absolutely freezing, or it does for me atleast.
Big red and water is probably as bad as being waterboarded. I've never been waterboarded... but I have made the mistake of drinking water while chewing big red... honestly might take the waterboarding.
Another unfortunate pair is jolly ranchers and water... doesn't matter the flavor. Taste like a homeless person shit in your mouth

dohcsvt

Thanks for the feedback.
I have never chewed him while lifting, but I 100% agree with that.