Are you fat?

SemperFi

Visceral fat accumulation in men is positively associated with insulin, glucose, and C-peptide levels, but negatively with testosterone levels.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/002604959090297P

I have a complete copy of the abstract that I can share upon request.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

A quick note on what C-Peptide is: Insulin has two chains, an A and a B chain, that need to be bound to become active. C-Peptide (connecting peptide) does this. Once the C-Peptide connects the A and B chains, it becomes disconnected leaving A and B chain connected with a disulfide bond (something like that). When C-Peptide is lacking, it can be a cause for diabetes. The A and B chain need to be connected in order to activate the target receptors on a cell for glucose transport into a given cell. 

calmb4dastorm

Feel like I'm fat. I decided to eat something I enjoyed today: a triple X bacon cheeseburger from Steak and shake. Not a cheat meal. Just a meal that I wanted for a change. Now I'm in the bed regretting all 3 of those hamburger patties, the ton of bacon and cheese. 

calmb4dastorm

Trust me I'm suffering. This heartburn! It was tasty going down, though. It will likely be next year before I try to pull a stunt like that again. Lol. I feel and look like a beached whale! 

strong

Funny Question... I think we may be a group of people that are hard on ourselves. I am always talking about losing fat/keeping fat off.  The funny thing is I'm not even close to fat. I Get great compliments all the time but in our world 16% BF is near unacceptable... When I do reach 12% I will want to see sub 10%.... Its a never ending game.

I request the full read but that shit is hard to understand..

Dolf

Crazy how you get used to eating clean, and then you shovel some greasing food down, and you feel like crap.