asymmetrical muscles

Gainz.

So my girl pointed out to me yesterday (after a chest day and good pump) my right pec is noticeably smaller than my left.
I've heard several different ways to make the right one catch up.
But what do you guys do?

I think my right pec is smaller because my right arm is stronger. Meaning my shoulder and tricep takes over faster causing my right pec to do less work. While my left everything needs to work together. I could be wrong, idk.
I also noticed I can flex my left pec a lot easier, while my right I really have to think about it.

Anyway, let me know some of the things that have worked for you. Want to catch it up before it gets really obvious

dohcsvt

My left arm is at least half an inch smaller than my right. I have never trained one side differently than the other. I never really thought about how to make it catch up, I will be watching the responses on this.

D

Deleted member 45086

Lol, I'm clueless on this one. I don't know if training the smaller side more would help. About the only logical thing I can come up with.

Gainz.

My left arm is at least half an inch smaller than my right. I have never trained one side differently than the other. I never really thought about how to make it catch up, I will be watching the responses on this.
My left bicep is 1/2 inch smaller than the right. My right also has a nice peak (ball) when I flex, my left doesn't. I'm not as worried about that as I am with my chest. But either way, I would love to know if anyone has successfully caught up a lacking muscle
Lol, I'm clueless on this one. I don't know if training the smaller side more would help. About the only logical thing I can come up with.
That's what I heard.. but how? say 15 reps for your left arm and 10 reps on left...but wouldn't your left need more time off?
Or literally do a workout with only your smaller side, pretend your bigger side is in a cast?

Twizted

Your best bet is to do more dumbell and cable movements and avoid barbell movements. That way your isolating each pec and not having them both work together to move one weight. I've never had that issue myself but I also do alot of isolation work

Gainz.

Your best bet is to do more dumbell and cable movements and avoid barbell movements. That way your isolating each pec and not having them both work together to move one weight. I've never had that issue myself but I also do alot of isolation work
I do a lot of isolation. But I also do a lot of benching.
Maybe I'll start putting 100lb on the left, and 125lb on the right side! Hahaha

I think I'm gonna start by doing a full extra set on my right when I do flies, or incline dumbbells.

suppsforlife

in fact, everyone has asymmetrical muscles. it's confirmed through responses here. But if that bothers you then, at least theoretically, working out the "smaller" part more should help. I also have the same thing but it doesn't really bothers me. I even noticed that with my left arm I can lift a bit more and it's getting tired a bit slower (for example, when repping 15, my right already gives up at 12, 13 while the left still goes on, lol)

Gainz.

in fact, everyone has asymmetrical muscles. it's confirmed through responses here. But if that bothers you then, at least theoretically, working out the "smaller" part more should help. I also have the same thing but it doesn't really bothers me. I even noticed that with my left arm I can lift a bit more and it's getting tired a bit slower (for example, when repping 15, my right already gives up at 12, 13 while the left still goes on, lol)
I have something similar. My right arm is stronger, but my left can do more reps. Like my right can curl 65lbs, my left cant. But with say 35lbs my left can do more reps.

And I know most people's arms and forearms are different sizes (couldn't imagine why the forearms are?🤣🤣) but my chest... I don't know... maybe I'm to vain.
The fact that I'm starting gear (literally any day now) I just don't want to make it worse and look like that girl in school everyone made fun of.... you know who I'm talking about!

But I will do a full extra set on just my left pec. I'll post back here if I see a change any time soon

Twizted

I would say focus on bulking up to where you want to be then after that you can work towards correcting any imbalances you may have. Atleast that's how I would tackle it.

D

Deleted member 45086

I would say focus on bulking up to where you want to be then after that you can work towards correcting any imbalances you may have. Atleast that's how I would tackle it.
Yeah it might actually correct itself with significant growth, if not I know a plastic surgeon that does pec implants. 😂

Gainz.

I figured since I'll be starting my very first cycle, the growth benefits I'm going to have... this would be the best time to do it. If I take it a little easier on my left and go a little harder on my right... with the added recovery rate test will give me... I might make it up in the next few weeks.

I tried taking a picture, but the photos don't really show it well.

Twizted

You do you man, whatever you think will be best. I know if it was me I'd be more focused on absolutely pushing myself to the max for my first cycle. And then if the problem still existed I'd worry about it after. Let us know how it goes.

Gainz.

If you get big enough ppl will be afraid to ask about your pec imbalance 😆
Yeah you're right, it shouldn't be my main focus. I'm just worried its gonna get way out of proportion with the gear. I'm just gonna focus on mind muscle connection and then maybe just doing a extra rep or 2 on the smaller side.
For such a common problem, I'm surprised more people haven't commented or had a plan to fix it

suppsforlife

I assume because nobody really gets bothered by it.
I've seen guys with abs, for example, much different from one side to another. and that's absolutely no problem for them.
I'm just worried its gonna get way out of proportion with the gear.
I highly doubt that

Gainz.

I assume because nobody really gets bothered by it.
I've seen guys with abs, for example, much different from one side to another. and that's absolutely no problem for them.

I highly doubt that
Yeah I've seen guys with those abs.. I'd wear a shirt. I know how that makes me sound... but I already said I'm a vain asshole.

But as far as I know you can't change your ab bands. That's why Arnold had 5, I have 7, and some lucky guys have 10!

Twizted

Yeah I've seen guys with those abs.. I'd wear a shirt. I know how that makes me sound... but I already said I'm a vain asshole.

But as far as I know you can't change your ab bands. That's why Arnold had 5, I have 7, and some lucky guys have 10!
My abs are uneven a bit for sure but ill be damned if I hide them under a shirt lol. I didn't work this hard to keep a shirt on. If someone doesn't like the way they look they can kiss my ass for all I care.

D

Deleted member 45086

I keep my abs under a small layer of fat on purpose so that they are not envious of my flawless abs.

Gainz.

My abs are uneven a bit for sure but ill be damned if I hide them under a shirt lol. I didn't work this hard to keep a shirt on. If someone doesn't like the way they look they can kiss my ass for all I care.
I'm not just talking about uneven or just a little odd shaped. That's fine, I'm talking about a picasso painting of abs. I found a pic, but I've seen way worse than this too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510-191643_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-191643_Chrome.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 3