Back day help

Alexdb2022

Really struggling with my back workout routines. I really want to target it but there are just so many exercises. I have focused on tbar rows, db rows, bb rows, some lat pd pull-ups, single cable pd, pull-ups. I need a solid routine I can stick with for it that will hit everything efficiently and grow it while on cycle.
As alwyas thanks boys

suppsforlife

well, i generally tend to do as many different types of exercises as possible. don't just go for a 1-2 type of exercise and go with them unchanged.

Alexdb2022

well, i generally tend to do as many different types of exercises as possible. don't just go for a 1-2 type of exercise and go with them unchanged.
Right I’m currently doing a lot of rows to add thickness and focusing on Lats I guess. Just so much for back I’m trying to get a solid high volume intense plan.

bobby ricky

Try 10 sets of ten reps . The tenth rep must be difficult and only rest 30 seconds between sets. It worked for the Germans. 10 sets for each exercise. Just try it for one month and guaranteed growth 👍

Really struggling with my back workout routines. I really want to target it but there are just so many exercises. I have focused on tbar rows, db rows, bb rows, some lat pd pull-ups, single cable pd, pull-ups. I need a solid routine I can stick with for it that will hit everything efficiently and grow it while on cycle.
As alwyas thanks boys
I get compliments on my lats and back more than I do anything else. Don’t forget about benching. A lot of benching also helps broaden the back. I have a routine that I have used since 1994 and if followed and pushing hard at the gym it will broaden and muscle up your back better than anything I’ve ever seen. Everyone who I have trained has gotten ripped following this program ( especially in their backs) Cable rows or a row machine are always my favorite but it mainly works the lower part of your lats/ middle to lower back and you have to do a lot of lat pull downs(cable). This will work more towards your upper lats and the area between your shoulder blades. It’s a 6-7 day training routine. People say you need rest but that all depends on yourr ya age and diet etc. I never rested between 19-23 years old. I’m 46 now so I don’t go but maybe 3-4 times a week now.
Mon. Chest, Triceps, forearms
Tue. Back, biceps, shoulders
Wed. Legs ( all muscle groups)
Thur. Chest, triceps, forearms
Fri. Back, biceps, shoulders
Sat. Legs
Sun. Cardio ( abs if you want or everyday abs)

With this routine you are working major back muscle groups 2- days in a row with leg day giving you an upper body rest day. I still follow this routine but at my age I can’t go like I did when I was younger but I promise if you do this and workout hard in the gym. You will notice your back changing more than any other thing. I know the big thing nowadays is focus one or two muscle groups ( push pull whatever younger guys call iit) but try it and lmk how it goes. I know it has worked for everyone. Even the people who used one or two days rest. But if you miss a day stay with the routine of bbsh behind your chest day. Benching is great for back muscles. Lift heavy and as many reps you can. Hope it works for ya

saltyscrode

I'm going to add my thoughts on the subject. I love back work. If you don't do them, try conventional dead lifts man. Heavy pulls will give you a big, thick, juicy back. Every person I know that can rep out 500 is thick and wide, in the good way. Plus the strength carry over to everything else is awesome. You will be able to pull the entire stack on every row machine in the gym. Anyway, just my thoughts, I know it works.

Alexdb2022

I'm going to add my thoughts on the subject. I love back work. If you don't do them, try conventional dead lifts man. Heavy pulls will give you a big, thick, juicy back. Every person I know that can rep out 500 is thick and wide, in the good way. Plus the strength carry over to everything else is awesome. You will be able to pull the entire stack on every row machine in the gym. Anyway, just my thoughts, I know it works.
Thanks I have been doing them but tbh they just wreck me

seymour

Back can be the hardest for a lot of people. Mainly because you can't see the muscles while you're lifting and it can make it harder to achieve the mind muscle connection.

This is extremely important. Lighter weight with stellar mind muscle connection and good squeeze will always produce better results than using heavier weight improperly.

If you're having trouble with that try knocking weight down a little and really focusing on it.

Something I don't think was mentioned was farmers carry. If you kinda pull your chest back a little and carry some weights around you will feel the back engage nice. It's something I like that a lot of people don't do for back in my experience.

D

Deleted member 45086

Back can be the hardest for a lot of people. Mainly because you can't see the muscles while you're lifting and it can make it harder to achieve the mind muscle connection.

This is extremely important. Lighter weight with stellar mind muscle connection and good squeeze will always produce better results than using heavier weight improperly.

If you're having trouble with that try knocking weight down a little and really focusing on it.

Something I don't think was mentioned was farmers carry. If you kinda pull your chest back a little and carry some weights around you will feel the back engage nice. It's something I like that a lot of people don't do for back in my experience.
Great for traps too

Alexdb2022

I have been doing it for core and st the end of each walk I hit a bunch of shrugs