Beef and "potatoes"

Apex Peptides

We're new here, so sorry if this is in the wrong section! There doesn't seem to be a place to post BB friendly recipes, so.....maybe this is the place??

Beef, potato and cheese?? How could this possibly be healthy?!? Surprisingly enough…yes it is! Of course I have opted for lean ground beef and cauliflower in place of potatoes but had I not told you, I’m sure you wouldn’t have known the difference! This is a fabulous dish that taste great the day you make it and EVEN BETTER the next day so it’s perfect for packing up as leftovers for the rest of the week!

Ingredients:
8 oz of Cauliflower Florets
2 c of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 lb of Lean Ground Beef
4 oz of Cheddar Cheese (I used VeggieShreds)
6 Egg Whites (I used 1 cup of All Whites)
4 Tbsp Whipped Chive Cream Cheese
1/4 c of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Set stovetop to high and place cauliflower in a large pan and cover with broth

3. When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until cauliflower is very tender. Drain and set aside. The cauliflower will have a brown color to it like potatoes do when they roast in beef broth.

4. Brown and crumble ground beef, and stir in cauliflower when done. At this point, it will even look like hash.

6. Add onion, garlic powder, salt and black pepper to taste.

7. In a bowl, combine egg whites, cream cheese, almond milk and ½ of the cheese. Mix well to combine.

8. Pour beef mixture into baking pan. (Be sure it has slightly cooled so it doesn’t cook your eggs.) Pour egg mixture over top and stir to evenly distribute.

9. Sprinkle remaining half of cheese over top.

10. Bake for 30-45 minutes (stick a toothpick in to check if eggs are cooked all the way through)

11. Turn oven to broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese on top

For macro nutrient breakdown....figure it out. Bahahaha!

Eriq

Not to mention that Cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables help with the clearance and metabolism of estrogen!

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/jmf.1998.1.67?journalCode=jmf

Kfizzle

This sounds PERFECT for low carb days!!!  Thanks so much for that. I will deff be making this so I used "myfitnesspal" app to figure the macros out,  these numbers are based off of dividing the meal into 6 servings and the beef is 93% lean. I based the beef on 13oz instead of 16 because of the cooking difference... I cook a LOT of ground beef and weigh all my meals so this is pretty accurate with lean ground. OK heres the #s.

Servings 6

Cals = 502

Protein = 62g

Carbs = 4g

Fat = 28g