Beef..its not whats for dinner

Meatloaf or Meatballs

1 lb ground chicken or turkey

1/2 cup of quick cut oats (keeps me away from nasty bread crumbs and so much better)

2 eggs

Spice it up. I vary with what I feel like throwing in.

Some things I commonly use:

Salt/Pepper

Liquid Amino 

Garlic

Cilantro or Basil 

Cayenne Pepper or Sriracha Sauce

Whatever else I feel like tossing in

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or till done

Hey Dolf! Awesome. Let me know what you think! I have to mix it up or I get tired of eating. Granted eating is for purpose and not totally for enjoyment but I do need a few different flavors and textures. Love the oats in there over the old bread crumbs. I think it is way better! 

I figure I will keep posting recipes and stuff like that for now until I run my first cycle and have more to offer in that way of experience :)

blastthru23

It dawned on me that one could measure out one meals worth of food this way. Say you need 6oz of ground turkey (your protein), then 1/2 c of oats (dry measured), and your veg, say cabbage (grated or Chopped). Throw in your egg whites with some seasoning. Make 4 of these into patties or put into single baking pans and bake for the appr amount of time. drizzle your allotted amount of oil per each meal. 

Dolf

My next food prep day I'll bake up a turkey meatloaf, and tell you what I think.

Recipes are a tremendous contribution to the community! After all dietbis the most important aspect of our lifestyle...

Dolf

Wonder how 1/2 a cup of oats would affect just 6oz of turkey? This is a great idea too...

blastthru23

Might be a little weird. maybe putting your allotted amount of cooked rice might work... hmmm... shit, that might be a cup of rice to 6pz of ground meat. That might not work. Maybe I'll experiment with both since I am now the proud owner of a 100lb bag of rice!

Thanks Dolf! As I learn I will have more to offer but right now the little student in the front seat taking notes with seriousness and intent! LOL

Let me know how ya like it..and AGREED..diet is numero uno!!!

Hey Blast..good point. Let me know what you come up with. I can say with oats you dont even know they are in there..they make the meat really moist. Will look forward to what you create and share!!!! Will it be Rice? Will it be Oats? Who will win the title? LOL

SemperFi

Rice does not work well as a binder. You will most likely end up with a dirty rice mixture and/or a stuffed bell peppers type mixture.

SEMPER FI

Hey Dolf! I am excited too. I lay awake sometimes thinking about it. Scared yes. Not going to lie. Have to respect what I am putting into my body but cannot wait to see the results. I will def be posting my journey in that part of the forum ;)