Bikini Prep Update

Little K

My prep went from 14 weeks to 18 weeks and my coach and I pushed back to a November show. I'm currently 9 weeks in with 9 more left. Right now I still have plenty of carbs but they have been cut back a bit. Since I'm currently natural and my body wants to put on muscle, we're taking advantage of the extra time. Cardio is now 4x a week and abs are 3x a week. It's funny being one of several bikini competitors in my gym but being the one who lifts the heaviest. I know as we taper more and get deeper into prep that I won't feel as strong and the emphasis with training will shift. Right now though it feels good to be a bikini girl weighing about 140 who squats 205, deadlifts 225, and benches 105. My chest and shoulders are my weak points and have been getting special attention lately. I have dreams about the word "press." Excited to see what's looking back at me in the mirror changing on a weekly basis. 

blastthru23

Looking forward to following your progress Little K :) 

I too get disappointed when i lose strength during a cut, on the other hand, I'm equally disappointed when abs disappear during a bulk ;)

I

icdeadlifters

blastthru23 said:
</p><p>Looking forward to following your progress Little K :) </p><p>I too get disappointed when i lose strength during a cut, on the other hand, I'm equally disappointed when abs disappear during a bulk ;)</p><p>
.  </p><p> </p><p>X2 brother... Hate the cut cause i love food. But I love that well ripped look. Lil k throw some pics up. (<---- probably already have, I smoke tooooooo much).</p>

Little K

I actually haven't put any pics up but I'm thinking I will soon. I'm looking forward to having abs! lol My body stores fat awkwardly. I'm very "ribby" right now as the sides of my torso are leaning out but my actual stomach is taking its time. My arms are leaning, though, too, so we will see what the rest of this prep brings. I'm just gonna keep lifting what's heavy for me.

calmb4dastorm

Awesome Sista!!! I look forward to following your progress. I compete in women's physique and I hate the cutting for precontest. I've been slowly cutting my body fat over the past few months. I'm 7 months out and sitting at 10.1% bf. Its hard work but oh so worth it

Little K

Moderate carb and, for me, high protein. 

2000 calories a day = 48 F / 185 C / 210 P

7 meals a day as follows:

Meal 1 - 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, EFAs

Meal 2 - whey shake, 3 rice cakes, 1T almond butter 

Meal 3 - 4oz chicken, 4oz yams, green veggie, 2T avocado 

Meal 4 - 4oz chicken, 1/2 cup white rice, green veggie

Meal 5 - 4oz 99% lean turkey, green veggie 

Meal 6 - (post training) 4oz 95/5 ground beef, 1/2 cup white rice, EFAs

Meal 7 - whey shake, 1T almond butter 

Calm, I'm following along with your coaching log!

blastthru23

+1! Now thats a nice menu, great variety,  and obviously superior planning! Wish i had time to prep meals like that. Instant favorite, and looking forward to following your progress :)

Little K

My diet is EASY. I gotta say I love eating every 2-3 hours. I can't go 4 hours anymore. My stomach growling disrupts everyone around me lol. Thinking it may change this week coming up as we'll be 8 weeks out.

Little K

It hasn't been adjusted too much yet. I started at 2100 calories with equal carbs and protein each at 210. My carbs got cut back to 185 a few weeks ago after being on prep for a few weeks. Cardio was upped by 5 minutes at the same time. I got pretty in depth with my coach about my training and since my strength is still improving but I'm also getting leaner we are leaving things as is for now. He did give me a heads up that things are going to start changing soon though.

calmb4dastorm

My coach is talking about carb cycling me, AND I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. my bf is already at 10% and i do not want to lean out too much too fast or too soon. But, he is trying to do a comp in Oct just to surprise people, but i do not want to do one yet. i definitely do no want to deal with low carb anything. The great thing i love about his approach is that he says if he has to have me do cardio, he isn't training me correctly. I hate cardio as much as i hate low carbs....smdh

Little K

To see what kind of carb cycle he'd want you to do at that BF. My coach has a few women who compete in physique and he uses carb cycling only during their off seasons. As we know though, what works wonders for one isn't guaranteed to do anything for someone else. I responded well to carb cycling over the summer when my BF was in the 20-25% range but most people with that much fat to drop will respond well to cycling. I'm guessing he probably wouldn't have you go too low on your low days.

calmb4dastorm

Little K said:
</p><p>At a few options but have it narrowed down. Been watching YouTube videos like crazy.</p><p>
approach to learning the basics. It's what I did to learn mandatory poses for my division.( My significant other helped me with my routine. I was a true novice, but placed 4th in my first comp which qualified me for Jr. Nationals.)</p><p>Then comes the personalization. You will need someone on the outside looking at you to help determine which moves are best to accentuate YOUR build. How often are you practicing posing?</p>

Little K

calmb4dastorm said:
</p><p>How's the posing going? Found a coach yet?</p><p>
</p><p>It's off to what I think is a great start. I did find a coach that will be working with me in person to not only get down the basics but as I get deeper into prep will be helping to personalize my posing to best show off my strong points. As of now those are my traps and calves lol.</p><p> </p>

calmb4dastorm

Glad you found a coach. Posing is very tedious and tiresome but sooo worth it. I like the fact that a coach is able to help one find the best poses to accentuate the strong points. Not every pose is created equal for each. how's the suit shopping going???