Blood donation

bobby ricky

This Thursday someone is going to get a feel good dose of eq test and deca. Hopefully it doesn’t take away my vascularity 😂 they always tell me my rbc so I’ll se if it’s high.

Twizted

Pretty sure I need to drop a donation. Starting to see some of the signs of high hematocrit.

Twizted

They are very similar to what you would expect to see with high blood pressure. Flushed skin, headaches, spinning head things like that. I'm mostly seeing flushed skin on my chest and face and occasionally headaches.

My BP is on range so I'm assuming it may be hematocrit. Gonna bump up water intake and see if that helps with it and probably line up a donation.

Rhino73

Where I live, there is a big plasma shortage so the blood banks only take plasma.
The process is the same except after they take your blood, they extract the plasma and put the rest back into you.
Do you think that would help or possibly make worse blood pressure and hematocrit symptoms?
I’ve done it a couple of times but don’t really know if it helped or not.

Twizted

That's a good question, I have no clue if plasma donations would have a lowering effect. I'm gonna guess and say no, but it's a mostly blind guess lol. Hopefully someone more intelligent will come around and let us know.