Bulking next step

Whiz

I am 6'1 I've been slowly bulking for awhile my maintenance calories are around 3500 I usually hit 300-400 over that. My goal is to get 220. My end goal is 240-260. I wanted to know if you guys thought I should up my calories to say around 5000 and gain that way? All of my friends that I have talked to have told me that I could and should just eat a lot and then get to the weight I want to and then cut down. Now I have no problem with bulking and getting fat but I don't want ruin my frame and blow out my waist. Since I have started gaining weight my waist size has stayed the same. I gained 30ibs in a short period of time and I fully expected my waist to grow but it didn't it's currently at 26-28in. I'm only concerned with my waist/frame because once I do get up to 240-260 I want to compete. I know everyone is different but based on what I have told you guys do you think I should up my calories to say around 5000 and gain that way?

Attachments

• IMG_8746.jpg
    IMG_8746.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8827.jpg
    IMG_8827.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 10
D

Deleted member 45086

As long as you are gaining couple of pounds a week you are great. Just find that caloric sweet spot.

suppsforlife

Well, you could increase a little bit and not jump right to 5000 cals a day. As long as you're on gear and training hard 5-6 days a week then you could easily add up 20-30% over your maintenance. if your maintenance cals is 3500 then you could go to 4300-4500.
adding faster and less risk of tiny waist loss

Gainz.

Well, you could increase a little bit and not jump right to 5000 cals a day. As long as you're on gear and training hard 5-6 days a week then you could easily add up 20-30% over your maintenance. if your maintenance cals is 3500 then you could go to 4300-4500.
adding faster and less risk of tiny waist loss
Exactly, if you're training right the weight you put on should be mostly muscle.
I put on 45lbs in a year and a half and my waist is the same. My pants don't fit because my ass and thighs are to big, but the waist is the same. Only time your stomach really grows is when you eat and don't workout. Or bubble gut. But I don't think you have to worry about that. That's due to using hgh.
But instead of jumping to 5,000cals I would do it slowly. The slower you do it, the better you will feel doing it. Jumping from 3,500 to 5,000 is a big jump. You might feel so full and uncomfortable it might affect your workouts. But getting to 260lbs, a 5,000 calorie diet... or more is definitely in your future! You have to eat that big to get that big!

bobby ricky

I’ll put in my two cents on what is working for me at the moment. I always fast from noon till 5 am the next day. I have around three days where I’ll eat as much as I can and totally over calorie and four days when I under calorie. If I’m sore as fuck I’ll over calorie and when I’m not I’ll under calorie. I only workout 4 days per week and am growing and getting leaner at the same time.
You do look great my brother but I would skip getting super fat only because I’ve been there and it sucks taking all that fat off.

Whiz

Well what’s your take on training for strength vs a pump? I currently train for a pump but I will move up in weight once I’m able to dominate that weight

D

Deleted member 45086

Well what’s your take on training for strength vs a pump? I currently train for a pump but I will move up in weight once I’m able to dominate that weight
Well of course, always push yourself. As long as you can move up and keep form then go for it. How many years you been lifting whiz?. You gotta good frame on you.

bobby ricky

Your young my man and to be competitive I believe you need to move some weight. You want to be careful of injury for sure. I lifted for strength and I just didn’t grow and my tendons and ligaments were doing a lot of work. When I concentrated on the pump and just moving the blood into the muscle it was night and day difference. When you pump you should get to the burn and then count 5-10-15 reps into the burn and when you can’t do anymore do partial reps. You need to be in pain to really grow. No pain no gain. I welcome pain and discomfort because it means I’m growing. Arnold said if fou can take the pain you can be a champion and if you can’t take it You won’t. The guy’s smiling and talking in my gym look like shit and I want to ask them why are you here.

I dream about being a jacked mother fucker.
I have a picture in my mind of what I want to look like and I go to war with my body every time I’m in the gym to change the way it looks. I have so much respect for the big guy’s because they earned it . You can’t inherit it and you can’t borrow it or buy it.

Whiz

Well of course, always push yourself. As long as you can move up and keep form then go for it. How many years you been lifting whiz?. You gotta good frame on you.
Ive been lifting for 5 years but off and on. Last year is when I actually got serious and made sure I was constant. It’s been a ride
When I concentrated on the pump and just moving the blood into the muscle it was night and day difference.

I dream about being a jacked mother fucker.
I have a picture in my mind of what I want to look like and I go to war with my body every time I’m in the gym to change the way it looks. I have so much respect for the big guy’s because they earned it . You can’t inherit it and you can’t borrow it or buy it.
Last year is when I finally found out what a pump actually was. I used to lift all the time I would get fatigued but that was it.
We on the same page about being jacked asf since I was a little kid I always wanted to be jacked

Alexdb2022

i ran my bulk higher than that and gained so much fat it messed me up mentslly for a bit there. You look like your doing a good clean lean bulk I’d keep going how you are your gaining plenty it seeems

BigGashMan

Simple rule of thumb. Weigh yourself each week. If weight doesn't increase then increase carbs by 50g per Training Day. Either spread between meals equally or add to your pre, post and post post meals. Rinse and repeat. If appetite stalls (and it will eventually), pull back to maintenance for 4-6 weeks and then start increasing carbs again. Keeping your step count to 10k per day will help with appetite and keeping 2-3 cardio sessions in a week will help also. Leave protein at the appropriate level for your body mass and keep fats low (ideally no more than 60g) as this helps keep digestion fast and helps appetite. If you want to bring up specific weak body parts then add 100-200g of carbs extra to split between your pre, post and post post meals for just the days that you train that body part. I've found this particularly effective for targetting legs and back. Good foods for this are cream of rice and pop tarts as they're very easy to eat and contain lots of fast carbs. I'd keep the pop tarts to just pre and post however as they are very high GI and have a lot of sugar. Hope that helps and good luck brother.