Bulking on keto

Whiz

Is it possible to bulk on keto? Usually people use keto to cut. I’m asking because I think I might have a carb intolerance. I’ve done keto before but only lasted 3-4 days but I felt incredible but I also love my carbs so it didn’t last long.

D

Deleted member 45086

I pretty much stay on keto and yes you can bulk on it. Even if I am not in strict ketosis I keep carbs below 50/day.

Whiz

I pretty much stay on keto and yes you can bulk on it. Even if I am not in strict ketosis I keep carbs below 50/day.
What do you usually eat? Im trying to wrap my head around actually getting the needed calories in. Also is it expensive to bulk on keto?

Gokupwr62

Carb intolerance or a gluten in tolerance? How are you with white rice? But to answer your question I found it bothersome and your gains will suffer. The pump on a ketogenic diet sucks. But yes you can technically bulk on a keto diet but do suggest finding what exactly is causing you problems and cutting that out completely.

D

Deleted member 45086

Carb intolerance or a gluten in tolerance? How are you with white rice? But to answer your question I found it bothersome and your gains will suffer. The pump on a ketogenic diet sucks. But yes you can technically bulk on a keto diet but do suggest finding what exactly is causing you problems and cutting that out completely.
I do agree with you that I don't think it's as effective but carbs bloat me and put tremendous amount of weight on me. I will get bigger and stronger with high carbs but with crazy weight gains. I'm talking 40-50 lbs easily. It's too much too fast for me.

Gokupwr62

I do agree with you that I don't think it's as effective but carbs bloat me and put tremendous amount of weight on me. I will get bigger and stronger with high carbs but with crazy weight gains. I'm talking 40-50 lbs easily. It's too much too fast for me.
My body responds really well to keto but do notice a problem getting a pump and a slight performance decrease. I even attempted it the first half of my current cycle but felt even tho I was cutting I'd have a better chance doing a carb cycle approach. I slowly started ramping up my carbs and lowering my fats. I stay my highest on leg and back day and lowest on arm and the day before my refeed. Highest I'll go 250 and lowest I'll stay around 75. Only complex low glycemic carbs as well. Keeping cardio 2x day 5x per week. Everyone is different but do believe for a proper "bulk" you do need carbs. I also believe to get the full benefits from a cycle is to eat carbs and to keep glycogen full, provides so much for muscle repair. More glycogen in muscle is part of why they accelerate muscle growth.

D

Deleted member 45086

My body responds really well to keto but do notice a problem getting a pump and a slight performance decrease. I even attempted it the first half of my current cycle but felt even tho I was cutting I'd have a better chance doing a carb cycle approach. I slowly started ramping up my carbs and lowering my fats. I stay my highest on leg and back day and lowest on arm and the day before my refeed. Highest I'll go 250 and lowest I'll stay around 75. Only complex low glycemic carbs as well. Keeping cardio 2x day 5x per week. Everyone is different but do believe for a proper "bulk" you do need carbs. I also believe to get the full benefits from a cycle is to eat carbs and to keep glycogen full, provides so much for muscle repair. More glycogen in muscle is part of why they accelerate muscle growth.
There's actually like a keto split I've read about on another forum. You keto during the week and reload on carbs on weekends. Said it was really effective. If I can find it I will give you the name of the article. You have to remember too you are wanting to compete so you definitely need to do what's most effective for you.

Gokupwr62

I would cheat on keto every other week. I found when I kept my protein high it would take me awhile to get back into ketosis sometimes 5 days so if I were to do it every week I would only get 1 full day in ketosis. I've also experimented with mct or artificial ketones to help the body slip into ketosis a bit faster but never noticed much of a difference for the price of the stuff. Mental clarity tho on keto is amazing tho I'll throw in a CPL weeks of straight keto a few times a year. Do believe health benefits are great especially for insulin sensitivity before a big bulk. Also I'll throw in a 36hr fast a CPL times a year as well. Fasting for 24+hrs can be amazing for a ton of things like reducing organ fat, killing cancer cells and neurogenesis.

bobby ricky

Is it possible to bulk on keto? Usually people use keto to cut. I’m asking because I think I might have a carb intolerance. I’ve done keto before but only lasted 3-4 days but I felt incredible but I also love my carbs so it didn’t last long.
I’ve never done keto but I’ve done more of a carnivore diet or basically what was available to a caveman. Yes I clean bulked on it . No matter what you eat it’s calories that dictate the direction the scale moves period. I think a balanced diet is better but any diet can be used as a tool to get you where you need to go.
I now eat a balanced diet with fruits vegetables and meat.

I believe meat builds meat so I eat alot of it . My cholesterol and triglycerides improved by limiting my sugar intake and eating foods with one name only not a fucking paragraph 😂

Whiz

I’ve never done keto but I’ve done more of a carnivore diet or basically what was available to a caveman. Yes I clean bulked on it . No matter what you eat it’s calories that dictate the direction the scale moves period. I think a balanced diet is better but any diet can be used as a tool to get you where you need to go.
I now eat a balanced diet with fruits vegetables and meat.

I believe meat builds meat so I eat alot of it . My cholesterol and triglycerides improved by limiting my sugar intake and eating foods with one name only not a fucking paragraph 😂
I agree with you on the it doesn’t matter what you eat. For bulking I’ve never seen or heard of anyone do keto. Usually it’s for cutting so I was kind of skeptical. Honestly though I can’t do keto I love rice and bread too much

Twizted

Less than 50 carbs a day?? I'm almost positive I would die on so few carbs lol. I'm on the other end if this spectrum, around 500 carbs. How do you guys have the energy to workout on so few carbs? Does it come from healthy fats?

D

Deleted member 45086

Less than 50 carbs a day?? I'm almost positive I would die on so few carbs lol. I'm on the other end if this spectrum, around 500 carbs. How do you guys have the energy to workout on so few carbs? Does it come from healthy fats?
Yep. And I am unfriending you Mr. Carb