Can an AI or SERM be used long-term?

NZT-49

I have been on finasteride daily which is a 5a-reductase inhibitor that reduces Test to DHT conversion and reduces male pattern baldness. If finasteride can be used daily, then why can't low dose Aromasin or Nolvadex be used long-term (except when on cycle for the case of Nolva)? This could keep testosterone high and possibly reduce the need for steroids although it most definitely would not be as effective for bodybuilding.

D

Dont_trip

I was wondering about proviron as well could that be used,to free up bound test off cycle?or would it shut you down(Not hi jackng thread only adding to it)

NZT-49

This is just conjecture, but since the body has natural controls that can detect if levels of one hormone is too high/low, it would likely try to compensate in the long-run. For Proviron (which very similar to DHT), the body may either decrease production of the 5a-reductase enzyme (which is responsible for the conversion of your natural Test to DHT) or decrease the production of your testosterone (which about 5% gets converted into DHT).

For Aromasin, you are getting rid of the aromatase enzyme in which the body would respond by producing more testosterone (which is needed to convert to estrogen) along with more aromatase enzmes. In the long-term, the bad thing that might happen is that the body would simply produce more aromatase enzymes which would be detrimental.

For Nolva/Clomid, they block the estrogen receptors and also have a higher affinity for the estrogen receptors than estrogen does. So your body is tricked into thinking there is not enough estrogen and produces more testosterone (and possibly more aromatase enzymes) to compensate. I think these two would be most viable for long-term usage.

NZT-49

This is why it is important to have blood work done once in a while. If one is using Aromasin long-term and off-cycle in an attempt to increase testosterone and decrease estrogen, then it is certainly possible (and likely) you can tank your estrogen especially if ones natural test levels are low and normal "Asin" doses are used.

However, if one has normal to high natural testosterone levels, then a low dose of 6.25mg/day or perhaps EOD would bring ones Test/Estro ratio to ideal levels for bodybuilding or aesthetic purposes. Who would not want low water retention, a veinier appearance, and potentially higher libido all year round? This is someting that I plan on trying soon.

tburns1469

I have heard of lot of people running Nolvadex off cycle. For some reason I remember something about Ronnie doing it.

D

dolfanshan

Adex while on trt would just be a waste of money brother IMO. Save your adex for a blast when it is needed. Estrogen plays a vital role in your sex drive and immune system. It's not something to play with unless your e2 levels are out of whack like they can get while blasting. 

D

Dont_trip

Its good to have on hand...Look at your bloodwork and see where your estrogen is if its high try .25 e3d the half life of adex is 48-72 Dont quote me on that =) just remember try 2 never tank your estro

The ai dose Is for of course if your cruising and have high estrogen if your blasting you might need to up it to .50 eod

D

dolfanshan

If you're cruising IMO it should be at a level on the high end or just above normal test levels. If that's the case your estrogen levels should be normal or slightly elevated. I cruise to keep my levels at the high end of normal test levels to allow my body to get a break from some of the negative affects of aas. Like restoring my blood pressure and good and bad cholesterol levels to normal levels for an extended period of time. In theory if test levels are normal estro will also be normal which to me is why adex is a waste while cruising. In essence find your sweet spot with test while cruising to keep your bloods in an acceptable range.

NZT-49

Here's an informative post on why one does not get the alpha feeling from testosterone increases from SERM usage as opposed to testosterone injections.

http://patrickarnoldblog.com/serms-as-an-alternative-to-testosterone-rep...

Without getting too technical, the summary is that you can increase testosterone with long-term SERM usage, but you will not "feel" the higher amounts of testosterone. The author goes on to suggest that the long-term use of AI combined with D-Aspartic Acid can be an alternative to TRT treatment. It is my conjecture that DHEA can also be used instead of D-Asparitic Acid.

Personally, I am currently testing low dose Aromasin (6.25mg/day) combined with occasional SERM usage and have seen no resonable evidence that this would be ineffective or harmful for the long-term (I have done my research). I honestly feel pretty good from the elevated test levels and lowered estrogen levels. If I don't report back after a couple years, that means I'll have died from my experimenting. :)

D

Dont_trip

Should get blood work done to see where your estro is .....unless you have already then I will shut my mouth :)  do you have pre experiment bloods to compare results?

D

dolfanshan

That was gonna be my next question/comment, but you already did. How about a journal? Are you also keeping a daily journal?

NZT-49

I know I should get a blood test, but I did not. It's not an excuse, and I do not recommend anybody doing what I'm doing w/o proper blood tests. With that being said, I just "suspect" my estrogen levels are higher than normal because I have higher water retention and certainly drinking a 2~3 beers every day on average do not help in the estrogen department. Please, no lectures as my wife already does enough of that. I am trying to reduce drinking and smoking, yet work and family life (baby waking up 2~3 times a night) leaves me with only a few hours of sleep per day. Yes, I know I should reduce/eliminate drinking & smoking for a healthier body and mind.

I don't have health insurance now due to working for a foreign employer, but if I remember correctly my last test a few years ago when I was not taking anything or working out due to a torn labrum (shoulder dislocation), my testosterone was around 750 ng/dL and I can't remember my estrogen, but I remember the doc saying that is it was in the normal range slightly toward the high side. My cholesterol and everything else was in normal ranges.

If I get a chance, I'll stop everything for a few weeks and get a test. Then test again every half a year or so to make sure everything is as-planned. Anyways, I have no proof other than to say I "feel" better having slightly increased testosterone and decreased estrogen. So anyone reading this should take my opinion with a grain of salt and should not attempt what I'm doing w/o proper blood tests.