Can I Use Steroids Over 50

billyb

I want to know if it would wise to use steroids at 57 years old.My training is in check 3 days weights,3 days cardio and i still play basketball twice a week in the winter.I do work 3 shifts.I train at home.Gym is a pain 8 miles away when you work shifts.I finally got my eating in check 6 meals a day.Weight 200 Height 5' 11" 19% body fat.Supplements creatine 2 MRP protien drinks a day,ammino acids and a b-complex.I want to get my body fat down to at least 15% before starting a cycle.I was thinking for a first time cycle of Sustanon for 8 weeks at 250mg per week.As a pct clomid 2 weeks after my last injection for 3 weeks.
Clomid week10 100mg
week11 50 mg
week12 50mg
Should i use nolvadex starting at week 3 till the end at 25mg or 50mg.Any help would be greatly appreciated per day.I want to do this as safe as possible.

Thanks.

Semper Fi

If you are just getting back in - good starter here: https://musclegurus.to/forum/training-nutrition-and-diet/training/71887-awesome-read-for-all#comment-2326

Personally, I dropped my B-Complex.  It did nothing noticable for me.  BUT if you inject B-12 in high doses or take some 5,000mg Sublingual; you can DEFINATELY tell the difference in energy and appitite.  Read the bottom of that thread.  I take 500-900mg with every HCG, IGF, Melenantan 2 shot....whatever.  Works great for me, especially the energy and both types are pretty damn cheap :)

SF

milkin

Here’s my take on your question.

Only you can correctly answer that question since the answers depends on current health and what your goals are. Middle age, and I speak through experience, limits us physically which makes reaching certain goals seem more difficult. Sore joints, tendons, and past injuries that still haunt us are just a few of the physical deficiencies. Are you still able to push your body to the limit to achieve decent gains? Are you able to stick to a strict productive diet?  Often times guys end up making poor decisions to overcome for this and end up throwing all types of compounds in their bodies. IMO less is better then more. Yup, the less compounds you put in your body = the less there is for your body to process. Especially in middle aged bodies that have already processed god knows what via poor judgment or lack of knowledge.

Remember, our prostate stops developing in our twenties only to start growing again after the age of 40. You liver may have forgiven you for those wild ass parties back in college, but it’s not made of steel. Those days of feeling your head throb to the rhythm of your heartbeat from Dbol gave your heart a workout for sure. It’s best to think about what you are asking your body to process before dumping multiple compounds in it.  

With the correct diet, training, and a little help from the right compound(s), goals are within reach. But considering the use of high powered pro hormones should be well thought out first. IMO, the best scenario for a middle age man to cycle steroids is if he is already on TRT. Middle age men can benefit from TRT since our natural production starts to decline after the age of 40, sooner for others. So a TRT patient is at an advantage since he already has a cruise dosage in play and is required to give bloods 1-2 times a year by doc who also checks things like PSA levels, lipid panel, and T-levels.

I myself like to run blast cycles which consist of 8-10 weeks. ( I will however run a 16 week bulker on occasion but primarily stick to shorties) Why? Well long drown out 12-16 week cycles take far longer to recover from. 12-16 weeks of heavy lifting is far easier for a young man but tends to hinder performance in older gents so why not slam it in 2.5 months instead of 4 with short ester compounds like NPP and Prop along your cruise oil. Plus, if you are not on TRT you are looking at another month of PCT. Recovery is just easier with shorties.

With a doubt bloods are absolutely essential since they are a true snapshot of what’s going on inside your body. So my opinion/answer to your question is in turn another question.

Do you really need to run harsh compounds like Tren, Dbol, and adrol  to meet your goals ? Not sure if this really answered your question or not but I guess my point is as we age we tend to take more notice of our health, what we put in our bodies, and how we train. If we knew then what we know now we would not have done half the things we did so all we can do is just chalk it up to experience and move on the safest way we know how.

Semper Fi

Well said Milken,

I am a stubborn old Jar head and still feel the need to learn lessons the hard way but I always find your advice VERY SOUND.

Thanks and Cheers,

SF

breef

Hi Billy, I'm not a dr. but i've been dabling in steroids for about 8 years now. I turn 51 this month and I still use 250mg of test a month. I cycle once a year of about 750 test and 600 Deca for 12 weeks, then go back to what I call TRT of 250 sust once a month. 
When I did my first cycle I think I was about 20% body fat, but by the time I was done my first cycle of 500 sust, 300 Deca, I was down to about 12%. Point being, if you are going to give it a try, don't worry about the little excess fat you have now, your body will use it, and your first cycle is the best so don't waste it!!! If you are physically fit and no other health issues, i'd go for 500mg of sust, one on monday and one on thurdays. This keeps your blood levels much more level than once a week. Again, just my opinion. Biggest one is that your first cycle is the one where you make your best gains, don't waste it!
Hope this was of some help. I was not impressed with Clomid, it fucks with your emotions! At least it did mine and i've heard from others the same thing. Get some proviron.

Mat80's

Great info breef, I'm in my mid forties and have a few cycles behind me too.
I take a few supplements to help combat the negative sides. NOW makes a good prostate support supplement and I also take their Liver detoxifier. I test my liver and kidney functions once and awhile and so far I'm seeing good results. I'd say go easy on the orals,
stay under 6 weeks,don't go crazy with the mg's and you should be fine. Test E is hard to beat in my opinion.
Good luck, and keep training

lucas mc caine

hi guys im a 57 y.o.male and im going to my second cycle ,my first was really good with good gains ,so that was about 6 months ago so now im thinking on a second on ,nothing outrageous just sust 250 and deca ,mondays and thursdays ,my pct  consists of  nolva and clomid ,proviron ,but i will not use them all ,just to be on the safe side .

siegmund

What was your first cycle ?? If you use the DECA ,what precautions ,you taking to combat prolactin sides , and what's your ai, and what did you use for ai first cycle ,, I ask these 2nd cycle I think is to early for DECA , but be careful with DECA ,,it bites bro and its very real

siegmund

OK I'd be very careful WITH THE DECA BRO AND DO A LITTLE RESEARCH ON PROLACTIN SIDES,,,ITS REALLY NEEDS TO BE RESPECTED NEED ANY MORE INFO JUST HOLLOR AT ME AND ILL HELP YOU ,LET ME KNOW BRO

lucas mc caine

Monday my scheduled day to start my next / maybe last cycle depending on how it goes,i got my pct ,plus my provi,and prami is on its way,

but somehow i cant seem to just stab myself ,im overthinking everything ,has anybody had this feeling or is it just jitters? ill post some updates 

siegmund

Its a mind thing ,bro I get sick of it at times ,my once a week ,trt dose is driving me nuts ,but I'm in process of going ed pins ,,see I know my trt is medicine ,,when on cycle its different ,when the prov and tren and prop start flowing in my veins ,I'll be waking up thinking about pinning ,,and not to mention beast mode ,,you'll be alright 

lucas mc caine

Made a mistake posting ( posted same thing twice) sorry bout that, anyways ,just got back from gym ,and definetly was my mind playing head games but work out was great ,i suppose nothing to do with me starting cycle or nothing .im sure,so besides a great workout everything the same,ill keep on posting ,now to eat and sleep for a  couple hours. later guys

Semper Fi

Truly is a mind fuck......... 

Needles truly fucked with my head (Personal reasons) but after about the 4th PIN ...... No biggie anymore :)

bigbadbear2014

I agree with the guys about your health upfront....get your blood work done. I am 52 and I been doing gear since I was in my 30's.  I been lifting seriously since 1982....I had low T around 50 years old and doc put me on test cyp (I hadn't cycled in 3 years when I got tested). But anyway that opened my door back up to running cycles again.  I don't get crazy but I go medium cause I am working my way back up....my avatar is me from behind.  Get checked, make sure your body can handle it and keep training hard and keep up your nutrition and I personally think you will be fine.