Celery Seed Benefits

jasonking92

Hi guys I have had my blood pressure go up to 160 possibly due to a supplement I was taking I stopped taking it and my blood pressure lowered.

But Its far from perfect level so I have been looking around for things I can take to help keep it under more control. So I had a look through the forums on here and found a HAWTHORN,works for some so I ordered some 2500mg one a day capsules.

I then had a read through the web for more natural stuff I found many including super garlic, beetroot extracts, Pycnogenol, and a few others.

But the one that caught my eye was CELERY SEED 1000mg capsules. 

For the following Celery Seed Benefits,

Reduces blood pressure

Has anti-spasmodic properties 

Helps relieve muscle spasms 

Improves appetite 

Provides relief from pain related to arthritis

Good for gout and kidney problems

Acts as a diuretic,

antioxidant, 

and acts as a mild sedative,

Reducing blood pressure is my main goal but as this also acts as a diuretic expelling excessive water from your system. This in its self can lower blood pressure if i remember correct.

But also in theory this should this also help with muscle definition?. Then there is the added benefit of it being an antioxidant so good on the liver etc.

The improved appetite would be a benefit to a lot of people who struggle to get the correct amount of food intake.

and finally if this does also act as a mild sedative this could also be a benefit to people who struggle with sleep as we all know how important good rest is to bodybuilding.

I have ordered some to see if this will work for any of the listed benefits. And I will keep you updated in about a month to see if these do indeed provide any of the listed benefits.

strong

Funny, I love celery and use celery seed in my Salads. I was amazed over this winter when I googled "Health benefits of celery" Google it up and check it out.... For me, I'm always looking for Inflammation reduction foods or supplements. This falls under that category...

jasonking92

L-arginine apparently is good for fighting inflammation also there is some links on my other thread

https://musclegurus.to/forum/womens-area/diet-and-nutrition/131385-l-arginine#comment-99733

Titanings

yea I like to take something called blockade while I am on cycle. It gives all kinds of good stuff like milk thistle, hawthorne, coq10, and more and is awesome stuff for the price!

https://www.strongsupplementshop.com/blockade-on-cycle-defense-by-assault-labs/

strong

Yes sir. I take my aminos. Optimum nutrition brand. Turmeric w/ curcumin, vitamin C. If it reduces inflammation its for me...

SemperFi

From my experience we spend more money of OTC supplements than we do on PED's. Just be cautious that you don't get caught up in the supplement rabbit hole because it goes deep and doesn't stop until the well has been drained dry.

We each have special needs or certain circumstances that a specific supplement might be helpful but just be cautious not to follow the masses because the industry is specifically designed to suck you in and keep feeding off your hard earned money.

You are what you eat and I am learning that the majority of OTC supplements are unnecessary... K.I.S.S ;)

SEMPER FI

Titanings

I agree semper! Here a while back I stopped and looked at everything I was taking and was like holy shit what am I doing here.....where is the food instead of supplements and how much am I spending?!?! I was taking pre workout, post workout, protein, bcaa's, creatine and like 5 other things just to go to the gym, not including all the other stuff I was taking daily.....was crazy. So now its preworkout, bcaa's, and protein before and after gym. Cut everything else down to vitamin, fish oil, and osteo biflex. Decided I was just going to stick with the essentials, and focus on better food and less supplements. Cuz in the end there is a reason they call it a supplement!

jasonking92

Just as an update after approx a week of using the celery seed extract 1000mg 1 a day. I have noted a lot less water retention. less stomach bloating. got rid of my  headaches. But most of all my blood pressure has dropped from 150-155 down to 134-138 not bad results so far. I will update again soon if I note any more benefits or if symptoms return .

jasonking92

Well its been 11 days of taking the celery seed extract there is the benefit of less bloating and slightly lower blood pressure ect.

But it is drying me out too much. I take deca creatine and cod liver oil to ease joint aches and it worked wonders but the Diuretic effects (expelling excess water) seems to be counter acting the creatine and the extra joint lubing effects from the deca. The joint aches have been getting worse for a few days even to the point it is affecting my sleep. In the interest of my fellow lifters I will give it one more week of the celery seed extract to see if things level out. If they do not I will stop taking it and give it another week to see if things go back to normal.  will keep you all updated.

jasonking92

Your welcome jarhead. I think its important for members to give as much info as possible in small on going steps. To help others see what the possible effects and side effects of different products including supplements may have. As they have there uses for some people but not for all. Like my self and many of us here we are older lifters and we often need a little extra help in our joint care. Which intern helps us avoid injury and also ease pains related with compound lifting. The more info we can get out there on even the basic supplements will give better advice and understanding to others but above all safer options for the current and future members.  

jasonking92

Last update after another week on the celery seed 1000mg extract.  The pains in my joints did not improve. So I stopped taking them and with in 2 days. The pains in my joints and tendons was completely gone again. This leads me to the conclusion that  for me the Diuretic effects (water expelling) does indeed counter act the the water retention benefits from creatine. And the extra joint lubing effects from the deca. So if your joints are in good order and you want to reduce your total water body retention. Then celery seed extract could be for you. If you do suffer with mild aches in your joints and tendons then taking celery seed extract may do more harm than good. But as with all things it will be trail and error on an individual person basis.