Clavicle worries maybe a tendon

Littleyokes

so for the last few weeks I've been having this weird ass pain that goes From the tendon running down the front of right side of my neck down to my clavicle and from there following my clavicle over to my right front deltoid muscle. I had X-rays done they said it was not a fracture or anything like that that they can see. so I'm curious as to if any of you guys have had anything like this happen to you. it usually hurts the most after I train upper chest. I've also notice I have what looks to be a deeper muscle cut shooting from the the middle of my upper chest where both clavicles meet and goes over to the lower part of my front delt. Any ideas fellas and gals. I'm kinda clueless on this one. 

SemperFi

When you were describing your neck pain the first thing that came to mind was cervical stenosis but the description of the upper check pain would not necessarily fit cervical stenosis but its not impossible.

MRI of the neck and spine is the only solid way to diagnose this condition.

Any cramping in the neck? weakness in your grip? tingling down your arm? These would all be signs of a nerve problem.

SEMPER FI

Littleyokes

Nah no tingling or anything like that. Just kinda like a pinching of the muscle or tendon kinda. ok So here's the only way I can describe the pain. If you were to pinch the tendons on the back of your knee  " pinching only one of them now both" that's the kinda of pain it feels like. It happened when I was camping and the little parking barriers that keep ya from driving up into the camp ground. Well I was doing wide grip push-ups on it and I over did my range of motion. Kinda made a grinding click when I did it. So I stopped but it really didnt bother me at that time. It seems to get more and more painful. When doing military presses or more than 60degree inclines. 

Littleyokes

if you look at my most recent pic posted. The money symbol   on my right shoulder "my wife did that little tat for me" lol but anyway from right there over to where the clavicles join  Literally straight across thru that area. It's A really little rat so you gotta zoom in to see it lol

SemperFi

Ouch.

I think it is safe to rule out any nerve problems in the neck. I would lean more towards soft tissue injury of some sort. You need to rest it, increase your anti-inflammatories as needed and use warm compresses to increase healing blood flow to the area.

I know you are getting ready to jump on cycle so reevaluate the situation when the time comes and DO NOT do anything that will results further injury.

Keep us up to date.

SEMPER FI

calmb4dastorm

SF, this sounds like possible soft tissue injury. Yokes, when training upper chest, take note of head positioning and pay attention to whether or not you are using the neck to offset and alleviate resistance. It is very easy to use the neck without noticing it. I have had similar issues until i realized what I was doing. Ever since i made a conscious effort to make sure i sm lifting my weight using  proper form and activating the pecs directly, i have not experienced that pulling sensation in my collarbone and neck. Keep us posted darling!  

Hades

Agreed with everyone above. Sounds like a soft tissue tear or even possibly a fiber tear that is pinching a nerve. This happened to me when I tore my left pec.

Dolf

Meloxicam is a good anti inflammatory without a pain killer in it. That way when you think it's healed a painkiller won't mask pain. That way you can tell very quickly if it's not completely healed and can stop before further injury. If it doesn't feel right don't do it!