Clean Bulking diet

JesseTX

Hello mg fam.
I'd like to start out saying that I really am not very good when it comes to counting calories and macros.
I am 43...I work out quite a bit but don't follow a strict program.
I eat semi-clean, and would have no problem restricting my diet further once I can get a good game play laid out.
I am trying as of now to get myself into the 220-225# range. Currently fluctuating at 205-200#.
I am 5-9. Not sure what my body fat is but it's not terrible.
I eat a lot. But I need to clean up much diet some and balance macros better.
One of my favorite simple meal preps is simple ass lentils and rice.
Need se more ideas that aren't super complicated.

HighTechRedneck

I use the myfitnesspal app, it's free and has a database of everything I've eaten all the nutrition facts on it. Tracks macros and calories. If you pay for it you can get the barcode scanner option and just scan the shit you eat. Hope that helps or were you looking for meal plans?

bobby ricky

Hello mg fam.
I'd like to start out saying that I really am not very good when it comes to counting calories and macros.
I am 43...I work out quite a bit but don't follow a strict program.
I eat semi-clean, and would have no problem restricting my diet further once I can get a good game play laid out.
I am trying as of now to get myself into the 220-225# range. Currently fluctuating at 205-200#.
I am 5-9. Not sure what my body fat is but it's not terrible.
I eat a lot. But I need to clean up much diet some and balance macros better.
One of my favorite simple meal preps is simple ass lentils and rice.
Need se more ideas that aren't super complicated.
I’m currently eating once a day maybe twice.
I’m currently doing a recomp. On Friday I eat from morning till about 5 pm and I eat all I want all day on Friday. This Friday it’s street tacos and I’ll probably eat 20 of them. I don’t ever count anything at all.
I’m on steroids and I can gain muscle in a deficit because when I sleep my body is still eating.
It’s eating my love handles and chest fat and abdominal fat. When I do eat once a day I eat as much food as possible in that one meal.
My one meal
Three bananas blended into shake with almond milk.
Bed of jasmine rice covered in shredded chicken breast with some kind of vegetables.
That pretty much covers my day to day.
I’ve cut out all junk shit food this last week.
Keeping my sugar on the low side is definitely working for me. I’ve never had crazy abs but I want them so bad.

unclem

I’m currently eating once a day maybe twice.
I’m currently doing a recomp. On Friday I eat from morning till about 5 pm and I eat all I want all day on Friday. This Friday it’s street tacos and I’ll probably eat 20 of them. I don’t ever count anything at all.
I’m on steroids and I can gain muscle in a deficit because when I sleep my body is still eating.
It’s eating my love handles and chest fat and abdominal fat. When I do eat once a day I eat as much food as possible in that one meal.
My one meal
Three bananas blended into shake with almond milk.
Bed of jasmine rice covered in shredded chicken breast with some kind of vegetables.
That pretty much covers my day to day.
I’ve cut out all junk shit food this last week.
Keeping my sugar on the low side is definitely working for me. I’ve never had crazy abs but I want them so bad.
me & you are so much alike bobby, i eat the same way but i eat everyday but only 3 times a day .

bobby ricky

me & you are so much alike bobby, i eat the same way but i eat everyday but only 3 times a day .
I’m always messing with my diet. Not so much what I eat but when I eat it. Pre post and where I put carbs and shit like that.

bobby ricky

guess you've also avoided all types of liquid calories too?
Just water, always start drinking in morning and try to get one gallon in per day. The only other thing I ever drink is one beer at night. It was 2 beers per night but on last cycle it was causing water retention issues so I cut it down to one😂

JesseTX

Those are interesting diet tips.
I was making nice progress but seem a bit stalled out...not gaining much and it seems I am getting more love handle and back fat but not in most other places.
I don't eat as clean as I need to be, and it's mostly financial constraint....I can't afford a lot of lean protein and prices keep climbing.

JesseTX

My Saturday breakfast is one of my biggest.
It's protein pancakes with extra protein- two scoops of powdered peanutbutter= 20g protein.
Grits with 2 scoops of protein = 9g protein.
4 whole eggs= 24g protein

Not sure on all the other macro counts but easily figured out.

Everything is cooked with cinnamon in it.
I tried to share a picture but it's too large to post....a feature I think needs to be adjusted

JesseTX

4.5 g of protein per scoop? usually they offer 25-30 g of protein per scoop
What it is my man is the poseder peanutbutter has 6g protein per 2 tablespoons.
One serving of grits has 3g protein in itself so I add 2 scoops and get 9g protein.

I add 2 scoops of powdered peanutbutter to almost everything....protein shake, grits, oatmeal, pancakes.

JesseTX

ooh i got it. i thought you were using protein powder
Well, I did for some reason say 2 scoops of protein and not powdered peanutbutter. 🤷‍♂️
What do you think of the breakfast?
My normal breakfast is just a serving of oatmeal and 6 eggs.
Sometimes I will use 3 eggs and add egg whites to equal the same volume as 6 whole eggs. This morning I just used 6 whole eggs.

unclem

iam on cholesterol lowering medication due to bad cholesterol have you got your's checked jesse.?