Cleaning The Liver

SweetSavage

I totally should have posted my liver love here. I put it on some guys question about orals.... ANYWAY, ok my loves, carbs generate fat deposits in the liver. Keep em low! Probiotics keep your intestinal flora in check, thereby aiding the fight against fatty liver. DID YOU KNOW; the body has GOOD bacteria, when you take an antibiotic, you KILL both the good and the bad. NAC(N-acetylcysteine) is the MOST protective to the liver. Phosphatidylcholine even protects the liver against excessive ALCOHOL(what what!!) Alpha lipoic acid has reversed liver damage! Curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory, helps fight fatty liver. Dandelion tea helps the liver move out bile, natural detox!  BE CAREFUL WITH MILK THISTLE!!!! MILK THISTLE DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE!! ALSO, MILK THISTLE PROTECTS THE LIVER BY AIDING IN BREAKDOWN OF TOXINS, IF YOU TAKE ANY MEDS NORMALLY FOR HEALTH REASONS, THE MILK THISTLE WILL ALSO BREAK THESE DOWN, MEANING YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR MEDICATIONS FULL BENEFITS!! CT scan is the way to go! All of the items listed above are available at walmart, walgreens, cvs, etc. 

Love Love Love

strong

Thanks Savage. I take NAC and Liv52 for liver protection. I also saw that you recommend Curcumin. I take a supplement Turmeric with Curcumin. It helps fight inflammation in the body. Inflammation is the root to all disease. This is the first I've seen anyone else speak of it...

M

MoreCowbell

Is liver "fat" reflected in common liver function tests? What is the connection to AST (aspartate transaminase), also known as SGOT (serum glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase), and ALT, (alanine transaminase) also known as SGPT (serum glutamic-pyruvic transaminase). Together the AST and ALT will tell if there is liver tissue damage or inflammation.

Also we have Alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin.

Where does liver "fat" fall into this analysis? 

I do know that ALT is more specific to liver damage than AST. I have read that it is not unusual to find mild elevations (up to 2 times normal) of AST and ALT. I get full labs every 6 months. My enzymes are typically slightly out of range. High intensity training will do that. I am only on HRT (300 mg test/week). I also take other medications which may impact the liver. I ask because I have pharm anavar and winstrol I want to take. It will be 3 months before I get labs again, so I am guessing in regards to the impact on my liver. I am thinking of only running 20 mgs var a day and 12 mgs Winstrol. Very low dosage but I still get results.  Thanks!

SemperFi

Love the username MoreCowbell!

I am not an expert in this area but from my limited knowledge most blood tests are not sensitive enough to really measure liver disease such as fatty liver disease. The liver function test that are typically ran as far as I know can only show low, normal or elevated levels of enzyme activity that has leaked into the blood when liver cells are damaged and actually doesn't measure liver function in a highly sensitive way. Depending on the results of ALT, AST, ALP, GGT, etc. gives physicians some educated information for what could actually be causing the elevated levels. I just do not think there is a specific blood test to determine fatty liver. Further testing is required to actually measure the health of the liver through the use of imaging such as an MRI and/or CAT scan.

We do have a member, Apex, who works in this field so maybe he will pipe in if another member who knows more does not.

There has been some research concerning low doses of anavar (20mg/ED) in older men ran for periods as long as 20 weeks without significant elevated liver enzymes. It is a great benefit that your body is sensitive in such low doses to winny and var.

SEMPER FI

M

MoreCowbell

Semper,

Thoughtful post. Like you, I was not aware of any connection between fatty liver and enzyme levels from standard tests. I actually started poking around a bit, and it seems that ALT can be a good predictor of lipid/liver problems. I will do some reading.

In regards to liver "protectors" the only thing that works for me is......wait for it....wait for it....

More Cowbell!

SemperFi

I got more curious as well and this is what I found concerning fatty liver (alcohol and non-alcohol related)-

If your GGT is above 100, and your ALT is less than 80 and your ALP is above 200 or if your GGT is above 100, and your ALT is above 80 and your ALP is less than 200 could indicate fatty liver disease. This does support your findings concerning ALT.

The following tests are generally recommended-

• If the liver enzymes are only slightly elevated and there are no physical signs of liver disease, blood tests for liver function can be done every 6 months. If the liver function does not deteriorate and the patient remains well there is no need for liver biopsy. The liver function blood test should continue to be checked every 6 months.
  •  An ultrasound scan of the liver should probably be done every year.

If the liver continues to deteriorate a liver biopsy is recommended.

I use Tudca and NAC on a regular basis (TRT and on cycle) for my personal liver protection. More cowbell does provide me with some mental protection but actual physical manifestations are still undetermined. ;)

SEMPER FI

M

MoreCowbell

fat intake or the impact of oral steroids on the liver. Diet and reasonable dosages are still critical. 

OK, so I have been doing a bit of poking around. ALT (also called SGPT) is the enzyme that is most closely related to fatty liver. Also, dietary fat is a cause of fatty liver. The bodybuilding community and medical community have learned that the low fat dietary obsessions  of decades past were misguided. Fat is not the enemy we thought it was and a healthy diet should have 30% of calories from fat, as long as the bulk of those calories were healthy fats. I know of some people who go 50% fat and low carbs. I also know people who eat a high level of "unhealthy" fat. I myself eat a lot of red meat and other unhealthy fat, as my cholesterol is low (triglycerides are a touch on the high side) and I am a high intensity cardio freak.

What does all this mean? I may want to think about backing off my fat intake a bit. That is after I eat the lb of new York steak I am about to cook, lol. Also, I must limit my oral steroid intake.

So, back to the OP's original post: Here is how all this breaks down. Diet, particularly fats and carbohydrates have a crucial impact upon the liver. This fact is especially critical for those of us who like to take orals. Furthermore, liver support WILL NOT MAKE UP FOR DIET AND ORAL USE. I wish it would, but it won't. Yes, there is emerging evidence in the medical community that liver support does actually help, but not enough to ignore the role of diet and the impact of 17 aa oral steroids.

M

MoreCowbell

SemperFi said:
</p><p>I got more curious as well...</p><p>I use Tudca and NAC on a regular basis (TRT and on cycle) for my personal liver protection. More cowbell does provide me with some mental protection but actual physical manifestations are still undetermined. ;)</p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p>
</p><p>Your gonna want that Cow Bell!!</p><p> </p>

ddan678

Turmeric helps regenerate liver cells and cleanse it of toxins.

It also has other benefits:

• supports a healthy inflammatory response, both every day and after a workout;
  • maintains healthy levels of triglycerides (a type of lipid) in the blood;
  • supports normal bile production in the liver;
  • naturally stimulates the liver, as a bitter herb;
  • supports digestion of fats by promoting healthy function of the gallbladder, whose enzymes are essential for breaking down that macronutrient;
  • supports a healthy response to occasional pain;
  • supports the production of proteins that naturally regulate immune cells;
  • helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels already within normal ranges;
  • supports the body’s natural detoxification pathways;
  • promotes healthy cardiovascular function;
  • helps support healthy neurological function;

Zewi

This thread is important. Can't say it enough. Protect your liver. Great read.

Dont do fucking dumbs ass Orals like taking Dbol for 12 weeks or Abombs..lol just had to say it.. and the dumbass on cycle doing orals and still Dink...lol that's all just wanted a laugh..

But yes protect that baby!!!