cognitive-enhancing effects of a.a.s

ESmetalhead

There are many reported positive and negative mental sides for steroids and they vary so much from person to person.  I Thought this was interesting enough to share. 

Chronic administration of androgens with actions at estrogen receptor beta have anti-anxiety and cognitive-enhancing effects in male rats.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2693730/

Dolf

Excellent study +3 ES!

How's the anxiety going and have you ever used proviron before?

blastthru23

I can certainly attest to testosterone's positive effect on depression, and i have to say that my cognitive acuity is much greater than pre-gear use. I'm a clandestine lab/gym rat I guess... I found it interesting that the article mentions DHT as I have noticed a tangible mood elevation whenever I run a DHT derivative such as masteron or primo, even better when I'm running stanolone, whewy that stuff is veritable rocket fuel for cognitive enhancement.

+2 :)

ESmetalhead

Thanks Blast, I was reading a thread elsewhere so many people suffer from depression and anxiety and the effects of gear was so varied some helped some made it worse.  Tren seemed to be the worst and Test seemed to be the best.  The rest were so varied and unpredictable person to person.   I've seen some anecdotal reports of degraded memory from Deca but also improvements in depression in others. 

ESmetalhead

I'm feeling much better I'm back to just my usual paranoia lol  I've not used proviron or AI's before this recent misadventure

blastthru23

I'm actually noticing a little bit problems with short term memory, it's kind of a "spacing shit out" experience lately,

JdDaniel01

I really haven’t. Other than that asshole reflex being a little closer to the surface, ive never really had any type of negative reactions. I always run fairly conservative doses. I rarely raise my test above 500/wk. The only negative I’ve ever had was this past spring cycle, but there were other factors at play. Right as I was coming off of my Tren, my mental health doc switched my led doses up a little and the two of those together really threw me for a loop. Wasn’t very pretty, and to be totally honest, it took a couple of conversations with the homies here on MG to pull me out of it. I Can’t blame that on the gear, it was just a perfect storm. I think the key to minimizing the negatives is to find your individual sweet spot dosagewise and sticking with it. It’s easy to get cocky mid cycle and start wanting to push a little more oil, but I truly feel that’s the main avenue for the trouble to creep in. 

blastthru23

I haven't really experienced any negative reactions, I mean, I may get a little punchy, or more assertive/aggressive at times, but nothing on par with "roid rage". More often, I find myself being able to handle otherwise challenging situation with more tact, and understanding, whereas pre-gear usage, my decision-making tended to be more destructive, angry, or not well thought out. Tren, even at higher than "normal" dosages, doesn't have any adverse effects, though I am certain I have just wasted gear; the property of diminished returns. However, when I was running drol, I did notice that at the end of two weeks, I felt more aggressive than usual, and a little impatient, but that is it.