Competing MMA

R

ruxgear

Are there any active members here currently using MMA training techniques or actively competing in mixed martial arts at any level?

R

ruxgear

Wanted to know if there are any other members besides myself who train or compete in mixed martial arts.

Since our training is much different that many here I thought those who do or want to learn more may join together. Even if it was just peaked interest. ;)

SemperFi

Eagle has landed Rux....

I think I can take you and I'm old.

Saw your last fight.... what kind of playground crap was that! ;)

SEMPER FI

R

ruxgear

LOL

Wear your glasses next time. Who was standing at the end?

Dolf

Hey rux as I said before I'm always looking to increase my knowledge to help others in the future. This is a topic I'm interested in and would like to try on my next cutting cycle, so I'm definitely game. Being 70kbs heavier than I was years ago and much older I've lost flexibility and speed. I was just thi king the other day that this type training might get some of that back for me. 

Dolf

Nothing like a cocky ass old jarhead who thinks he can still whip the world lol

Lime the Toby Keith song says....I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

R

ruxgear

For quickness and pure explosive power I highly recommend adding plyometrics to your routine. ie. decline pushups/clap on the up movement. Adding at least 2 plyo routines per week to weight training will provide most people with excellent results. I recommend 72 hours rest between sessions for beginners and as you adapt reduce it to 48 hours. It might not give you the old world speed you had but you certainly should see improvements in quickness and reaction time. Great cutter as well.

Incorporate an intensive stretching program on a daily basis (5-8 minutes), even off days. 

R

ruxgear

Drop push

Front box jump

Heavy bag thrust

Jump lunge

Jump Squat

Medicine ball chest pass

Medicine ball scoop throw

Medicine ball overhead slam

Mountain climbers

Sledge hammer swings

Supine chest throw

Bench jump

Do a standard push up but explode on the up move and see how far you can get your hands off the ground. Once you gain confidence in this move you can incorporate a traveling pushup.

Dolf

Thanks rux...I'm familar with several of these from my Army days. I'm about to start a bulk and try to reach my long strived for goal of a 400lb bench, but afterwards I'm gonna do some strength and conditioning type training and will hit you up for a training program.