Contest 3/24/2018

calmb4dastorm

I have grown accustomed to logging my contest prep here so this should not vome as a surprise. Lol. D-DAY September 30th. I plan to layout my training regimen and diet. I will take the best Calm I can be to the stage and have a good time. As always, no expectations. It's been a rough two months since last show, but such is life--for me at least. 

This is not a coached prep. Most of you know my coach passed away 9 days before my last show. So i will be doing this thing on my own... Again. I have been working on my lagging areas: hamstrings, abs...calves, well...i have​ been in a darn cam boot for the past couple of weeks due to excruciating pain in left foot where my big toe is screwed into place. No fracture though. Doc wants me off it for 6 to 8 weeks...so calves are a hard area to work..harder.

My focus for this prep is to hone in on definition. This comp will be my birthday gift to myself; it occurs 7 werks after i turn 40!!! And i am considering doing another 4 weeks later just to see if i can.

Happy gains!

blastthru23

Sweet! Let's get this party started! You know I'll be following this closely, and I am excited to see where this round takes you :)

B

Burrr

Always great following your contest prep! I am so proud of you and your dedication is an inspiration.

calmb4dastorm

Friday I have an appointment for myofascial release to be performed on my legs. It's an hour long first session and I have not had it done before. 

I hit legs Saturday with hamstring focused movements. It took 4 days for soreness to dissipate. I will train quads on Sunday. Then hit hammies again Wednesday, Tuesday if I'm not sore. 

Cruising on 100mg weekly of Cyp. Cycle commences June 1st...NPP 150 mg week..EQ 100mg week. Preservation of lean mass is the goal. I realize I will not grow much size this prep. I want to bring a more defined physique. Abs and calves are coming along with 3xweek training. Chest and back trained together twice a week. Legs twice weekly. Everything else..trained once.

Timing is everything!

strong

Calm, I've known you for 1-1/2 years and its been a pleasure.... You know what you have to do. Do it in a fun free way. I look forward to seeing your new sculpture....

Ambsoph

Awesome and good luck. I have actually been thinking about a early fall show myself. We will see though Because I have not done one yet. But I love seeing and following other ladies prep. Again good luck!!! Post lots of pics.

calmb4dastorm

The hammies were worked on Friday and could feel some pulling/tightness in them during the process. Afterwards, the legs felt so very light. As if I had been wearing ankle weights and removed them. I will have a second session Wednesday. 

calmb4dastorm

It's more like constant applied pressure (as much as i can tolerate in each area). Once the pressure is applied to my threshold, I perform what's almost a leg curl then relax. It's repeated 3 times each leg. Sounds easy enough, but whew! Not. Lol. Yesterday I had my quads done as well....it really feels more like a workout than massage.

calmb4dastorm

16 weeks out now. Had a stomach virus that reared it's ugly head this past Thursday. Missed a couple of days of training but felt better by Saturday and have able to train since.  i felt like stir fried shit, and anything i attempted to drink or eat went through me.. i was famished and simply exhausted. Even found myself in tears because i was so very hungry, but scared to eat..All is well that ends well. 

Choosing music, or shall i say, trying to. I have my choices narrowed down to 4 songs. Posing to each one daily to try to find the right one...

There's such an overwhelming sense of calm right now... ;-)