Creatine making me go

BostonMuscle

Has anyone else had a problem with creatine making them go to the bathroom. I go to the bathroom every few mins for about two hours after taking it. It is driving me up a wall! I'm talking about number one btw. It has never happened to me before, until this off season. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!  

BostonMuscle

Someone told me to eat Cranberries. What do u think of that? Maybe the sugar will help stop me from going so much. idk...

milkin

Oh hell yes B.Muscle, I piss constantly. Research indicates that the creatine compound (composition) itself will not induct urination and most people simply induce more water subconsciously. Thus leasing to more pissing. I beg to differ with this because I too piss constantly while on creatine. Must put strain on the kidneys somehow.

Steviejones

Yeah the same thing happened to me. Had to go for a pee like every couple hours so this was obviously a problem for me. Not touched it since and not planning on it either. Me and creatine are done. Besides i didnt see or feel changes on it tbh

Amazonjames

I had that problem while using it, and by coincidence while I was last using it I had a blood test.

The blood test come back with extraordinarily high levels of creatinine in my system.

Turns out that the vast majority of the creatine we take turns to creatinine. 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/creatinine

Creatinine is a toxic substance which is filtered by the kidneys and excreted through urine. Hence constantly needing to go.

Apparently taking creatine capsules can help the body to absorb more creatine and produce less creatinine, but when we use the basic monohydrate powder, a significant percentage of the creatine already turns into creatinine in the water before we have even started drinking it.

Or so I have read anyway.

I am no scientist so I can only speak from personal experience, but I can tell you categorically that I was only using 5 grams of creatine once per day, and I didn't even do a loading phase, and my creatinine levels on a blood test were through the roof, so I stopped taking it, and the levels went down pretty much immediately.

My next blood test was 3 weeks later and my results were fine.

I haven't taken it since.

ashop

I've seen the same exact thing in blood work through numerous clients. Not uncommon.

jasonking92

old post but wanted to add to I have been taking creatine for about two years 5g a day my blood works show high creatine levels but this is not a sign your having kidney problems. one of the things they look for when testing blood is high levels of creatine as an indicator that there is problems with kidneys as soon as you inform them your on creatine supps they can take this into account and often leads to normal results as for increase in passing of urine its hard to tell as I drink so much extra water i pee all day and night lol

BobbyO190

Hi Jason! Good to see you....yeah I have taken Creatine pretty steady for years and I like the product.   I got talking into dropping it a few months ago and in 3-4 weeks I had almost more muscle size loss than when I go off cycle.  And I have a small bladder so I piss constantly anyway thus I can't tell a difference either.

Still it's not that important. If you don't like how it makes you feel dump it, if your like me and you enjoy it then drink away. It's proven to be a pretty solid and safe supplement.

jasonking92

Totally agree I did not use it for the week i was in hospital and lost at least half an inch in muscle size as with all supps they are not suited to everyone its all trial and error.

S

supps

High Creatinine is bad, it means your kidneys are not doing so good... Creatine is a suppliment... they are two different things, although is almost spelled the same way...lol

Amazonjames

The thing with creatine is that while you're on it you gain and keep about 5 kg of water retention.

Then when you come off it you lose that 5kg and look quite a bit smaller.

But you haven't really lost any muscle. Just the water in it. You can get that back anytime you want within a week by taking creatine again.

ashop

milkin said:
</p><p>Oh hell yes B.Muscle, I piss constantly. Research indicates that the creatine compound (composition) itself will not induct urination and most people simply induce more water subconsciously. Thus leasing to more pissing. I beg to differ with this because I too piss constantly while on creatine. Must put strain on the kidneys somehow.</p><p>
</p><p> </p><p>CREATINE has always gave me an upset stomach and mild diarrhea. Urinating though has not been an issue though, I misread the initial post.</p>