Cycle Logs

SemperFi

I don't get it.....

Why spend all that energy and time posting a cycle log if you are not going to spend a few minutes every week or so to provide updates?

Keeping accurate progress records is an important aspect to achieve what we want to accomplish. 

Could this be a symptom to many of our failures and our lack of discipline being publicly displayed????

SEMPER FI

Dolf

I think many create them just for info from others who are more experienced to seek guidance in tweaking it, and don't realize it's also a useful tool for updates to assist them in the future.

I

icdeadlifters

X2...... Its also beneficial to the src and others if we update our cycles..... And most of all... It shows the respect of the member to update.

Zewi

that is correct, makes you wonder how their cycle really is going, and their diet. I say its shit and the missed out between 25-50% gains. 

blastthru23

Laziness and lack of discipline are quite coextensive aside from possible nuances implied in language that may create subtle distinctions. Then, of course, there's one's priorities, and personal habits that have to become established as routine. Finally, there is how one's commitment to the MG community and their level of desired involvement. Guess, the philosophy degree is creeping in again 

Dolf

No brother blast you're correct. It's their level of desired involvement. Some here are givers while others are takers just like out in the real world, but it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

M

Mister A

The Semper Fi needs the wolf and the sheep, for he feeds on both.

blastthru23

Interesting that there are often more takers than givers. Those who give need the takers, like a wolf needs sheep. Takers think they are feeding like the wolf, but, more often than not, they are just picking scraps from the bones of the wolf's kill.

Dolf

I also think whether you're a giver or a taker here reflects the type of person you are in the real world. Besides trying learn and grow myself I also enjoy helping others in real life. I get a certain satisfaction out of it. The time and money that has gone into building these sites, and the people who have self experimented, and put in so much time and effort helping other learn from their mistakes deserves to be appreciated, and I do that by helping others as they helped me. Pay it forward! 

darkvorg

there are also times where life just happens and people don't come online if life gets hectic! discoursging to see how quickly one is to assume laziness or an lack of work ethic just based off of a forum post that hasn't been kept up on.

SemperFi

A cycle log is VERY different than a forum post Brother. Can't get the fastest 1/4 mile time if you don't keep up on the maintenance log. ;) Not going to be able to properly set my tires for the next race if I do not know how much offset I placed on the left rear tire the last race.

Don't take this wrong because I want everyone to achieve their own level of excellence... You just expressed all the typical excuses of individuals that do NOT get the most out of their training and/or their cycle. Its real and it happens but it is still just an excuse.

There are so few elite athletes for a reason.

SEMPER FI

M

Mister A

Every poorly run cycle has a hundred reasons of why it wasn't optimized.

They are all shit.

You either put your all into something or you don't. The best people are the ones who are working harder than everyone else and who everyone admires for their dedication and work ethic, but who think to themselves: I am not doing as well as I can be. I have to find a way to be better. How can I improve? What can I do more of? What do I need to do less of?

These are the internal thoughts of a champion. I'd rather try to emulate this thought process than find the reasons why I couldn't.