Diabetic Advice

Kfizzle

Now today's topic that actually caught me off guard...  I was approached at the store by a gentleman in his 50's he was about 180lbs and had lost a lot of weight. He wanted to start working out to build muscle and asked what he should eat.  I mentioned lean beef and chicken and plenty of clean carbs such as rice and Sweet potatoes.  He replies with well I'm diabetic so i can't eat many carbs... well shit now what do I say.  I have never even looked into this ever not at all. Before I could answer he says i can have brown rice just not white rice, this told me he can have slow digesting carbs so I went with that and said yes eat those and whatever amount you can safely eat, do it with every meal and eat 5-6 meals a day oats for breakfast etc etc. Introduced him to my favorite app myfitnesspal and he was in heaven happy as can be.  Told him track his calories for a few days and then add 500 calories to them and go from there. By then we were already standing in the produce section for about a half hour so I had to cut the conversation and get my groceries. Anyone have any advice on how a diabetic goes about gaining muscle? I'm guessing it depends on the severity and such but this is really beyond my knowledge so I kept it as simple as possible.  

Kfizzle

This guy didn't have to take insulin shots or moniter his blood glucose levels just had to watch his carbs so seemed like not really severe diabetic if that's what you call it. 

Kfizzle

actually i heard they have their own bodybuilding class and pretty sure they really  can increase their size the way we do but i dont know much about the diabetic scene. im interested in learning tho just too busy researching other shit at the moment lol. 

Dolf

Insulin is dangerous and can be a killer. Not worth it IMO unless you are a pro bb!