DNP - The "How's" and "Why's"

KlonaLabs

The reason why I've posted this uner the Steroids section is because I feel this section is much more likely to receive 'traffic' from users. Considering the importance of safety/knowledge when it comes to using DNP, I think for the time being at least, this is probably the best place for it to be - the more users that educate themselves the better.

Introduction

This is a small article I wrote, going back a month or two that I haven't had the chance of finishing completely. In this article, I miss out a lot of info you'd find in other threads, such as a basic cycle protocol - the reason I've missed this out is because there's already plenty of information/protocols, and replicating other peoples' work is a waste of time. Instead what I'm trying to do is educate people on the nature of DNP, and how although this is a 'performance enhancer', it's a completely different game to AAS. There's very little room for mistake when using DNP, but the fact is you're respecting the compound, you do an adequate amount of research, find a good, CONSISTANT source, and listen to your body, you have nothing to worry about. 

Whether you're a veteran or a newbie, it's worth reading, especially if you're considering using DNP and you still have uncertainty.

1. Dosing

DNP (2,4-Dinitrophenol) has a half life of 36 hours. Why is this important? Well for compounds such as anabolic steroids, it might not be as important; mis-calculate a steroid's half life and the most harm you'll do is either over-doing it (subsequently increasing side effects) or under-doing it (possibly short changing yourself when it comes to gains/progress), but not fully understanding DNP's half-life and the accumulative effect it has on the user's body can, if you're lucky, give you a night of vomiting, delirium, diarrhoea and falling asleep whilst trying to cool yourself down with a cool shower. If you're not so lucky, you'll be heading towards your local hospital where there'll be people preparing to pump your stomach and a lovely ice water enema. 

125mg-250mg IS ENOUGH for the first week. "But Klona, I've used DNP for years and have never responded well to a dose lower than 400mg" - good for you, but every lab is going to be different. Anyone who's tried DNP from two different labs will tell you how the potency can greatly vary. I'll say it again, YOU DO NOT need more than 250mg in your first week of dosing, and most people will do fine on 125mg - This isn't coming from a salesman or someone who's trying to push more product onto his customers, this is coming from someone who cares about his customers and doesn't want an email at 4am saying "Klona, I can't see straight, I'm dizzy and can't stop vomiting". DNP is dropping enough fat quick enough for you? Don't up the dose to stupid amounts, STACK additional compounds such as T3 and Sibutramine - attack weight loss from different angles; you want a strong offense (DNP) AND a strong defence (Sibutramine for example).

Because of DNP's half life and it's subsequent accumulative effect, DNP's effect on your body will increase over time. If by day 6-7 you feel like you can handle more DNP, then do so carefully. Jumping from 125mg per day to 500mg per day is going to cause you problems. 

2. When To Dose

It's commonly said to take DNP before going to sleep; to avoid the sometimes uncomfortable increase in body temperature. I've personally found dosing at dinner (evening) time to be the better protocol. I've never liked taking DNP on an empty stomach, it sometimes causes me to wake up in the middle of the night hot and sweaty, running to the bathroom to vomit. If you're using more than one capsule a day, it's a good idea to keep doses a few hours apart. Needless to say, plenty of water should be taken before and after dosing (avoid acidic drinks whilst dosing). "But Klona, doesn't eating carbs around dosing increase body heat?", short answer: yes. Increasing body temperature is inevitable with DNP, and personal choices need to be made: Do you avoid carbs as to avoid excessive sweating, but deal with the lethargy? Or do you keep carb intake normal, invite the increase in body temperature but keep lethargy to a minimal? My personal choice has always been the latter. For the majority of us who work full time jobs, being lethargic and tired on the job isn't really an option; keeping carbs normal to help alleviate lethargy and always having a bottle of water in your hand, I find to be the better choice - though this is entirely down to the individual and there will be some who disagree - this is the part of DNP where experimentation is encouraged.

3. Your workout IS going to be effected

Sorry to say, but if you're someone who puts in 100% at the gym, your 100% on DNP is going to feel a lot less satisfying. This is going to effect your stamina, strength and pump. If you plan on using DNP whilst putting on LBM, don't use DNP. DNP is an extremely strong thermogenic and does absolutely NOTHING (whilst on) for muscle/strength progression. Focus on the fat loss. This isn't clen or ephedrine you're using; this is premiership training, not sports day at school.

You're going to want to keep workouts moderate; your goal in the gym should be maintaining LBM (lean body mass), not increasing it. Lower weight, higher reps (10-14 is my personal choice), moderate breaks. Also, skipping intense exercises such as heavy squats, deadlifts, etc is a good idea. DNP depletes glycogen, and can make some people feel a bit dizzy or light headed - making your blood pressure shoot up whilst having your 3RM on your back isn't a good idea. Whilst you're on DNP, you're not going to want to do anything too intense. Again, muscle maintenance should be your goal in the gym. 

4. Supplements

I feel as if the majority of information I've read online seems to just throw any and all supplements at people asking about supplementation whilst on DNP. Example; here's a list of supplements I found in a somewhat popular thread about DNP usage:

200mg alpha lipoic acid 3x a day with meals 
1200-1500mg magnesium in 2-3 divided doses. 
2-3000mg vitamin C
1200IU of vitamin E 
200mcg of selenium. 
1000-2000mg of calcium (can’t take it with the magnesium, though. Take it before bed) 
Melatonin if you can’t sleep and it is also one of the best and cheapest anti-oxidants. 
50mg of zinc a day 
one iron tab as hemoglobin is a protein as well. 
A potassium gluconate tab or two a day 
Taurine at 3g a day. 
Glutamine at 15g-20g a day . 
1 table spoon glycerol 3 x a day 
500mg grapeseed extract 
300mg cranberry extract 
600-900mg of green tea 
a good mulit vitamin
EC+1g of tyrosine 3x per day and 20mg of yohimbine topically 2x per day- for added energy and fat burning effects

Now personally... I see that as a bit too much. Of course these supplements will benefit your health in some way (as current evidence suggests), but will any of this positively benefit you whilst on DNP, more so than it would not on DNP? For a lot of these suggestions, I'd say no. A few of these suggestions seem to be made for the benefit of liver health, but current evidence suggests DNP has no negative effect on the enzymes that cause liver damage

Comparative study of toxicity of 4-nitrophenol and 2,4-dinitrophenol in newborn and young rats." Koizumi M, Yamamoto Y, Ito Y, Takano M, Enami T, Kamata E, Hasegawa R. Division of Risk Assessment, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1-18-1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-8501, Japan. This study found that DNP can induce death in overdosed amounts, but that up to that point no toxicity was evident, nor were there any abnormalities in physical development.

So what supplements should you take? Well first, let's address the negative side effects caused by using DNP: dehydration, interrupted sleep and lethargy. Keeping water intake high is the most important thing when it comes to DNP. This means frequent in-take of water, consistently throughout the day. Electrolytes such as potassium and sodium are also great ways to stay hydrated. Within the first week of using DNP, your T3 levels will have dropped, being a contributing factor to the lethargy you experience. This is why supplementing with 25mcg-50mcg of T3 when using DNP is always a good idea - let's you avoid using stimulants such as Ephedrine and Caffeine. But what about the lack of sleep? If you're like me, when using DNP, getting 6+ hours of uninterrupted sleep is a miracle. I've found that using Melatonin won't necessarily help me fall asleep, but it definitely does help with staying asleep. 

Will add more in the coming days/weeks.

- Written By 'Klona'.

milkin

Nice write KlonaLabs it is most informative. As you had mentioned, this stuff is hard to bail out of if your sides become too hard to handle since you are literally baking from the inside out. 

allmuscle22

Great post klona.  I myself use dnp at 200-400mg before bed well with last meal as you stated it can make u vomit if you don't.   I have great success with dnp.  I never recommend it to anyone tho who isnt advanced or an elite bodybuilder needing to shred for a show.  The average joe would suffice with clenbuterol, t3 and eca stack.  All in all great read

built_tough

i have always used dnp in the morning.  never at night.  no reason to.  it does it's job either way.  i never encountered vomiting and i really dont get lethargy regardless if im eating carbs or not.  i will say this much.  i will take your advice and dose at 250 at least for the first few days before i bump it up to 2 per day.  i know from personal experience that dosing only 250 per day for a week yielded me absolutely no results.  this is not from your lab though.  i have yet to see what klona labs will do.  for me the sweet spot has always been 3 per day. at this dosage i see 3-5lbs loss each and every morning i weighed myself.  im just looking to get rid of these last 15lbs or so.  when i receive the product i will leave a review :)

MuscleDevelop

DNP is for people that are either lazy, don't care about their body and are looking for a quick shortcut to lose body fat! That, or they are simply stupid, uninformed and ignorant to the repercussions of such a compound.

If for whatever INSANE reason you are going to use DNP, this post is quite informative.

But why would you want to take DNP in the first place? You want to get to that dry shredded 8% look right? THIS CAN BE ACHIEVED WITH GOOD CLEAN DIET AND A STRICT CARDIO REGIME!!!

It's sad when I see young (new to BB and AAS) guys talking about DNP and they know nothing about it. Well here's the hard truth about it:

DNP is similar to Cyanide or Arsenic (all three are METABOLIC POISONS, by different mechanisms).

To anyone that doesn't understand this, it basically means you are poisoning your body with a very strong and serious compound. People simply do not know how easy it is to die from using DNP.

Still thinking about taking DNP? Well... You have been warned!