Doing the right thing

BobbyO190

I am about to take my bi-weekly TRT shot (100mg Test C twice a week) and I am wondering. Do I want to do this? Is it too late to go back to PCT?

Anyone else every worry about this life long commitment?  Or am I just a pansy :)

Honestly, my sex drive has faded lately and my nuts seem to be getting even smaller. SO I worry, what will it be like in 25 years? Heck what about in 15 when I am 70? Will I have so high a tolerance that I have to take a seriously dangerous level of TRT dosage? Other side effects? Will I be that guy that takes medicine to counterbalance the other medicine?

Whats the alternative? How long an how healthily and how safely can someone go on cycle to PCT well into their 70's?

Not saying I regret the decision but I do find myself still having doubts so here is I guess the question or thought for anyone who wants to share....

Am I alone?

What fears do you chase on this aas journey?

Any older guys....well over 65 preferably, out there with experience and willing to share their expertise?

Figured if it was on my mind it has to be on someone elses here and there as well.

siegmund

im in the same boat as of late  , sex drive at a all time low for a long time and im mai tining a cruise for the 1st time in a long time  .to no avail 

which brings me to i went on a spree with tren  , and my couriosity got the best of me here did the tren do something to make it differnt  ..

so im going to start a low dose tren to see if theres a differnce .. also i think we need to sit down and do a self evaluation and ask our selfs  are we doing all we can be doing as to living a healthy  life style and also are we compensating with the right foods ect.  to compliment our cruise ....  theres alot of questions here 

siegmund

the more i think on this  question  i think what hits me most here is the fact we are not getting the same results from trt  .. as much as i hate saying this i feel  blood work  while on our cruise is crucial...to actually see where we are at ...also i believe for me my mental state my sense of well being and health play a major roll if we are living in negative ways both physically and more mentally..how can i expect anything other than getting to the core of my problem help me  ...  ...

i cant and for quite some time i lost my sence of peace  , my sence of well being  ,, so until i get that into prospective i dont think much of anything can possibly  help ..

gman3363

Bobby and Sieg, hope I can add to help with any questions.  I am 68 years old, not a body builder but active weight lifter, not a big guy, 5'10" but had lifelong jobs that were physically challenging (Army SF, security contractor Iraq/Afghanistan, etc).

One thing I think guys need to look into is not just the T level, but check out your thyroid levels.  I am on TRT and last check my t level was at 1100.  Been feeling sluggish, getting fat in gut area (despite 5 days week in gym and down to just couple meals a day), sweating more and tough time sleeping at night.  Soooo, did another blood test and sure enough, my thyroid levels are low.  I have been on thyroid medication for about 4 years now.  My experience is now, Testy levels can be good, but if thyroid is off, you are still screwed.  

Other than that, at age 68, when everything is right, I function great.  I work out hard for an hour, not big and strong guy, but 230 on bench press at my size and age is not that bad.  Stay with TRT your whole life, I mean you don't really have any options due you?  I don't know, but you wouldn't do AAS your whole life continuously, would you?  Wouldn't that be dangerous healthwise?  I don't know, you guys know that stuff.  Don't fear the age.  At 68, I enjoy sex like I always did and don't have issues.  I'm even thinking about learning to sail and buying a sailboat to travel in.  Age is just a number.  Life is great, even at 68.

Ask me any questions you want cuz I sure plan on using you guys when I start my first AAS cycle.

BobbyO190

Thanks for the input guys, especially the thryroid advice. I will try to look into that next month!  Also, I want to clarify a question.

TRT is honestly aas for life in MY opinion.  So when you say 'you wouldn't do aas for life' what are you asking? Are you asking does one eventually go to JUST TRT and never do another big cycle at a certain age?   Or something else, either way great question.

I don't know my answer, anyone got any other thoughts or advice?

Oh, and +2 to gman3363 - thanks for giving advice and getting involved!

siegmund

+3 gman  ,

thankyou im running test  , im feeling sluggish still  , even tho im in the gym  and all  .. and despite eating clean and very little my gut is also getting bigger  ..

time for some blood work and ty gman sometimes the littest thing can change the whole.prospective  .and out come  ..

i will look at that thyroid  and ty agion    great to have you at the site and ty for your service  

gman3363

Bobby O and Sieg, yes, please do the thyroid check.  The T3 and T4.  I just know from personal experience that when I went on TRT I was doing friggin great.  Hitting the gym hard, hitting the girlfriend hard (sexually that is, never physically), sleeping good, etc, etc.  Then the thyroid issue came up and it negated some very good bennys of the testosterone.  

On the AAS cycle for life Bobby O, to me, it would seem like in a way, TRT is an AAS except lower dosages, not much but Testo and it is for life.  Yes, from all I have learned and experienced, TRT is a life long program.  I think it is interesting (and something I will look into) that some of the TRT guys just up their dosage for a "cycle" to get the benefits and then basically go off cycle back to their norm (which for them is TRT for life).  I guess in a way it is good bcuz you don't have to worry about PCT if you are on TRT, do you?

Again, from an old guy, you all have a great future ahead of you.  Look forward to it, don't fear it.  I was 62 and running around Afghanistan with 21 year old soldiers and taking PT Tests with them and outscoring them in pushups and situps.  You guys are in better shape than me.  You will all do great going forward.

Again, great to be here with you guys.  Thanks for all that you do for us on this site who want to learn from you.  

gman3363

Sorry Sieg, my manners are lacking.  Thank you for the gift.  I appreciate it.  

Sorry to you as well Bobby O, I missed your question.  I agree with you, TRT is cycling for life, what I meant was that you wouldn't do an intense Bulk or Cut phase for life and call that your TRT.  I think you just stay on TRT for life and every so often, in a prudent and safe manner you blast a real cycle just like you would if you were not on TRT.  Only difference is you are never totally off of anything.  At a minimum you will always be pinning or rubbing or whatever, testosterone.  At a maximum you will be doing traditional AAS cycles on occasion.   

BobbyO190

+3 gman just for the great input and being so involved on the discussion.   Glad to have you. Your gonna be a great asset. 

gman3363

Hey guys, if you don't mind I am going to send you a friend request.  I have a few questions I would like to run by you guys and if you think it is relevant enough, we can open a thread.  I think it will just cover stuff that has been covered here before, but I will leave that up to you guys.  Weekend is coming, have a great one.