Fat, Failure, First Timer!

wbutterworth

Hi All,

Absolute pleasure to be here on this forum with all the informative posts and supportive comments. I'm brand new to the "hobby" and looking for a steer from some experienced users on my circumstances.

Currently, and unfortunately, I am fat. I am miserable in my skin and want to make some serious changes in my approach to life.

I have not always been fat. I have had many spells of good weights and seen decent progress in the past at the gym.

One of the biggest issues I have faced with progress is my predisposition toward depressive episodes. In the past I have found my newbie gains and progress to be swiftly undone with a few months of depression diets and general lethargy.

Whilst I don't want to make excuses for lack of discipline and drive, I have certainly found it tricky to maintain or reenter the world of fitness due to the perceived likelihood of undoing whatever progress I make with another depressive bout in the future. I am sure I could have done better in other aspects of my regimes, but depression has been an unwanted bitch in my life for a decade.

DISCLAIMER BEFORE I CONTINUE: My depression is linked with my weight and appearance. Poor diet and physical health leads to poor self opinion which leads to excessive isolation which leads to comfort eating in isolation which starts the vicious cycle (ha) again. I am aware that various compounds/PCT/hormone imbalances may have effects on individuals and cause depression - my thoughts on this are as follows:

1. I am cognisant of this and would closely monitor any adverse effects that a cycle/PCT could have on my mental health and react appropriately and responsibly
2. I already have depression! A little more can't hurt, surely? :ROFLMAO: (in all seriousness, I have had depression for years and understand the signs and symptoms, I take an SSRI, partake in talking therapy and regularly check in with my GP).

I am here considering the benefits of a cycle on my return to the gym this year. I am particularly interested in the effect that the enhanced rate of muscle growth would have on my ability to incentivise and stick with my regime throughout a potential future depressive episode. As I mentioned previously, I have a somewhat psychosomatic feedback loop when it comes to my depression and think there may be benefit to hopping on a small cycle, working my butt off for a few months and seeing some serious improvement.

I am considering going to get some blood work done soon (any UK/London links would be great!) but am still doing some research and collecting opinions around the area.

So here I am, a friendly neighbourhood fat man looking for a quick fix. I'm sure it's a story heard a 1000 times before on this forum. But here I am, asking the big questions for the big blokes of the world.

Am I a complete idiot for even thinking along these lines? Or is there some method in the madness? I don't really care about fat loss right now as I'm trying to approach fitness and lifting in a better way. I just want to get some reps in at the gym and move some weight from A to B with some decent results that will keep me coming back, and hopefully have a positive effect on my life and seasonal depression.

Lots of love new family. Happy to answer any questions. Any feedback very much appreciated 👊

bobby ricky

Hi All,

Absolute pleasure to be here on this forum with all the informative posts and supportive comments. I'm brand new to the "hobby" and looking for a steer from some experienced users on my circumstances.

Currently, and unfortunately, I am fat. I am miserable in my skin and want to make some serious changes in my approach to life.

I have not always been fat. I have had many spells of good weights and seen decent progress in the past at the gym.

One of the biggest issues I have faced with progress is my predisposition toward depressive episodes. In the past I have found my newbie gains and progress to be swiftly undone with a few months of depression diets and general lethargy.

Whilst I don't want to make excuses for lack of discipline and drive, I have certainly found it tricky to maintain or reenter the world of fitness due to the perceived likelihood of undoing whatever progress I make with another depressive bout in the future. I am sure I could have done better in other aspects of my regimes, but depression has been an unwanted bitch in my life for a decade.

DISCLAIMER BEFORE I CONTINUE: My depression is linked with my weight and appearance. Poor diet and physical health leads to poor self opinion which leads to excessive isolation which leads to comfort eating in isolation which starts the vicious cycle (ha) again. I am aware that various compounds/PCT/hormone imbalances may have effects on individuals and cause depression - my thoughts on this are as follows:

1. I am cognisant of this and would closely monitor any adverse effects that a cycle/PCT could have on my mental health and react appropriately and responsibly
2. I already have depression! A little more can't hurt, surely? :ROFLMAO: (in all seriousness, I have had depression for years and understand the signs and symptoms, I take an SSRI, partake in talking therapy and regularly check in with my GP).

I am here considering the benefits of a cycle on my return to the gym this year. I am particularly interested in the effect that the enhanced rate of muscle growth would have on my ability to incentivise and stick with my regime throughout a potential future depressive episode. As I mentioned previously, I have a somewhat psychosomatic feedback loop when it comes to my depression and think there may be benefit to hopping on a small cycle, working my butt off for a few months and seeing some serious improvement.

I am considering going to get some blood work done soon (any UK/London links would be great!) but am still doing some research and collecting opinions around the area.

So here I am, a friendly neighbourhood fat man looking for a quick fix. I'm sure it's a story heard a 1000 times before on this forum. But here I am, asking the big questions for the big blokes of the world.

Am I a complete idiot for even thinking along these lines? Or is there some method in the madness? I don't really care about fat loss right now as I'm trying to approach fitness and lifting in a better way. I just want to get some reps in at the gym and move some weight from A to B with some decent results that will keep me coming back, and hopefully have a positive effect on my life and seasonal depression.

Lots of love new family. Happy to answer any questions. Any feedback very much appreciated 👊
Age would be nice. Also get all your blood work done to se where your testosterone level is. I’ve never been depressed in my life so I don’t know what to say on that part I’ve read that testosterone can help people with depression but if you did a pct it might make it worse.
Glad you’re here brother hopefully we can help in some way. My biggest problem is I’m never happy with my body, it’s never good enough. People at the store and the gym tell me my arms are huge and I’m cut but I’m not happy. I just keep working my ass off and hopefully I’ll be content some day. We all have things we’re not happy about and now u know mine 😂

bobby ricky

One more thing brother, you mentioned failure. Failure is the best teacher I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.

wbutterworth

Hey there the Bobmeister! Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm 28 years young. 191cm and about 120kg at the moment (few too many mince pies ;))

Aussie

As said get your bloods checked then come back and show us what they look like.
Antidepressants kill you. They kill your testosterone levels.
Possibly you have low vitamin D levels, this kills testosterone production.
Do you take any vitamins?
Do you know anything about low testosterone symptoms?
If you don’t know where to start just let me know what country you are in. I can help with a list of blood tests and if you can’t get a doctor to order the bloods I have a link for America and Australia for blood testing.

Edit just seen England.
I do know of a Facebook group that a doctor who has a trt clinic but apparently he is expensive.
Join excelmale.com and see if you can find anything on the forum.
I was told by a person in England a cop told him it’s quicker to get steroids home delivered than pizza so that’s a good start. I also know a couple of suppliers in England

bobby ricky

If you don’t know where to start just let me know what country you are in. I can help with a list of blood tests and if you can’t get a doctor to order the bloods I have a link for America and Australia for blood testing.

Edit just seen England.
I do know of a Facebook group that a doctor who has a trt clinic but apparently he is expensive.
I was told by a person in England a cop told him it’s quicker to get steroids home delivered than pizza so that’s a good start. I also know a couple of suppliers in England
I had vitamin D levels so bad that my legs were hurting but didn’t know why. Blood test told us and I think he gave me a super high dose once a week. I shit you not my legs started feeling better that night 👍

Aussie

I had a level of 15 and wanted to kill myself. In March it was 70 and I started taking 1000iu more as I was told 100 is a better level to be at

HGH.to

You really should have a bloodwork first where you check for various things such as testosterone (all, free), SHBG, estrogen, lipids, liver, cholesterol, vitamin D, zinc and so on and so forth.

wbutterworth

Edit just seen England.
Thanks very much for all the interests and replies gang. I definitely exhibit some of the symptoms of low test which led me to this area of the world.

Not currently taking any vitamins but will defs include some Vit D / Multi Vitamins from now on.

Advice on where to get bloods done in the UK would be fantastic, taking into account the "testosterone (all, free), SHBG, estrogen, lipids, liver, cholesterol, vitamin D, zinc and so on and so forth." elements that HGH.to suggested!

Something more generally that I'd like to ask. I am currently overweight, so eating at 'maintenance' of a lower weight body would likely cause me to lose fat. Would I be able to eat clean at "maintenance" whilst on a cycle and still manage to gain some muscle mass? I know that cutting/bulking at the same time is horribly inefficient, but I just want to get started rather than having to cut for months in order to begin building muscle and lifting properly.

Thanks!

Gainz.

Like everyone else has said get your bloods done. You absolutely have to start there.
Between being overweight and depressed I'm sure your T levels are in the toilet.
Especially if you're on any kind of antidepressants. God I hate those things. Mostly because they make your dick not work, then that causes more depression.

I just have 1 more thing to say, I don't know if doing a cycle is going to be the best thing for you. Because its gonna be the best and worst vicious cycle you've ever had. You'll get on gear and feel like the man. Kill it in the gym, lose a bunch of weight and feel like a million bucks. Then you'll come off and pct... then the depression starts. Coming off gear and doing a pct can cause even the most solid minded people depression.

So get your bloods done and we'll go from there! You can call up most doctors or look for a trt clinic, theres even online services where you mail it in. But I really have a feeling trt is in your future. You're definitely a little young for it... but being overweight, depressed and all the other problems that come with that (poor diet, poor sleep, lack of exercise) absolutely kill your natural test production.

Gainz.

Something more generally that I'd like to ask. I am currently overweight, so eating at 'maintenance' of a lower weight body would likely cause me to lose fat. Would I be able to eat clean at "maintenance" whilst on a cycle and still manage to gain some muscle mass? I know that cutting/bulking at the same time is horribly inefficient, but I just want to get started rather than having to cut for months in order to begin building muscle and lifting properly.

Thanks!

Sorry must of skimmed by this. But you will gain muscle and lose fat on a calorie deficit. You really shouldn't worry about cutting and bulking at this point. You're main goal is getting to a healthy weight and a appearance you don't hate.
I don't care if you're on gear (trt, cycle, blast cruise) or completely natural. Right now you're diet should be the same. 2,500 calories or less split into 5 meals. Get that metabolism going again. Cut out all sodas and juice. Just water and milk from here on out. Trying for at least 200g of protein a day... at least!
Mix that diet with exercise 4 times per week and you will absolutely lose fat and gain muscle. Add testosterone to that and the results will only come faster.
I should also say... test isn't magic brother. You can still be fat and depressed on trt. Its you that has to choose to eat better and exercise. Don't get me wrong, trt can absolutely help. It can make you feel so much better and give you the energy do it. But you still have to do it, test wont slap the cake out of your mouth and test wont drive you to the gym.
That parts on you brother!

HGH.to

I should also say... test isn't magic brother. You can still be fat and depressed on trt. Its you that has to choose to eat better and exercise. Don't get me wrong, trt can absolutely help. It can make you feel so much better and give you the energy do it. But you still have to do it, test wont slap the cake out of your mouth and test wont drive you to the gym.
couldn't have said it any better!

Aussie

I put this together for beginners that want to go ugl. I suggest getting bloods for hen coming back and letting us check before you start or you can just start and let us help you get dialed in.

TRT PROTOCOL & Blood tests

Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
SHBG
DHEA
Estrogen
Progesterone
Prolactin
TSH
T3
T4
LH
FSH
25 hydroxy vit D
Fasting glucose
Fasting insulin
Fasting cortisol
A1C
Liver Panel
Cholesterol
Kidney Panel
RBC
WBC
CRP
PSA if over 40

1. treatment

You can start high and work down or you can start low and work up.

In Australia you can get 250mg every 10 days , this works out at 175mg a week Your starting dose doesn't really matter as most guys need 100mg+ per week to be optimised, but there are certainly some who need less. End destination is the same so work with your doctor.

With primoteston you can inject every 5days 0.5ml or weekly as the castor oil helps half life.

You can Inject shallow IM with 30g 8ml 0.5ml insulin syringes or a 27g 1/2 if you have a bit of fat. As you get more comfortable with injecting, you can inject 2x per week MWF, EOD, or daily.

Most people end up on 125mg-175mg per week to achieve optimal SERUM levels and RESOLUTION OF SYMPTOMS.

2. Blood Work

Bloods should be checked every 6 weeks after starting therapy until you have achieved the above. Keep in mind if you get your blood work done before the 6 week mark, your levels may still climb a little before they stabalise, but it can help to get blood work early if things aren't feeling great incase you are way off.

A usual titration up or down would be 25-50mg a week depending on how far you are off the mark.

Blood work should be done when you are due for your next injection. Always get blood work done at the same time relative to your injection frequency.

3. Goal Levels

Most guys need Free T 700pmil/L to achieve optimal symptom resolution and health markers. Some need closer to 900 Total T will look like 25-35nmol/L depending on your binding protein levels, as well as your overall state of health, androgen receptors etc.