Fat Loss

Dolf

I hear you brother. My days of heavy lifting are over, so I'm not really concerned about the cardio affecting my lifts. These days my training sessions are like cardio too. Moderate weight, low rest periods, and higher rep ranges with supersets, or giant sets. I typically do 45min cardio at 70 to 80% of my max heart rate. This week I'll try to quit being a pussy and do weights first, and carfio second to see how it goes. Lol

strong

I have done cardio at all different times. I find it amazing how the post workout cardio has worked for me. Like Blast said, I hit a moderate pace for 20 to 30 minutes immediately after weight.  Currently, I will only hit cardio and abs 2 days a week. I spent near a year with light weight, high rep workouts to help repair some injuries. I find myself a little weak and I just don't like it. I'm going for the Gains with Heavy weights as long as I can : )

Msfit

Hello guys, 

I like to use yombine before fasted cardio in the morning. I'm in the muscle gaining phase but trying to keep my bf. I use it also when I'm cutting. I only use it in a fasted estate because it only sims to work when the insulin levels are low and I also drink coffee with it to accelerate my metabolism. :) But I heard that yombine causes water retention that's why near the contest the athletes which are using it, they remove it. 

S

supps

I'd love to hear what works for you, there are a million ways to do things and what works on one person, may not work on the next... trial and error is great but it sucks when you try and fail... But you learn what's best for you, so it's not complete failure! At least you learn something! Good Luck!

You can lose weight, unfortunately, the weight you lose will be both muscle and fat. The goal of successful weight loss is to preserve as much muscle as possible, or possibly even gain some, while at the same time lose as much body fat as possible. Your body fat % is a key indicator of your success, not the scale.

calmb4dastorm

You can lose weight, unfortunately, the weight you lose will be both muscle and fat. The goal of successful weight loss is to preserve as much muscle as possible, or possibly even gain some, while at the same time lose as much body fat as possible. Your body fat % is a key indicator of your success, not the scale.

Absolutely! I don't bind myself to the numbers on the scale as a measurement. It's all about the BF%...for ME:cool:

Walking, cycling, running, and swimming are just a few examples of some cardio exercises that can help burn fat and kick-start weight loss. Summary Studies show that the more aerobic exercise people get, the more belly fat they tend to lose.

calmb4dastorm

Walking, cycling, running, and swimming are just a few examples of some cardio exercises that can help burn fat and kick-start weight loss. Summary Studies show that the more aerobic exercise people get, the more belly fat they tend to lose.

Indeed. Aerobic exercise and steady statecardio uses slow twitch muscle fibers and is great for cardiovascular conditioning and helps improve endurance. Alot of people think that low intensity cardio is optimal for fat loss because it uses a higher percentage of fat for energy instead of muscle glycogen but the total amount of energy burned is less than that of anaerobic exercise (HIIT-- requires your fast-twitch muscle fibers to engage in exercises) What this means is that we would have to have extended periods of areobic exercise which could lead to plateaus. While 5 years ago, steady state cardio was my go-to, I had to change the game up to meet my training needs.
i had to incorporate more Anaerobic (HIIT) style cardio. Here's what it gave me:. I burned more calories and saved time in the process.
HIIT is not for everyone though. We must all find out what works for us as individuals.