Fatherly Advice

SemperFi

Gals,

I am the father of three beautiful ladies. Because of these ladies I have been blessed with 4 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. They are the reason for my existence and I measure my success as a man by the level of confidence they express in their lives. My entire goal as a father was to build confidence and independence in my daughters..

We live in a society that does not honor women and expects women to be, act, or look a certain way. I am here to tell you that is ALL bullshit!

Listen and listen good.... you are special, you are beautiful and you are unique. Be yourself, be different and do not allow yourself to be compared to anyone or anything.

To become the best you that you can be I advise you to stop comparing yourself to others. Comparisons are unfair. You are so unique attempting to compare yourself to someone else is robbing yourself of who you truly are. You have nothing to gain from comparing yourself to others but you do have everything to lose. By comparing yourself to others you are robbing yourself of joy and building within yourself self resentment.

Be proud of who you are gals..... express appreciation for who you are. Doing so will provide you with the freedom to become independent and provide you with the confidence that you may have never experienced before.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

As a father of a smart, brave, and confident young girl who is soon to be a young lady, this brought a smile to lips, and swelling in my heart. Its a father's duty to instill in our daughters the confidence they will need in this fast changing world that is wildly different than the world many of us grew up in.

strong

Great stuff. I am lucky to have a wife that is full of confidence and not afraid of anything... My goals in life included wanting to be a Father which just didn't happen..

Your First paragraph states they are the reason for your existence. I can tell you as a middle aged man, I'm not sure what my life is about.  You are lucky men..

blastthru23

My daughter is what makes sense of life. Its a beautiful thing. Next, its just helping others that makes my life meaningful, its the thing tjat makes my heart open. Otheewise, i fall into the pit, make really bad decisions, and become highly self destructive. 

S

supps

Wow brother! Words of a wise man right there!!! Well said Brother!!!

S

supps

Wow brother! Words of a wise man right there!!! Well said Brother!!!

dixona1986

This was very well said. As a mother, I feel like I should always be the role model that I want for my children to become, but with so many girls (five), it seems like they are always comparing themselves to one another. I'm going to take the part about uniqueness and tell them that the next time they start to compare themselves to one another. I hope it makes them smile the same way that it did me.