Favorite Gym Day

Titanings

I am curious whats every ones favorite and least favorite gym day? Chest, Back, legs, shoulders, guns, abs, calves? And what is your go to staple exercise for that day?

For me my favorite is gun day :) And two exercises I love doing on gun day are skull crushers for triceps and concentration curls for biceps.

My least favorite....well I don't know if its so much the day but more the exercise. And for me that's deadlifts. I always do them on back day to separate them from leg day, but with my bad back sometimes they are just brutal. Its funny cuz I REALLY enjoy the rest of my workout for back so I kind of use it as a reward for my deadlift grind lol.

I am curious as to how many people are going to say they hate leg day...LOL

D

Dont_trip

my favorite body part days have changed through the years it used to be chest anf shoulder days because they are genetically blessed, now they are my least favorite now it's back which is my weakest body part yet I have gotten an amazing back through hardcore training, and I would never think I would say it but leg day I used to think genetically my legs were chicken legs but the. I discovered hat they respond to heavy pause squats with a final set of super high rep squats like

135 for 30 reps no stopping at any point my legs have grown insane striated etc I actually threw up last leg day never thought that would

happen anyways i love training and discovering what   muscle fibers

i have in alll my body parts but one thing I have learned is if your not squatting your short changing yourself big time replacing squats you would need to

do 3

diffenrennet excercies Just to

try. And make up for them leg press hate to say it

is an easy move that in my opinion is a waste of time  unless you ise

intensity. Techniques like

long. Eccentric and concentric pause reps etc squts

and deadlifts for legs are

far superior that's an undeniable fact 

SemperFi

I can't honestly say that I prefer one day or one workout over the other. Some days I hit the gym and if something feels right I roll with it and keep doing it not matter what my printed regimen says. Those are the days that are most satisfying to me. I try not to get locked in the mind set that something has to be done. One exercise, one set or even one missed routine doesn't change my destination so I am proficient at assuring when I go to the gym that I leave feeling better than I did when I went in- leaving nothing behind and nothing left to give. The day it becomes a chore is the day I kick it to the curb.

The gym is my reward for doing the things I need to do outside those walls and as with all rewards they should be savored. ;)

SEMPER FI

M

Mister A

Over the years this answer has changed a lot. I can say that at one point or another every muscle group was my favorite to train.

I think now I'm more inclined to favor whichever muscle is growing the fastest. Whatever pops out the most in the mirror when I go back to the locker room after training. I look forward to getting that instant feedback and seeing the look of the muscle change.

Currently that is quads. For my whole life, I believed that squats had to be the foundation of leg day. Though I don't consider myself an expert squatter to any degree, I wouldn't marginalize my experience in the rack. I can walk in and do 4 sets of 10 with 405 which has been a goal of mine since I was 13. I can do 3 sets of 20 with 315. I've walked 585 out of the rack and did a shitty single with it when I was younger. It's not something I care to attempt again. I've done high bar, low bar, wide stance, narrow stance, front squats, used the Hatfield bar, parallel, below parallel.

But once I was finally able to accept that squats weren't giving me the quad growth I was looking for, I have been making great gains by ditching them and focusing on the principles of growth I know to be true. I was reluctant to ditch them because I thought it would mean I was a pussy or that I wasn't hardcore enough. Once I set aside my ego, I have noticed that I can achieve optimal foot placement and thus optimal load placement by doing front squats in the Smith machine. It allows me to control my tempo better and to work in the eccentric portion of the movement safely and more effectively. I take one set to failure with that exercise then one set to failure on leg press which usually ends up being 4 drop sets with a total time under tension of close to 2 minutes. I used to think if your TUT was in excess of 1 minute you couldn't possibly be training heavy enough or intensely enough. Another thing my young mind was certain about that my aging body has disproved. My quads blow up from all of it and I have begun to notice a density to them that I've never seen before. The muscle looks thicker. It looks ... freaky. And I enjoy it.

So despite it being the most difficult session of the split, I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like when I'm done each week. Actually I'll be hitting them today.

strong

My answer is as simple as Blastthru's.... 

Everyday I am in the gym and healthy enough to absolutely destroy any muscle on my body i'm thankful.... I had a tough winter physically and just couldn't work out.  It started to affect me mentally.  Lets all remember to be thankful for our ability to train...

csancheezy

at it as an ever changing type of thing, the same way I think some body parts of mine have surprised me overtime. Like I recently I have started to enjoy training my legs more bc they have been responding to some training and surprising me.

Titanings

Ya know sometimes the answers take you by surprise. You ask a question of your brotherhood only to realize that they have the same love of iron that you do. Its amazing to see that peoples favorites and ones they didn't like have changed over the years even to where ones they disliked became a favorite. That's when you know your in the right place, and surrounded by those with same mindset as you. Just happy to work out and get that sexy pump on with the great feeling of well being that comes with it.

Heres to you my fellow Iron addicts!

Little K

I'm still new to lifting. It's only been about 2 years that I've taken it seriously but during that time my favorite workouts have definitely changed. It used to be that I hated training legs. I realize now in hindsight this was mostly due to my lack of knowledge surrounding how to optimally perform exercises for MY body. You learn a heck of a lot about yourself when you go from being obese to an athletic competitor. I tend to always train intuitively now. If I walk in the gym with exercises A-E planned out and I'm just not feeling whatever B is, I adapt. I don't force myself to stick to a workout plan simply because that's what I had written down for that day. I do write down my workouts in advance because this helps me hold myself accountable for getting in the door, but once I'm in the gym I go with what feels right and I go with what gets me the best pump. Lately I've been loving leg day. My leg days have a large focus on glutes and I've been doing a lot of kickbacks, lunges and hipthrusts. I like to warm-up on the hip abduction machine and then burnout doing abductions at the end of my leg workouts.

My least favorite day is chest day.