Favorite Quote

Dolf

As we all know the military is filled with characters of all types. We've all heard funny, crazy, and inspiring quotes.

What is your mist favorite quote you personally heard someone say?

Dolf

We had a Battalion CSM who was a Vietnam vet, and did 6 or 7 tours. He was crazier than a shit house rat! He'd call battalion formations, and smoke the LT's while he made the redt of us bow our heads to pray. He would pray that we could go to war with N. Korea. After the prayer he'd look at us and say "Men! Anyone who where's black pajamas all day long, and doesn't listen to rock & roll deserves to fucking die!"

Although he was crazy as fuck he was beloved by us, and we'd of followed him anywhere!

SemperFi

SgtMaj's have a way with words. My last SgtMaj was the splitting image of Sammy Davis Jr. and meaner than a cornered badger. He was so mean mainly because he came home to a wife that was 6 months pregnant after one of our 9 month pumps. ;) I don't know why he was so angry. She was uglier than hell and looked like her face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a rake. We would storm the gates of hell with him without hesitation and smile while we were doing it. His favorite line was actually a saying of Field Marshal Rommel's but coming from a 5'6", buck 35 SgtMaj gave it a entirely new meaning.....

“In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

It is awesome to see what men will do to gain the respect of a man like that.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

..... and making up new ones when they see fit. You f'ing better know what he means when he says it! ;)

SEMPER FI

JARHEAD2

Hard as woodpecker lips hahaha.... I heard that for the first time in my life at Parris Island & many times since then!

SemperFi

Had to get it....

[[{"fid":"33634","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":"280","width":"280","class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]

SEMPER FI