First Cycle Advice. Super appreciated.

rilo

Hey guys,

I'm a 41 year old, 215 lb 6'2.5" 18% bodyfat guy here that's been in the gym about two and a half years, seriously considering my first cycle. Currently I only plan on one cycle, and determining future use based on my experience. I've done a good amount of research, have a basic plan down and would love some feedback. Feel free to tear apart, offer thoughts, experiences and suggestions - this is by far the most serious forum I've found, any feedback provided is greatly appreciated.

My plan:

Weeks 1–12: Testosterone cyp 250mg twice weekly, HCG 250iu twice weekly, arimidex .5mg every other day
Weeks 15–16: nolvadex 40mg daily, clomid 100mg daily
Weeks 17–18: nolvadex 20mg daily, clomid 50mg daily

blood work: pre, halfway, post

my current intake is around 3500 calories, plan on bumping to 4000 calories, mostly clean.

gym plan is 6 days a week, 1.5 hours a day, chest/shoulders, back/traps, arms, legs, splits, which has essentially been my training regimen for 1.5 years now.

Questions I've got:

I posted this on a couple of other forums, and received feedback stating at 41, I can expect that my testosterone levels will not rebound to where they're currently out, and I should consider blast and cruise, or getting on TRT afterward. I'd love feedback, well, on this feedback. Is there a chance of this happening? I don't know that I'll be doing another cycle, and I don't know that I want to have to go on trt because of one cycle, so this is concerning.

HCG is also something that's been questioned, whether it's needed or not. Thoughts?

What's the risk if I want to go 16 weeks instead of 12?

Do you feel this site's top three recommended sites for purchase are reputable? If you have other options or ideas, I'd take 'em.

I don't really find much feedback on whether to include any cardio while on cycle. I'd like to keep my gains as lean as possible. Thoughts?

Again, I want to make sure I'm doing this perfectly, so any feedback about the above will be super appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

HGH.to

I've done a good amount of research, have a basic plan down and would love some feedback.
it's great when people know what they want and they research about it. good for you - the more you know, the more chances everything's going to be fine.
this is by far the most serious forum I've found,
to be honest - i felt the same.
by the way, since you are a beginner - your plan sounds really good. Remember that dosages of AI's and PCT's and gears themselves, can be adjusted according to how you feel, according to blood works etc.
about your question - indeed that's possible, however, that's unlikely. It highly depends on personal response. You are 41 after all, not 71. in the end, that's why there's PCT for. I wouldn't recommend going for a TRT unless required, I think is better to go for cycles (but in a safe manner, as you seem you want to go).

no, HCG is definitely not needed. HCG is required by those who are concerned about shrinkage of their tests (which usually occurs in longer cycles and higher doses). in fact, I would say HCG is required only in those cases and not to use it without a special need. That's because HCG might offer side effects. I'm just trying to help you in a safe manner - I am a source and I would "win" by telling you that you need it (in case you buy your gears from our source), yet I consider customers should be safe in the first place.

Risk of going to 16 instead of 12 weeks was just mentioned - higher testosterone suppression which only increases the risks of testosterone levels not rebounding to the original levels and even if they do (which is more likely to happen, when having a proper lifestyle) - you would need a longer / harsher PCT plan. For a beginner, i would say 12 weeks is enough!

About sources and especially other sources or options - I guess there's no need to mention what I would recommend :D

About cardio, as much as I know - you've got to do some limited cardio at the end of workout. Follow your trainer's instructions.

I wish you good luck with your goals and regardless where you choose to buy your gears, I hope you find the best ones which would help you with your needs!

BiggyBill

Testosterone levels would come back to normal, sooner or later, unless tou have a health condition.

HCG is definitely not needed. Is a matter of preference.

risk of longer cycles is side effects and obviously - more suppression of T.

yeah i feel the top sources are good. About other sources - we can’t openly discuss them here.

cardio is almost always good, yet, limited - don’t overdo on it.

hopefully my 2 cents are helpful.

thegodofwisdom666

Take injections more frequently to keep your hormones from going up high and down. Inject everyday or every other day. You can stay at 500 mg of test weekly. Also use zinc it'll help keep your hormones from going on a rollercoaster ride thus roid rage or mood swings.
I like masteron in all my cycles because it has PCT properties in it to keep your test from converting into estrogen.

rilo

Thanks for all of your feedback, I'm glad to hear I'm on the right track. I'll stick to 12 weeks, and ditch the HCG. Arimidex to be used as needed based on side effects. Cardio at end of workout but nothing major. I've already got zinc as a daily supplement so I'll keep that going.

Are there any side effects to be aware of with PCT? I know PCT's essentially required, just want to be ready for whatever impacts it may cause.

Thanks again for the feedback, guys. Very appreciated.

thegodofwisdom666

Some PCT do have side effects not my area expertise message Body Gear he'd know. Just don't use clomid and hcg on cycle use them for PCT because you'll confuse your libido or stress it.

thegodofwisdom666

Use Mastron your whole cycle it has AI properties that'll keep estrogen and gyno at bay however it's not a AI because it's lacking certain molecules

BiggyBill

PCT might offer side effects, but as long as you use clomid / nolva properly - they are highly unlikely to occur. More likely to get off cycle without PCT and get side effects, than side effects from PCT.

Masteron is indeed good with AI properties, but sometimes it may not be enough. U can give it a try and see how it works on you.

rilo

Follow up:

I'm just about to put an order in, start a cycle with a buddy when it arrives. He's doing Sustanon, and I'm thinking about doing the same. Any advice for or against for my first cycle? I plan on doing sust 300mg/ml, 250 twice weekly. He's going with 500mg/ml, but I've read a lot of anecdotes saying PIP is pretty bad with that high of a suspension concentration.

It seems as if the blend of esters should keep the test level consistent throughout the cycle. Do you agree with this? Any arguments?

Also, the last hurdle I'm facing is regarding depression symptoms. I've dealt with it on and off throughout my life, and I read a lot of feedback stating that it can be an issue immediately after cycle and during PCT. I've got a handle on it currently, but would like to avoid a bounce back post-cycle. Anyone willing to comment on this?

Thanks guys, very appreciated.

BiggyBill

Hey there
I plan on doing sust 300mg/ml, 250 twice weekly. He's going with 500mg/ml, but I've read a lot of anecdotes saying PIP is pretty bad with that high of a suspension concentration.
500 mg weekly for a beginner is good enough with test (sustanon). as in terms of PIP - that's individual, some may get it even at 250 mg/ml, others don't get it at 500 mg/ml.
It seems as if the blend of esters should keep the test level consistent throughout the cycle. Do you agree with this? Any arguments?
yes, that's why Sustanon was made. But people are different, that's why some say that they find Sustanon better, others are saying that Test Enanthate is better. Is mostly a matter of preference.
it can be an issue immediately after cycle and during PCT.
that's mostly because of low testosterone. that's why is important to implement a proper PCT plan that would help increase test after cycle.
I've got a handle on it currently, but would like to avoid a bounce back post-cycle. Anyone willing to comment on this?
as usually - that's highly individual. If that's your first cycle - you never know how you react, that's why is recommended for beginners to start with low doses/ short cycle so they would get a feeling of what's like running steroids.

IronDaddy

Any advice for or against for my first cycle?
first cycle with testosterone alone (any ester you like) at 300-500 mg per week for 10-12 weeks is enough.
Do you agree with this? Any arguments?
sustanon is made to keep even more stable levels, but there are still those who think that Test single ester is better.
Anyone willing to comment on this?
do you take depression pills?

CaptainPlanet

I have a feeling HCG is making me horny for apparently little to no reason. I am curious though, despite it not being necessary in some cases, it does seem to have benefits while your natural T is being suppressed. I was wondering if someone were to go on a long cycle like 6 months, HCG becomes critical at that point no? or would you say never do a crazy thing like a 6 month cycle?

IronDaddy

I have a feeling HCG is making me horny for apparently little to no reason.
HCG is actually capable to make you horny.
it does seem to have benefits while your natural T is being suppressed.
yes it has. It's because HCG mimics LH in the body, so you get more test. the reason why you are horny
I was wondering if someone were to go on a long cycle like 6 months, HCG becomes critical at that point no?
I would rather say yes, because it would keep your testicles plumped. that's the main reason why HCG is used actually
or would you say never do a crazy thing like a 6 month cycle?
surely. it would wreck up your hormones. There's blast and cruise which may last as long, but that's only for professionals who already know what they are doing

CaptainPlanet

Hopefully I get some decent gains in 12 weeks. It's almost like the first 4 weeks are pointless, then you have 8 weeks left once it's all kicked in. I am tempted to look at 16 weeks. I am noticing some changes, but I am in middle of week 2 🙁. I am gonna up my anavar in a week to 50mg and split it twice a day as someone suggested in a different post.

CaptainPlanet

I don't want to derail this thread with my questions, so I'll provide that info in a new post. I did previously ask about a certain cycle, but I modified it after some feedback.

Last edited:

rilo

Update! In week 10 of a 12 week sust 500 cycle. Damn, this shit is impressive! I've gained 25 pounds, my bench has increased by 35 pounds, my upper body has pretty much exploded. Very happy with the results.

I'm bummed the cycle's coming to an end, obviously. I'm going to do my all to keep as much of my gains as possible and follow the PCT plan above. I'd guess I'm near my body's natural max right now, so I'm hoping to be able to keep the majority of what I've stacked on. All advice I've found says to keep on keeping on, avoiding the urge to lessen up on diet and training regimen after the cycle. Anyone have any additional advice? With this plan, opinions on how much I can expect to keep?

Thanks again, this site is a valuable resource.

HGH.to

It depends. how much of your gains is water? You're likely to lose most water and a bit of your muscles. Strength may be decreased too but nothing drastic. Just keep on pushing, dieting etc. Most people lose their gains not because of stopping the cycle, but because they "give up" as soon as they see some gains lost