First cycle (since teenage misuse)

rower

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for the long post. I would be immensely grateful to anyway who is able to offer a perspective / answers to my questions.

The Short Version

Here's the abridged version;
  1. I'm a 27 year old looking to run my "first" cycle
  2. It wouldn't actually be my first cycle - I stupidly messed around with steroids at the tender age of 14-15. Permanent effects from this are possible but not certain, though I will be having my testosterone levels tested before doing anything just to rule that out for sure.
  3. In my early - mid 20's I was an alcoholic but am clean now. Last LFT tests were OK, but I will be tested again before doing anything.
  4. Because I messed around with injectables at a young age, I now have a profound fear of needs.
  5. As such, I am looking for a suitable oral only cycle I can run.
  6. My goal is moderate amounts of lean, dry gains.
  7. Currently I'm in pretty good shape. I have been training for 9 months and now have a low BF % and a decent build. I train 6 days a week and have an impeccable diet.
Q #1: Do you have a perspective on an oral steroid with the smallest side effects (I accept there will be some, and risks with any steroid)?
Q #2: What oral options seem most suitable based on my history and current condition?

The Long Version

13-14 years ago, when I was a young teenager (14 or 15 I think), I had body dysmorphia and was obsessed with gaining a muscular physique. This was because I was heavily bullied and growing bigger seemed like the only way out. So much so, that I actually purchased online from Thailand and used steroids. The first time I tried, I got my hands on testosterone, which I intended to inject. I remember vaguely trying to inject myself and struggling massively. Thankfully, it wasn't long before my parents found my big box of needles and came down on me like a tonne of bricks.

About 6 months or a year after that, I got hold of steroids again, also from Thailand. This time I was doing an oral only cycle and unfortunately I can't remember exactly what it was, but I know that it was supposed to be fairly mild as compared to the likes of dbol. I have a strong feeling it was Turanabol but I can't be sure. However, from recent research it seems that I may have just been scammed and given dianabol. At the time I didn't know to test the product etc.

I followed the cycle with PCT but, being a dumb-ass teenager, I failed to finish the course.

Thankfully, after that I got passed my obsession with size and haven't touched steroids since in the last 14 years. It is unclear whether this round of steroids did any permanent damage to me. I do have large, puffy nipples, which I've always had a niggling feeling was related to the steroid use. But, then, it also seems to be a genetic trait. I'm having my testosterone levels tested in the coming few days and I intend on seeking medical advise if they are lower than they should be for my age.

It's worth noting that I am an ex-alcoholic (an addiction I kicked before getting into shape 9 months ago). My last LFT came back fine, and I will definitely do a fresh test before taking any oral steroids. If my LFT comes back even slightly elevated, I will postpone any steroid plans until they drop. But even with good LFT results, I will still be keen to minimise the impact to my body by taking as lesser toxic oral. I should be clear that I plan to run a range of bloodwork before doing anything and will consult medical advise if anything looks off. I don't plan to take risks if anything is off.

Anyway, the reason for the long backstory is twofold:

1) The experience of trying to self-administer steroids as a 14-15 year old has created a profound fear of needles. I am still scarred by the experience of trying to puncture skin over and over but only getting a certain depth and creating all kinds of scars on my ass.

2) I'm concerned that my prior dabbling with steroids as a teenager may make me a less than ideal candidate for taking steroids again now. If I have done permanent damage as a result (which doctors might not pick up on or relate together, given it has been so many years) could further steroid usage exacerbate problems, even if proper PCT protocols are taken?

For some context into where I am now...

About 9 months I got my life together. I was fairly overweight, but managed to lose 12-14kg in the first 4 months and then focused on bulking up after that. I train 6 days a week with one dedicated cardio day. I have a personal trainer working with me a few days a week and also a physio therapist a couple of times a month. My diet is exceptionally clean (except for my cheat meal) - I use food delivery services (KBK, Lions Prep) for all my meals which I cycle to keep interesting. I'm eating 6 meals a day with great nutritional density and protein levels.

I'm pleased with my progress and I'm definitely in the best shape of my life. But being a 6'1 guy who doesn't gain muscle as readily as others with a lucky genetic predisposition, I am keen to experiment with performance enhancing drugs to see where I can push myself.

Unfortunately, I'm terrified of needles and I find it extremely unlikely that I will be able to self administer testosterone. I know that test is the best thing to go for as an initial cycle and may well be the safest, but I'm just not convinced I can get over the needle thing.

So I've been looking at a few other oral candidates:

- Anavar
- Turanabol
- Primobolan

It is important for me to mitigate damage to my body as much as possible, which I plan to do with regular blood tests and PCT.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far! My questions boil down to:

Q #1: Do you have a perspective on an oral steroid with the smallest side effects (I accept there will be some, and risks with any steroid)?
Q #2: What oral options seem most suitable based on my history and current condition?

otfjoey300

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for the long post. I would be immensely grateful to anyway who is able to offer a perspective / answers to my questions.

The Short Version

Here's the abridged version;
  1. I'm a 27 year old looking to run my "first" cycle
  2. It wouldn't actually be my first cycle - I stupidly messed around with steroids at the tender age of 14-15. Permanent effects from this are possible but not certain, though I will be having my testosterone levels tested before doing anything just to rule that out for sure.
  3. In my early - mid 20's I was an alcoholic but am clean now. Last LFT tests were OK, but I will be tested again before doing anything.
  4. Because I messed around with injectables at a young age, I now have a profound fear of needs.
  5. As such, I am looking for a suitable oral only cycle I can run.
  6. My goal is moderate amounts of lean, dry gains.
  7. Currently I'm in pretty good shape. I have been training for 9 months and now have a low BF % and a decent build. I train 6 days a week and have an impeccable diet.

The Long Version

13-14 years ago, when I was a young teenager (14 or 15 I think), I had body dysmorphia and was obsessed with gaining a muscular physique. This was because I was heavily bullied and growing bigger seemed like the only way out. So much so, that I actually purchased online from Thailand and used steroids. The first time I tried, I got my hands on testosterone, which I intended to inject. I remember vaguely trying to inject myself and struggling massively. Thankfully, it wasn't long before my parents found my big box of needles and came down on me like a tonne of bricks.

About 6 months or a year after that, I got hold of steroids again, also from Thailand. This time I was doing an oral only cycle and unfortunately I can't remember exactly what it was, but I know that it was supposed to be fairly mild as compared to the likes of dbol. I have a strong feeling it was Turanabol but I can't be sure. However, from recent research it seems that I may have just been scammed and given dianabol. At the time I didn't know to test the product etc.

I followed the cycle with PCT but, being a dumb-ass teenager, I failed to finish the course.

Thankfully, after that I got passed my obsession with size and haven't touched steroids since in the last 14 years. It is unclear whether this round of steroids did any permanent damage to me. I do have large, puffy nipples, which I've always had a niggling feeling was related to the steroid use. But, then, it also seems to be a genetic trait. I'm having my testosterone levels tested in the coming few days and I intend on seeking medical advise if they are lower than they should be for my age.

It's worth noting that I am an ex-alcoholic (an addiction I kicked before getting into shape 9 months ago). My last LFT came back fine, and I will definitely do a fresh test before taking any oral steroids. If my LFT comes back even slightly elevated, I will postpone any steroid plans until they drop. But even with good LFT results, I will still be keen to minimise the impact to my body by taking as lesser toxic oral. I should be clear that I plan to run a range of bloodwork before doing anything and will consult medical advise if anything looks off. I don't plan to take risks if anything is off.

Anyway, the reason for the long backstory is twofold:

1) The experience of trying to self-administer steroids as a 14-15 year old has created a profound fear of needles. I am still scarred by the experience of trying to puncture skin over and over but only getting a certain depth and creating all kinds of scars on my ass.

2) I'm concerned that my prior dabbling with steroids as a teenager may make me a less than ideal candidate for taking steroids again now. If I have done permanent damage as a result (which doctors might not pick up on or relate together, given it has been so many years) could further steroid usage exacerbate problems, even if proper PCT protocols are taken?

For some context into where I am now...

About 9 months I got my life together. I was fairly overweight, but managed to lose 12-14kg in the first 4 months and then focused on bulking up after that. I train 6 days a week with one dedicated cardio day. I have a personal trainer working with me a few days a week and also a physio therapist a couple of times a month. My diet is exceptionally clean (except for my cheat meal) - I use food delivery services (KBK, Lions Prep) for all my meals which I cycle to keep interesting. I'm eating 6 meals a day with great nutritional density and protein levels.

I'm pleased with my progress and I'm definitely in the best shape of my life. But being a 6'1 guy who doesn't gain muscle as readily as others with a lucky genetic predisposition, I am keen to experiment with performance enhancing drugs to see where I can push myself.

Unfortunately, I'm terrified of needles and I find it extremely unlikely that I will be able to self administer testosterone. I know that test is the best thing to go for as an initial cycle and may well be the safest, but I'm just not convinced I can get over the needle thing.

So I've been looking at a few other oral candidates:

- Anavar
- Turanabol
- Primobolan

It is important for me to mitigate damage to my body as much as possible, which I plan to do with regular blood tests and PCT.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far! My questions boil down to:

If ur scared of needles, then don’t bother with anabolics . Stick to sarms.

otfjoey300

You aren’t ready for performance enhancement drugs in means of bodybuilding ; if you’re trying to stick to mild orals that just shut you down with next to nothing keepable (tbh you may notice small improvements but would be very temporary). Those are meant to be run with testosterone as a base (for males). Unless you’re a woman which I didn’t gather from your post, do more research and look at sarms ffs. If ur scared of needles then you shouldn’t even bother thinking about cycling gear- again go read up on sarms; but the funny thing is, they shut you down too! So like it’s kind of hard to give you a suggestion that I wouldn’t take myself.

Last edited:

Twizted

I agree with Joey, if your gonna go down this road you may as well do it right. Sticking to oral cycles only isn't the best way to go about it.

Sandman45

If ur scared of needles, then don’t bother with anabolics . Stick to sarms.
I couldn’t agree with this more. As someone that was in highschool during the superdrol/prohormone craze and definitely wrecked their HPTA; do it the right way. First things first though, get your levels checked and go from there.

Some say you can get away with using S4 or M1T or whatever as a “test base” and I’m sure it might be better than nothing but if you’re going to do it right then why cut corners? All the best! Go get those levels checked!! I’d say even a full panel of labs just to ensure your body can handle the cycle!