First cycle switch up question

dohcsvt

I am on 500 mg of Test-e per week and I’m 2/3 of the way through week 7. No side effects save for a little water retention. I have about 4-5 weeks of test left and am just going to finish that off and call it the end.

My question is, since I am almost a full 8 weeks with no sides, what is the thought on here of adding some Anavar for the last 4-5 weeks? I dont need to do dbol as I have already gained 20 pounds and don’t need anymore mass, I want to lean out.

What dosage would you guys suggest, IF you feel it’s a good idea. I am very please with results so far and just want to finish out strong as I do not plan on another cycle until next summer. Thanks for your input!

case007

No need for Anavar.
Just drop your calories to maintenance or slightly below, continue with th same level of intensity in your training. You will drop fat. Test is great for that - its your calories that will determine whether you bulk or cut.
500mg for your first cycle is overkill, but seeming as you have already done it and are well into the cycle, keep it as simple as possible. Stick to just the test.
Any oral is going to have an affect on lipids, cholesterol etc - so unless you really need it, which you dont, leave it out for now.

D

Deleted member 45086

No need for Anavar.
Just drop your calories to maintenance or slightly below, continue with th same level of intensity in your training. You will drop fat. Test is great for that - its your calories that will determine whether you bulk or cut.
500mg for your first cycle is overkill, but seeming as you have already done it and are well into the cycle, keep it as simple as possible. Stick to just the test.
Any oral is going to have an affect on lipids, cholesterol etc - so unless you really need it, which you dont, leave it out for now.
Totally agree. You can drop your calories and the test is plenty to preserve your muscle gains.

suppsforlife

If you're pleased with the results, why would you add anavar? 500 mg/week of testosterone is already a big dosage for the first steroid cycle. not to mention adding anavar. since you have at least some idea of how testosterone works for you (but remember that Test E just fully kicked in your system, because it fully works starting from week 4-6 onwards) you might add anavar but i gree with these gentlemen saying that there's no need to. in fact, you may use it for 1-2 more weeks and notice that you get high estrogen symptoms which may require you to lower the dosage (to about 300 mg/week).
but yeah, reduce the calories and continue working out. maybe add more cardio. you're going to lean out.

dohcsvt

I appreciate everyone’s feedback, thank you. However, I do have a question. It seems a lot of people say that 500mg test-e per week is a lot for a first cycle. I did what I thought was my due diligence to ensure that I did this correctly, I did not randomly pull 500mg out of thin air. There are several stickied threads about first cycle plans and they speak to 500 mg and some talk about adding Dbol in… which I thought was overkill. I mean, it’s too late now, but what is the standard? I thought that I was performing the standard… is it just personal preference?

Also, I HATE cardio, ugh! But I guess I should do it. I am putting in 2:15 minutes 4-5 times a week, but only 15 minutes of that is cardio. I will try to up it, but I think it is going to affect how hard I can weight train.

suppsforlife

is it just personal preference?
this game is all about personal preference.
the thing with 500 mg/week. that's a good starting dosage for some, but it can be overkill for others. In order to stay on the safe side, 300 mg/week is a safer and better route. some still go for the 500 mg/week as the first cycle and still have great results with little to no side effects. but others might develop too harsh side effects.
I am putting in 2:15 minutes 4-5 times a week, but only 15 minutes of that is cardio.
you're working out 2 hours 4-5 times a week? are you sure you're not overtraining?
and yeah, most of us hate cardio, but to lean out, it's important.

D

Deleted member 45086

It's always been an ongoing discussion on what test dosage to start with. 300-500/week is an acceptable range. I always looked at this way too, if you are young and starting roids and plan to run 50 cycles in your lifetime starting low makes sense. Me personally I didn't start til I was 46 and 2 years later my cycling days are pretty much over and that's why I chose to start at 500/ week and move up with each cycle. Just my opinion on the matter.

dohcsvt

you're working out 2 hours 4-5 times a week? are you sure you're not overtraining?
and yeah, most of us hate cardio, but to lean out, it's important.
Yes, I have never used gear before and wanted to make sure I didn’t waste it. My work out is 3 muscle groups per day, 4 exercises per group 3 sets of 10 with the last set being within a few reps of failure. For instance…
Chest 3 sets of 10 each
Flat bench
Cable flys
Dumbbell press
decline press

Triceps
Standing tricep press down
Kickbacks
Nose breakers
Rope push away

Legs
Extensions
Leg curls
Calf raises
Squats

I also do 160 sit ups and 4 sets of neck exercises a day.

Last edited:

dohcsvt

It's always been an ongoing discussion on what test dosage to start with. 300-500/week is an acceptable range. I always looked at this way too, if you are young and starting roids and plan to run 50 cycles in your lifetime starting low makes sense. Me personally I didn't start til I was 46 and 2 years later my cycling days are pretty much over and that's why I chose to start at 500/ week and move up with each cycle. Just my opinion on the matter.
I am almost 48, this is my first cycle and like you, I don’t know how many cycles I have left simply due to being older. Also, my elbows and shoulders are about shot and are definitely holding back my strength…
☹️

suppsforlife

Yes, I have never used gear before and wanted to make sure I didn’t waste it.
that's a good plan. I was just mentioning not to overtrain because it can be detrimental.
your plan sounds good, but you should get a feeling for yourself by monitoring your recovery, soreness etc. as long as it all sounds good - you're good to go