Fitness Wrist Bands

milkin

Ok, looking for feedback from those who use or know of anyone who uses those fitness bands that sync to your smartphone. The woman wants one and although there is toms of testimonials on the internet, I want some true feedback from a place I know. 

Most do distance, sleep, calorie, ect.... Just looking for simplicity. The jawbone looks most fashionable but does not have auto sleep enable while the fitbit appears to be the front runner. Garmin also has a nice looking product but again, looking for simplicity and something that does not look like a cheap $10 plastic Jap watch. 

So, who's up on these ?

armonda85

with all the great things technology has to offer, I've never used a fit band. Seen them and they look good, but I use my phone instead. There is an an called Shealth that came with my Note 4. I'm sure to have it on me for most of my workouts. Im sure it doesnt track much when it comes to weight lifting, but it's a start versus buying a band that may not county every single physical activity or calorie. Even the simple pedometers I usd to get didnt track my steps accordingly.

Dolf

Milk let me know what your better half thinks about it. Might get mine one in the near future

milkin

She went with the fitbit HR. Was $189 last month but now $149 on amazon. It is the most popular, user criendly, and easy to navigate through when synced on art phone. Also syncs with computer too. Its great for those less ambitions persons who need a goal set and motivation to help them achieve. You can also sync with a group and ck.pare progress. Hey.... Brain storm. A MG fitbit group for goals, progress, and challenges  :)

schree

I use the MI band, its inexpensive alternative to fitbit. I've had it for about 4 months now, I love it because it automatically tracks distance and sleep(light and deep sleep). I work night shift so sometimes I lose track of time and have to look back on the MI band app and say, "oh yea... I only slept like 4 hours yesterday, and only 2 hours of that was deep sleep. I need to get to bed ASAP."

And I've only charged it twice in 4 months. Its so amazing for its ~$20 price tag, I cant stress how absolutely in love with it I've become. 

There's also a modified version of the app for android that let's you choose vibrating alarms for other apps on your phone. So if I get a text, a phone call, or Kik message or what have you, it vibrates the MI band. Essentially my phone is always on silent and I only get the notifications that I want. 

It doesn't have any publishing features though like the fitbit or Nike+ do. And the location tracking map in side the app isn't Google, but some Chinese brand and doesn't have a lot of the local streets or location markers. But for my intents and purposes, it does everything I need.