Forget Hate

SemperFi

Heroes,

Hell has no demon that you cannot overcome! 

Forget hate. That is not why we serve. We serve because what we value at home is who we are. Each of you have given more than your share.... So much sacrifice, so much pain, so much heartbreak...... don't allow hate to devalue the sacrifices that you have made in the name of what you believe in.

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”  ― G.K. Chesterton

[[{"fid":"33046","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"alt":"Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side Of Heaven","height":165,"width":220,"class":"media-element file-default"}}]]

I hope non-vetarans will watch this and take action to do something about it. A small action can change the world. But don't worry if they don't.... Heroes will because we take care of our own! 

SEMPER FI

Dolf

That's right! We watch each others 6!

Watched a documentary on Chris Kyle the other day that pissed me off! They called him a racist because of some of his writings in the war. What they don't realize is sometimes people demonize the enemy in order to cope with the death and destruction they deal out. It's a lot harder for a grunt or special operator because the killing is a lot more up close and personel than a pilot or artillery gunner. They don't see the devastation of their deeds like the grunts and operator's do. This is especially true for snipers. Snipers in a sense play god. They hold that persons life in their hands, and see the last expression of their face when death comes knocking. Because our enemy has zero morality or values these guys find themselves having to take the lives of women and children at times. To cope Chris Kyle viewed himself ad a guardian angel, and demonized the enemy in his writings. Still it makes me sick to think this guy isn't here to defend himself, and they drag his name through the mud. What these worthless fucks that have never suffered or been shot at don't realize is that when you suffer together, you experience fear together, you defend your brothers life as he does yours all prejudices go out the door! You wanna see a diverse group of people live in harmony? Go to a grunt or spec-ops unit. An outsider might think they hate each other lol but there's more love there than anywhere! This love is why we forever have each others 6!

blastthru23

This no-hate principal applies to everyone in whatever they are doing.  Loved that video SF, it was touching, and it's sad how vets are treated. Being a vet before Vietnam was a high honor, people welcomed them home from battle.  Now they are kicked to the curb.... Fucking sad.  

ESmetalhead

Absolutely!  They have no idea of this kind of brotherhood, it is what has made people warriors though all of history.  It's unnearned moral superiority!  This is the day and age we live in, I'm so tired of the politics there is no place for balanced discussion on the internet.  Just the fringes that scream and alienate creating further division with no effort to understand.   Especially on the left. Joe Rogans podcast has discussions (very long ones) is such a great resource on a such a wide variety of guest speaking on subjects health and fitness, sociology, hunting MMA including social justice warriors this is a clip but the whole thing is very profound  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEcI7s2MRA

JdDaniel01

I've seen a documentary where Chief Kyle's deadliest day was in a 500yd alleyway, he was set up behind an elevated position and his mission was to shoot the Haji's as they ran back and forth across the alleyway to re arm themselves. basically it was fish in a barrell. It takes a strong will, faith and commitment to your convictions to be able to distribute death to all comers. I just wish we had more time with a hero like that. Just imagine the good he could have been doing with vets in the same boots. It's easy to label when you haven't been there..

SemperFi

BTW--

The boys of Five Finger Death Punch are cools kats and are grounded in their support of vets. Salt of the earth men! ;)

SEMPER FI

Big Nasty

Great post SF and responses from all. Many liberals think we are war mongers/cold hearted  and post negative shit which i try to ignore. Dolf hit the nail on the head. Combat Arms soldiers typically consist of the most diverse group of people you will ever find and come together in a brotherhood that can't be explained and deal with the worst shit imaginable. Took me 2 years post war to get back to whatever "normal" is defined as and find balance with life and family.  Although I don't regret a single experience, action, or time in the big sand box. I learned more about people, culture, death, fear, loss, bravery, myself and life in that shit hole than anywhere.  Glad to see bands such as 5 finger death punch be proactive and support vets. Im fortunate and blessed in my state. The support for vets is overwhelming from both the military and civilians.  

Outlawthing

Five finger is my #1 band  seen them in concert in December  Ivan had fell prey to the demons of addiction. So he was not there but I seen them many times and they always give thanks to the men and women who make sure we can live our lives the way we want  There is no amount of thanks I could give to you guys for that. I'm proud to call you my friends 

SemperFi

Big Nasty said:
</p><p>Many liberals think we are war mongers/cold hearted  and post negative shit which i try to ignore. 
</p><p>And many right wing conservative don't do the same thing when it serves their purpose?</p><p>No disrespect BN. I am just pointing out that we are demonizing our own kind (Americans), on both sides, instead of trying to find a solution to a problem that is effecting too many for too long.</p><p>We have a choice to be part of the problem or part of the solution. They cannot occupy the same space or time.</p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 14px;">SEMPER FI</span></p>

Big Nasty

I would agree with you that there are conservatives that are ill intended as well. I shouldn't demonize liberals overall, just the extreme ones that I cannot tolerate. I have many friends and family that are liberal in their thinking and on many accounts I agree with some of the platforms they stand for. Just frustrated with the current extreme negative sentiment on the media. Not sure what the balance is between us all. Sure seems to be dividing at an alarming rate or it could be simply a false perception induced purposely by the media so they keep the shit pot stirred up and people watching the news.   

Thank you to all of you for your service past and present and for giving me as a US Citizen an opportunity to live in peace. I come from a line of Military Family and have the utmost respect for each and every one of you! 

ESmetalhead

Seems like there is no place for balanced level headed people. Both sides have valid, philosophies, view points and ideas and blind extremes and biases.  It's fueled in part by internet rants that fail where a face to face discussion might revel common ground and understanding.  I'm tired of it all, I dont know where its going to lead.

SemperFi

Support our vets even if you disagree with the politics that has placed them in there current situation. Quit talking about it and 'Just Do It'.

If you can't do it for them do it for yourself.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

SEMPER FI

Dolf

Well we all know which side is responsible for the fucked up ROE that came about, and tied our guys and gals hands behind their backs. Many good lives were lost because of those fucked up ROE! When a drone pilot clearly identifies an enemy, and they have to call JAG lawyers back in the States, and lay out a case to kill them and argue back and forth about it. Then when they get the ok the enemy has discarded their rpg at a house in a village and now you can't kill him! That's bullshit, and those same two guys will probably be out that night planting an ied that could possibly kill or injure friendlys.

Look at Marcus Luttrell. They went through that hell because they were more scared to be tried by twelve than carried by six! Many SEALs and Task Force 160 pilots lost their lives over fucked up ROE!

Imo this is what fuels many combat vets dislike of bleeding heart types.

[[{"fid":"33186","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","attributes":{"alt":"How to be American","class":"media-element file-default"},"link_text":null}]]

Dolf

These guys are awesome! I'm suscribed to them on youtube. Epic rap battles they do are pretty funny.