Free Testosterone

Twizted

Alright I need some assistance from all you big brained, muscle bound folks. Just got my bloodwork back and for the most part everything looked good, aside from one area. My free testosterone says it's 0.0... absolutely zero. So first off, what do you guys think could be causing this? And secondly what are the downsides to low free test? Does it hinder muscle growth severely?

At the time the blood was taken I was on 500mg per week of test and that was it. I had just stopped taking Deca so it is possible I still had some deca floating around in there but very minimal amounts I would think. Thanks for the help guys and gals

Jimmie

Alright I need some assistance from all you big brained, muscle bound folks. Just got my bloodwork back and for the most part everything looked good, aside from one area. My free testosterone says it's 0.0... absolutely zero. So first off, what do you guys think could be causing this? And secondly what are the downsides to low free test? Does it hinder muscle growth severely?

At the time the blood was taken I was on 500mg per week of test and that was it. I had just stopped taking Deca so it is possible I still had some deca floating around in there but very minimal amounts I would think. Thanks for the help guys and gals
Sorry if don't know the answer but if it where me I'd be seeing Dr and getting more tests and possibly treatment, if required.
Id say bone density, erectile disfunction and balding word be my key concerns.
Can I ask your age and history of cycling?
How are you feeling overall?

Twizted

I feel amazing, elections and sex life are great and I've been putting on muscle fairly easy. My total testosterone was above the reference range which is 1600+

HGH.to

have you tested SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin)? It should be high and you should reduce it.
You could add some HCG and Proviron. HCG increases LH and FSH while Proviron binds well to SHBG and reduces it.

Twizted

I'll have to look at my papers when I get home. I think SHBG was in the low to normal range. I'll be home in an hour and I'll take a look

Twizted

Ok so I just checked my papers my SHBG is 21.8 so not as low as I thought but still not that high right? Lutenizing hormone was 1.0 which is just under the normal range and follicle stimulating hormone was 0.3

Twizted

yeah, you could retest.

can be helpful.
still, Twizted, your doc suggested anything?
No he didn't. He isnt an endo Dr or anything like that, he is my suboxone Dr but he doesn't care to order full blood work for me that's covered by insurance. He said everything looked good.

Nick1000

Ok so I just checked my papers my SHBG is 21.8 so not as low as I thought but still not that high right? Lutenizing hormone was 1.0 which is just under the normal range and follicle stimulating hormone was 0.3
I am gonna say to go with a re-test. Free T should be something like 3 to 5 percent of your total test. Low free T will cause low sex drive, irritability, and so on buy you say you are feeling fine. Your shbg is in normal range. Only other cause for low free T is heavy aromatization. I would retest.

Last edited: