Gains of test dependant on lifter experience level novice vs advanced or close to natural limits..

N

noveskeelite

Gains of test dependant on lifter experience level novice vs advanced or close to natural limits..

<p>Thought of interesting topic earlier and wanted to get some opinions. I myself am a new user of testosterone and while i have seen some gains they havent been quite what i would have expected. I would definitely say i am an intermiediate to advanced lifter as i acheived a 400+ bench and 600+ deadlift naturally.</p>
<p>My strength levels naturally were higher than a lot of guys i know who have been "ON" for quite awhile.</p>
<p>SO with all that question is do gains come slower for someone more advanced vs the guy who isnt really even close to natural limits and would be considered "novice"? what are some of you more experienced guys opinions on this??</p>

milkin

Here's my opinion noveskelite. Having been around both AAS and non AAS users, on a competitive college football level, I can tell you this. Those who elect to cut corners and "Get the edge" before their natural gains have plateaued seem to have less gains later on. We call this group the less advanced who look for quick gains by taking the short road. Their underdeveloped muscles are forced to grow faster then intended and are not conditioned the way they should be. Sure they get great gains, look solid, and achieve numerous PR's, but how so they keep those gains in the years to follow ? 

The advanced group, who have pounded the iron AAS free and plateaued have ran their muscles the distance, are now are dealing with a fully conditioned muscle that has little room to grow naturally. These guys get the more impressive gains once they hop on the juice since they are extending past their plateau. Anyone who has reached a plateau can surely relate to this.

Remember, AAS help aide in recovery of damaged muscle tissue that is a result of training by filling the cell receptors that tell the cells to make new proteins. Adding new protines + recovery and muscle growth. While it’s normal for the body to create new proteins, the steroids just tell the cells to create the proteins at a faster rate.

Then there is genetics which we all know play a huge role. Your question is somewhat a loaded one because the gains made by a novice lifter are tremendous if their training, diet, etc is all in check. However, the novice already has these things covered but has plateaued. 

siegmund

Yes ,testostorne in general increases the bodys chances of assimulating  proteine by 1/3 (@250 mg)

Also even testostorne in mega doses is useless ,,if there isn't  enough protein hitting the system @ certain times 

In order to grow and strength gains , calories are needed , ( lots of calories) you don't eat you don't gain bottom line 

Supporting the muscle is crucial, I myself off cycle but on my cruise ,increased calorie intake by around 1500_ 2500 

Also I added a minimum of 150 protein intake per day .

Exceeded my normal training by @ least 1/3, I find working sets 

My weight jumped from 190. To 202 lb- 5 clothed = 197 

Strength dropped @ first , but I'm seeing a gradual build up,agion 

To make sure there's adaquet protein available ,I not only eat my solid 4 meals but ,every 2-3 hours I will add a 30 mg protein bar ,, just to make sure ,when my receptors want there fix , there is protein aval.

Receptors want what they want when they want it ,and its impossible to pinpoint when.So I find if I ,add even small amounts of protein , in 2 hour interval ,if needed its there

Also I'm holding my 10% bf, which is amazing which tells me, its propper weight and muscle,( and I cut the double cheese burgers out milk in,lol,and replaced with egg salad ,tuna salad, chicken salad,still loading up on my wife's Latino food ,, plantien, yumi , yautia ,pastelli, and brown rice , a lot of these foods mentioned are roots, and pumpkins etc.

But I figured I'd share this , testostorne and any aas needs , nutrition and training ( and I know you train your ass off nove. And your a big boy , are you giving your body enough fuel, and protein 

N

noveskeelite

Agree with everything you said milkin. Question was based on assumption the person has solid training program, is consistent, and does whats needed in kitchen. Of course you shouldn't even consider gear unless you at the very minimum know how to train. If your considering taking gear nobody should have to tell you how to eat or train.

N

noveskeelite

seigmund your right on about food my man. I learned that training naturally. And hit a point where literally the ONLY way to get stronger was to get fatter lol.

I still preach to my training partner about making sure he eats. hes paranoid about gaining weight and wonders why he isn't making progress.

milkin

So noveskeelite, when you say your gains were not as expected, what were you expecting ?  You are without a doubt an advanced lifter and the fact thst you now just incoorporating AAS is good valiable information. Your logs dont lie and shows great forward progress. I ask so others can perhaps find answers to questions similar to yours.

N

noveskeelite

milkin said:
</p>
<p>So noveskeelite, when you say your gains were not as expected, what were you expecting ?  You are without a doubt an advanced lifter and the fact thst you now just incoorporating AAS is good valiable information. Your logs dont lie and shows great forward progress. I ask so others can perhaps find answers to questions similar to yours.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>haha that's a tough one to answer. guess I didn't know what to expect honestly. Reading steroid profiles and stuff kinda leads people to believe these are like super drugs lol. so honestly my expectations were and probably still are too high.</p>
<p>What people need to understand (myself included). Is that these aren't magic and you aren't gonna gain 50lbs on every lift overnight.</p>
<p>With that said tho anyone reading this should also keep in mind im only taking 250mg every 4-5 days. And I HAVE made progress. Before I started I had been stagnant for months In September I hit 405 for the first time. and in November deadlifted 610 for first time. Since then ive just been in the same spot going up and down strength wise.</p>
<p>after a month of being on test e 250mg every 4-5 days I have now doubled 405 on bench also hit it in a meet officially (much tougher than in gym)</p>
<p>and just last week deadlifted 575 for 4 reps which is HUUUUGGGEEE PR. putting me around 650 max</p>
<p>bodyweight is relatively unchanged and my arms are about 1/4" bigger.</p>
<p>so I have definitely made progress.</p>

milkin

Perfect answer +1. The proof is in the results right here ! More is not always better and coming from a conservative individual such as yourself, it couldn't have been said better.

siegmund

Heap,great and honest answer,,the gains are coming ,,my self ,I didn't touch a aas  till I was 47 and I'll be 50 in two weeks ,I may have if I wasn't away so long ,, but who knowns ,, but at 50 I still gain slowly, and if I only maintained what I have I'd be happy ,,but fortantly I'm still gaining ..but need all three food , traing ,aas ,in that order +1